favorite smells

spaceghost

foreign ramen exchange student
Reaction score
Awards
I have no idea if they're like, artificially scented or they're legit just cinnamon but I bought one once and hung it up and my home was incapable of producing other smells. no cooking smells, no baking smells, only cinnamon. I completely stopped ever seeing bugs in my space too. it was like, kind of ominous ngl
super pumped for the change of scenery, thanks for asking! it's something I've wanted to do for a super long time so I'm hyped to finally be doing it
thas sick now i feel like i need to pick one up, the fact that no bugs have shown when you put it up is what surprised me the most. I live in an apartment and when i moved here i used to have a phobia of bugs but after a few months they kind of quit bothering me. though still doesnt stop me from having chemical warfare with them every once in a while.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: naa

naa

thas sick now i feel like i need to pick one up, the fact that no bugs have shown when you put it up is what surprised me the most. I live in an apartment and when i moved here i used to have a phobia of bugs but after a few months they kind of quit bothering me. though still doesnt stop me from having chemical warfare with them every once in a while.
quora says bugs hate cinnamon so this could be the ultimate solution. the broom sure lasted a long time. I usually just chuck bugs out my window tbh but I get why they can be spooky

Deleted member 2040

100%

Nature gang arise! They don't call me Bioluminescence for nothing! Let's get this biodiversity and species richness!

Also, the history of mowing lawns and keeping a bush and lawn garden goes back to early 18th century customs for the French aristocracy which the English latched on to mimic their countryside. And then how the companies which manufactured explosives during WW2 needed to convince and engage in heavy marketing campaigns in to sell nitrogenous fertilizers to regular Americans. In a sense, this is one of many so called 'habits' which was artificially instituted by almighty corporate (aka a demiurge like figure) much like today's Christmas, aka buy crap day, which is dedicated to, well guess, and also aims to eliminate the religious affiliation with what once was a very sacred day to Christians...

wind breathe GIF

E R I L A Z

Young Wehrwolf
Reaction score
Awards
hmmmmm there's so many specific ones that do it for me. I despise the Vera Bradley store smell; it reminds me of my mom dragging me to the PX on base when I was a kid and having to wait hours for her to finish shopping. I collect old books, so the scent has kinda permeated my room, which I absolutely love. It's comforting, and helps me imagine what I want my dream house to look like when I can afford one. Pine needles are another favorite, they remind me of Yosemite in the winter. I went camping with my family when I was ten or so, and what I remember most is walking out to this lake that had frozen over, and it was absolutely silent except for our footsteps. So peaceful

Virtual Cafe Awards

spaceghost

Reaction score
Awards
hmmmmm there's so many specific ones that do it for me. I despise the Vera Bradley store smell; it reminds me of my mom dragging me to the PX on base when I was a kid and having to wait hours for her to finish shopping. I collect old books, so the scent has kinda permeated my room, which I absolutely love. It's comforting, and helps me imagine what I want my dream house to look like when I can afford one. Pine needles are another favorite, they remind me of Yosemite in the winter. I went camping with my family when I was ten or so, and what I remember most is walking out to this lake that had frozen over, and it was absolutely silent except for our footsteps. So peaceful
damn bro that sounds beautiful, and you made me think of another one of my favorite smells. a misty forest right alongside the ocean. the smell is so rejuvenating and is just incomparable to any other, the smell of pine, eucalyptus, redwood or sequoia is just so immaculate, particularly when paired with the ocean. i live on the west side of the states and i got to say its probably the best feature we have.

Virtual Cafe Awards

spaceghost

Reaction score
Awards
the smell of old books reminds me of my grandma, she used to take me into bookstores as a kid and shes an avid reader, always has a book within arms reach if its not already in her hand

Virtual Cafe Awards
The smell of someone burning firewood on a autumn/winter night is one of my top favorite smells.
Also the smell of warm brownies, this Green tea bath soak my mom had as a kid that I can still remember the smell of, Old books but particular ones as certain ones have the most perfect smell, the smell of walking into a New York pizza restaurant and the smell of oregano and garlic filling the air, the smell of rain on a humid day, s'mores, when you open a fresh bag of coffee and inhale the smell.

Virtual Cafe Awards

W0LF_101

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
The smell of freshly ground coffee is definitely a favorite of mine, however I think that's a little common
The smell of sea air, fresh, crisp, with a tinge of seaweed and salt is another favorite. When I was younger I used to holiday over near the coasts. Close enough that you could look out of your window and see the sea stretching off into the distance. Definitely a nostalgic smell that one.

Virtual Cafe Awards

uxtauria

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
What a great thread! It reminded me of a couple years back... I came across an old photo of my mom doing my hair when I was a kid and in the background I saw this bottle of hair product she used to use. Even though nearly 20 years had passed, as soon as I saw that bottle in the photo I could instantly smell the stuff as if it was in the room with me. My mom had recently passed at that time, and I had been trying to remember what perfume she used to wear (with no success) so I was really curious to see if that gel was still available in stores. Next day I went to Target and they had it, I opened the cap in the aisle and the smell immediately brought me back to being a kid again... nearly started crying in the store lol. I bought it and even though it doesn't really do shit for my hair I still use it from time to time just for the memories.

71w7e9X0S8L._SL1500_.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

ala_bluh

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
those strawberry / bubblegum flavoured kiddie toothpastes + cough syrup (esp lagundi)
very nostalgic for me - reminds me of simpler times

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: naa