Favorite Type of Beer?

• Thread starter mast
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 3086 times.

Cugel

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Mock me as you will but I recently found out there's been a surge in non-alcoholic craft beer and as a former beer liker it's been awesome having something other than O'Doul's swill. Weihenstephaner even makes a non-alcoholic beer now, which is almost unbelievable to me. Before I got sober I used to really love smoked beers, although they were kind of tough to find. And malt liquor owns drink it with pride

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
People bully me about this but I love selters like Trulys and white claws. Idc I like em!
Rhett Mclaughlin Party GIF by Rhett and Link

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
new england IPA, the saliter the better;)
i love seahag

but im from michigan so oberon is king
Ooo i gotta try that, i dont think i had salty beer

Virtual Cafe Awards

TigrEncounter

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Asahi, Dreher is my go to beer. Especially Asahi. Pretty good beer but It's kinda expensive sadly because nobody likes it except me.

Virtual Cafe Awards

GillianSeed

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Red Ales are usually my go to. Or a cream ale.
A local barcade/nano-brewery near me makes some of the best I've ever had.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Adrenochrome

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Pilsner, porters, barrel aged anything, but Pale Ales are really my jam, APA, EPA, IPA of most any variety.
I've been a pro brewer for 15 years, so hit me with any questions you have!
Damn! What do you think of the recent shift towards smoothies, adjunct-heavy IPAs, pastry stouts etc. ?

Virtual Cafe Awards

mauisun_user237

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Bitburger pilsner, Leffe, Ayinger, Trappistes Rochefort
I never get a headache from german/belgian beers I swear
anything that has an ancient looking label or has a monk walking in a field on it is usually great imho

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Ixion_SEROV

Y2K Hype Beast
Reaction score
Awards
Beer is a tough choice for me, but I'll law down some options that I enjoy.

When it comes to Mexican beers and lagers, I used to be a Dos Equis man, but over time, I've come to enjoy Pacifico Clara far more. It tastes -just- unique enough to remain cream of the crop. People may swear by Modelo, but I've lost my taste for it.

If we're talking Pilsners, nothing beats a six pack of the OG- Pilsner Urquell. This is a bit harder to find in some parts of the US, but where I go, it's nearly always available. Brewed in the Czech Republic, it's one of the few European beers that I find to be genuinely good all-around. Sorry Stella and Heineken!

When it comes to American beers however, I'm a bit biased in that Texan beers take home the gold here- literally! Alamo Golden Ale is a blonde that really knocks it out of the park. Bonus points for letting me act like I'm on King of the Hill!

I also enjoy some of the more out-there options like Japan's famous Yebisu (which normally fetches a slightly higher cost) and the powerful flavor of La Fin Du Monde- a Belgian-style triple which comes in at a whopping 9% alcohol content! It's definitely a kicker and it's smooth flavor make it the most expensive beer on my list, but it's still worth the try.

Attachments

• Beer 1.jpg
    Beer 1.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Beer 2.jpg
    Beer 2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Beer 3.jpg
    Beer 3.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Beer 4.jpg
    Beer 4.jpg