Favorite Video Game(s)?

Deleted member 795

1. Pokemon. No versions, as I consider everything post-G/S/C as being a single arc of A game, not separate ones. It's very much my "book at bedtime", and has been for some 22 years now.

2. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE.

PGen98

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
My response here could be a mile long. I'm a gamer and a collector, with a collection that spans from the 70s (ok, it's just a Pong Clone from 1974, but it counts! Atari 2600 and Intellivision would be next oldest in my collection) right up to today, with about 2,000 games to go with it. I've been obsessed with gaming since I was just a youngster and even though I don't get the time I'd like to game today, I still carry on my love for it. So, when it comes to favourites, my actual list is gigantic, but some of the highlights include:

-Bioshock Series (love 'em, love the System Shock games, too, there's no better villain in gaming than SHODAN)
-The Fable Series (the core games, not the strange offshoots, like Fable Heroes or the ridiculous Kinect game that came out)
-The Mass Effect Series (Absolutely phenomenal story and some of the best gameplay out there, Andromeda was a letdown, but I'm looking forward to the trilogy remaster to play them again with enhanced visuals!)
-The Last of Us (I wish they hadn't made a second, it was never going to be well received after how incredible the first game was)
-Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (people laugh at this one, but it's such a fantastic game!)
-Panzer Dragoon Saga (no, not just because it's rare, because it's one of the absolute best RPGs of it's era and quite possibly of all time, same as...)
-Final Fantasy VII (there can be no argument that it was an incredible game!)
-Parasite Eve (another incredible PS1 release)
-Super Mario 64 (who didn't spend countless hours playing this? Best Mario game of all time!)
-Pretty much any Pokemon game (I grew away from the cards and anime, but the Pokemon games I've played since R/B/Y and probably always will, really good games to play)
-Star Wars: KotOR (amazing RPG with a deep story)
-Sid Meier's Civilization series (so much fun, especially the early ones where you could unit stack and just run riot on other civs...fun times!)
-Saints Row Series (the GTA for anyone who wants a bit more silliness and super powers with their open world tormenting. Incredibly fun series.)

...and so many more!

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
若い頃、私はよくスーパーマリオスリーをプレイしていました。ウィザードでのカメオ出演に魅了されました

Virtual Cafe Awards

Placeholder

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
1. Pokemon. No versions, as I consider everything post-G/S/C as being a single arc of A game, not separate ones. It's very much my "book at bedtime", and has been for some 22 years now.

2. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE.
Heartgold is my favorite childhood game for sure, the amount of content in it let me spend hundreds of hours in it without even getting into the competitive side of it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Heartgold is my favorite childhood game for sure, the amount of content in it let me spend hundreds of hours in it without even getting into the competitive side of it.
I always loved yellow so I can have Pikachu follow me around everywhere

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
若い頃、私はよくスーパーマリオスリーをプレイしていました。ウィザードでのカメオ出演に魅了されました
Lol I had to Google translate that. What wizard are you talking about in super Mario? Tbh I never was able to beat the game.

Virtual Cafe Awards

pixel_star_ghost

friendly ghost lost on the wired
Reaction score
Awards
As you can see on my profile, i'm a big fan of Kirby games, my favorite of all times is Kirby Super Deluxe from the SNES/SFC, i'm algo a big fan of branch storyline/open world rpgs like Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas, The Witcher, Kenshi, etc ^^

Virtual Cafe Awards

PGen98

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
As you can see on my profile, i'm a big fan of Kirby games, my favorite of all times is Kirby Super Deluxe from the SNES/SFC, i'm algo a big fan of branch storyline/open world rpgs like Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas, The Witcher, Kenshi, etc ^^
I always loved Kirby's Adventure, such a fun game! Kirby games as a whole are actually really great fun to play!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

I like lots for lots of different reasons. in no particular order

ocarina of time- I just love everything about it. great story and feel, amazing soundtrack, the game design is great

breath of the wild- I love the open world stuff and the dungeons are nice and short and sweet. the game has it's scars, but it's very fun to just kind of zone out in

link's awakening- the best 2d zelda. looks good, not too complex

mother 3- probably one of the most epic 2d games?

undertale- amazing story and really interesting gameplay

yoshi's island- perfect 2d platformer. tight controls, looks great, perfect difficulty curve, great mechanics

sonic mania- sonic 2 is probably the whole reason I make VW and electronic music in the first place, so when I saw this come out, i was floored. it just hits all the buttons. controls great, amazing soundtrack, perfect amount of fan service and mixing old with new

chrono trigger- working on my first playthrough. i am loving it so far!

Emy_SJ

Animation Enjoyer
Reaction score
Awards
I like a lot of videogames, but ill put my top 5:
1- Genshin Impact
2- Undertale (Even thought I haven't played in a while)
3- Kirby saga (My most favorites are Kirby Crystal Shards and Kirby's Planet Robobot)
4- Animal Crossing
5- Super smash brothers

I like Undertale because of the lore and the desings in it. I also love some of the characters and they're cool traits.

Virtual Cafe Awards

naa

These are some of my favorite games, in no particular order. I have more than this, but these are the ones I could think of off the top of my head right now.
long post ahead, I'll include some pics. thanks for reading! NiNtEn6z4

Yume Nikki, the original RPGMaker one. I had a really old computer when I was a kid, so I got really into RPGMaker games and emulating older games because they were the only games that could run on my computer. I found Yume Nikki when I was in middle school, there was a link to the site hosting it on a forum I used. I spent months just wandering around in the game, the atmosphere of it was really exciting for me. It took me forever to find all the effects, and I had a lot of fun doubling over areas and trying out new effects on them. I was also in a phase of my life where most of my time was spent sleeping, so it felt kinda relatable and the whole concept of it made me feel less alone. The game really felt like nothing I had ever played before, I've replayed it since then and it still holds up too, which is always great.
the OG.png

ILLBLEED for Dreamcast. A lot of people feel like this is an unplayably bad game, but I love it and it's one of my favorite games. It really feels like it breaks new ground in terms of gameplay, which might be a controversial opinion but I've genuinely never played a game that has the same gameplay elements ILLBLEED has. The whole game takes place in a big, spooky theme park so everything is built around that concept. The entire game revolves around a Fear Sensor that tells you if a scare is nearby, which you can then mark to prevent the scare from happening. You have to manage things like adrenaline to keep the Fear Sensor working. If you don't, something pops out at you and you take damage. It also has combat segments, and a really goofy, fun storyline. The enemy designs are really cool. I personally like that you have to replay the whole game a second, different time to get an actual ending.
illbleed cake.jpg

illbleed michael.jpg

Space Funeral is a really short RPGMaker game, I think I first found it when I was a teenager but I've replayed it a couple times since then. It's really goofy but it hits me really hard in my Emotions. It just really speaks to me. I also really love the art style and the music choices. I love that fuckin, campy almost Halloween-y aesthetic it has. I love that your character model spends the entire game straight sobbing. I love that there's a horse made of legs. Just a really, really good game. Here's a link in case you haven't played it, heads up you might need to download the font to read the text at all.
space funeral oh no.png

Chibi-Robo! for GameCube. In Chibi-Robo, you play a small cleaning robot taking care of a house and trying to help a family with quests and minigames. At night, the toys in the house come alive and you can do quests for them, too. I've played a lot of games but honestly none of them feel as big as Chibi-Robo does, and the whole game takes place only inside one house and a yard. There's just so much stuff to find in that game, and the way the scale is makes everything so so fun. The cleaning mechanics are really fun and satisfying, I also really enjoy the story, the game's sense of humor and the art style. I've been meaning to replay it for a while.
chibo.jpg

Simpsons: Hit & Run, wildly fun game. I like that it's got a nice, branching set of quests and a linear storyline but you can also just fuck around as much as you want. All the easter eggs and minigames are super fun, too. I really like how it feels like you can go to basically every location on the map, it's nice seeing something in the distance, or really high up, then being able to actually go there if you try hard enough. It's a super goofy, funny game and I really love it.
freezer geezer comically small.jpg

White Day: A Labyrinth Named School, the original 2001 one, not the remake. This game scares the hell out of me, by far my favorite proper horror game, and by far the scariest game I've played. It's a game where you're a kid going into your school after dark to put chocolate in your crush's desk. It turns out that at night there's a bunch of supernatural stuff in your school, the janitor is possessed, and you can't leave. There's three girls, including your crush trapped inside the school as well. The whole game's about you trying to get out of the school, but it's a process and involves a lot of exorcisms.
The game has no combat mechanics, but there are puzzles and boss battles. Throughout the game you're stalked by the janitor, who you have to hide from in dark rooms, but if a room is dark for too long ghosts start to pop up. The sound design is amazing, and the game really makes you feel helpless and stressed out. It also has branching storylines depending on how you treat the three girls, and eight endings. It's a pretty long game, I got all 8 endings and it took me like 6 months. The added difficulty modes are really fun, there's one where you have to escape the school before midnight, so the entire game is on a timer.
It's kinda hard to find and play the 2001 White Day nowadays, especially if you need an English translation, but if you can find it I really recommend checking it out.
sweet sweet 2001 graphix.jpg

春日歩の通販生活, this is a game where Osaka from Azumanga Daioh hangs out in a room and sometimes goes to her part time job. It can work as a screensaver. She can get items from mail order on the TV, then she interacts with them in the room. The only gameplay on your part is clicking the button to order the items. I like that she plays the bongos. This game makes me happy.
osaka sim 1.jpg
osaka sim 2.jpg

Animal Crossing, in general but my favorites are the GameCube version and New Horizons. I really obsessed over the GameCube version when I was a kid, and I was a weird, lonely kid, but I felt like I formed genuine friendships with my neighbors. I still feel like that with New Horizons, which is pretty silly, but I really love the game for it. I've never played a game that really makes me feel like I'm making friends like that. I really like how portable New Horizons is, too. If I'm stressed out, or having a hard time for any reason, I can always go to my little island and hang out with my weird little animal friends. It's a nice form of escapism. I'm also a huge fan of the museum, I get really fixated on catching all the bugs, fossils, and fish. Here's me in New Horizons.
dumb.jpg

Deleted member 2040

Hello Everyone, :D nice to meet ya
The title is self-explanatory, talk about your favorite Video Game(s)! It can include franchises, spinoffs, whateverelse.

Please follow the rules:
-Please make sure all Video Game titles are SFW (Safe-For-Work aka appropriate)
-Please explain (at-least a sentence or so) about why you like the video game :)
-Any type of Video Games are allowed, from Console to Mobile to PC, etc.
-Have fun ;D

Optional: Include a picture or two

My Personal Favorites:
-Life is Strange
-Animal Crossing
-Simpsons: Hit & Run
-The Sims

Skyrim modded on PC, because why the hell not be a khajiit fist fighter battling hordes of Falmer while levitating through Blackreach casting modded fire spells?

In no particular order:

Tron 2.0

tron2.jpg

I love Tron and there aren't enough games for this franchise out there.

Lost Vikings
vikings.jpg

Out of all the SNES games I had, this was the one which stood out to me the most for it's scifi/fantasy theme mix.

Portal
0000002583.1920x1080.jpg

this was the first "HD" game I had ever played in my life. It was uncanny to see my shitty laptop be able to render this with no problems back in the day. I still love how it holds up.

WipEout (series)
6894926455_90dc812d41_b.jpg

I stan Goteki45

Para Para Paradise
booklet-back.jpg

Konami keeps sitting on a tech goldmine and I am mad this never got a sequel or westside localization.

BeachHead 2000
beachhead2k_VR-641x1000.png

This one explains itself.

Virtual Cafe Awards

naa

In no particular order:

Tron 2.0

View attachment 2933
I love Tron and there aren't enough games for this franchise out there.

Lost Vikings
View attachment 2934
Out of all the SNES games I had, this was the one which stood out to me the most for it's scifi/fantasy theme mix.

Portal
View attachment 2935
this was the first "HD" game I had ever played in my life. It was uncanny to see my shitty laptop be able to render this with no problems back in the day. I still love how it holds up.

WipEout (series)
View attachment 2936
I stan Goteki45

Para Para Paradise
View attachment 2937
Konami keeps sitting on a tech goldmine and I am mad this never got a sequel or westside localization.

BeachHead 2000
View attachment 2938
This one explains itself.
You're so right about Konami sitting on a tech goldmine! I really wish they'd do more with the massive amount of good tech they have just sitting around.
The arcade machine for Para Para Paradise is unbelievably cool! I'm not sure if Para Para Paradise 2nd Mix is a sequel or just a remastered version, but that's the one I'm most used to seeing and the motion sensors on it are crazy
para para.jpg
para para 2.jpg

zalaz alaza

hawaiin burger genie 5.04 LTS
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
zalazalaza.xyz
Can we get some MVC2 love on this old thread? It is hands down my fav fighting game of all time. I even went to play w some of the best players at chinatown fair in manhatten which was very humbling, at last as humbling as a video game can be. Im also a big fan of the final fantasy series, especially FF1 and FF3/6. Old school RTS games are also rad, original warcraft, warcraft2, Dune, Command and Conquer.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 4436

I'm going to be honest, I'm not even sure if I like video games.
I haven't felt like playing one in about a year now. All I do now is watch people argue about them on the internet. Even before that, I had already begun to realize that I wasn't enjoying it. Even for the ones I would normally like, my thoughts would always drift back to thinking about how suboptimal the games are, and that I'm not actually having fun.

I spent a large portion of my life playing them up until now; even as far back as my first memory extends --which would be around age 3 or 4, for reference,-- I'm fairly certain that I had already become accustomed to vidya. I think I did it because my parents did it, and they bought me games because they didn't know how else to keep me occupied. The last game I played seriously was Okami*. I got about two thirds through the game before I decided that I was only forcing myself to play it so that I could finish it. Maybe it's because of burnout, maybe it's because I got too old (unlikely, since I'm a zoomer and people from both my generation and older generations still play often), or maybe it's because I just kept trying to force myself to like kusoge.

Anyways, if I made a chart of the games which I did enjoy, at least as far as I can remember.
It was difficult, as I couldn't remember them off the top of my head, so I had to go through lists of games to see if I could find any which I both played and enjoyed.
Here it is:
kinoge_list.jpg

*I went through I little detour through Touhou recently. I didn't get good enough at them to clear any of the extra stages, but I did enjoy the ones which I played, for as short amount of time as I did.

also,
Can we get some MVC2 love on this old thread? It is hands down my fav fighting game of all time.
Incredibly based, fellow MvC2 enjoyer

Last edited by a moderator:

manpaint

̴̘̈́ ̵̲̾ ̸̯̎ ̴͓̀ ̸̳͝ ̸͈͑ ̴̡̋ ̸̞̂ ̴̰̚ ̵̨̔ ̸̭̎
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
Nowadays, it's hard for me to enjoy games anymore as my "gamer spririt" kinda died, but historically speaking, those are the game I like the most.

Game I love a lot (in no particular order):
  • RuneScape 3 (More specifically the build of december 2018)
  • Genshin Impact (I only play on private servers though)
  • Drakensang: The Dark Eye
  • Pokemon Platinum
  • Super Mario 64 DS
  • Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
  • Pokemon Y
  • Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force
  • Zelda: Twilight Princess
Games I liked (in no particular order):
  • PokeMMO
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Mario Kart DS