Favorite VSTs?

• Thread starter mast
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 811 times.

Searched but didn't find a thread on this topic. Apologies if I overlooked an established thread.

Curious to know what VSTs fellow Agora travelers use when making music. For years I primarily used Absynth 5, Camel Audio Alchemy, SQ8L, and Synth1. I've collected far too many VSTs over the years and have used many, many more.

What are your favorite VSTs?

Virtual Cafe Awards

I Kno

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
ikno.bandcamp.com
Synth wise, definitely Serum. its been my go to for a while now because of how versatile it is and the workflow in it is great.

FX wise, I'd probably have to go with Portal. I like doing really atmospheric pads and textural stuff so Portal is great for those kind of things.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Synth wise, definitely Serum. its been my go to for a while now because of how versatile it is and the workflow in it is great.

FX wise, I'd probably have to go with Portal. I like doing really atmospheric pads and textural stuff so Portal is great for those kind of things.
Portal is astounding and incredibly useful. Forgot to ask what VST fx people are using so thank you!

Virtual Cafe Awards

JohnAfrica

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Started with Massive, switched to Serum when it came out, now I mainly use Quanta with samples.

For FX some of my favourites are Sonnox Transmod for adding punch to drums, OTT for quick multiband compression, EOS for rich reverb.

Virtual Cafe Awards

kamichan504

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
linktr.ee
Way too many for me to name, but I'll name a few.

Glitch
Reaktor instruments
Bleep
Anything HG Fortune made
Sonik Synth 2
Rez 2 & 3
Alchemy (I hate that it's exclusive to Logic Pro now)

Virtual Cafe Awards
Way too many for me to name, but I'll name a few.

Glitch
Reaktor instruments
Bleep
Anything HG Fortune made
Sonik Synth 2
Rez 2 & 3
Alchemy (I hate that it's exclusive to Logic Pro now)
Great tastes. HG Fortunate's synths are so unique and inspiring. Very sad he's no longer with us but happy he left us with so many visionary instruments.

Totally agree on Alchemy as well. I still think there are few synths that can match its power. I think the only reason it doesn't stand as one of the go-to VSTs for many people is it's unavailability.

Virtual Cafe Awards
So far I have mainly been working with Logic Pro's own FX and synths, but TyrellN6 is pretty nice!

iZotope Vinyl has also done its job giving my songs that older texture.

I also use MvMeter2 for the master.

Virtual Cafe Awards

kamichan504

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
linktr.ee
Great tastes. HG Fortunate's synths are so unique and inspiring. Very sad he's no longer with us but happy he left us with so many visionary instruments.

Totally agree on Alchemy as well. I still think there are few synths that can match its power. I think the only reason it doesn't stand as one of the go-to VSTs for many people is it's unavailability.
HG Fortune def left some gems. The STS series will always be my favorite. And I definitely agree about Alchemy. Had it not been sold to Apple, it would be a go-to for many.

Virtual Cafe Awards

kamichan504

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
linktr.ee
So far I have mainly been working with Logic Pro's own FX and synths, but TyrellN6 is pretty nice!

iZotope Vinyl has also done its job giving my songs that older texture.

I also use MvMeter2 for the master.
TyrellN6 is def on my long, long list of favorites!
I haven't used Vinyl yet, but I do use other iZotope products. Mostly Nectar 3 Plus.
But man.... You're good to go with Logic Pro alone!!!

Virtual Cafe Awards

isolation suite

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
tal sampler
phonec
dexed
massive
roland boutique

alot of the stock vsts and plugins on fl studio are pretty good, sytrus has to be my favourite cus you can pull off some wicked horror soundtrack effects w/ some of the presets, 3osc cus it's versitile, fruity slicer for chops, hardcore which i rarely use nowadays but i used to use alot when i made harsh noise with without any clue about mixing or mastering lol

Virtual Cafe Awards
when i made harsh noise

Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.

Also agree about Sytrus. It's one of the few VSTs I've encountered capable of making really unique haunting pads. There's a weird tendency for people to look down on the stock FL plug-ins but I think many of them are really good.

Virtual Cafe Awards