Favourite space games.

DeathToMicroWaves

Are you being held hostage by a spider?
Reaction score
Awards
Mine would be Eve online if they made the combat system more like something out of star wars battle when you can fly the x-wings and tie fighters

Virtual Cafe Awards
So many hours logged on both elite and kerbal with them being my fav space games but I havent played them in a while. Looking forward to Kerbal 2 very soon.

Laythe aesthetic
p1EVUBH.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Azure_Riviera

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Super old one at this point, but I enjoyed the hell of out Tachyon: The Fringe. It had freakin' Bruce Campbell voice acting the MC and was all around a really well made space combat sim.
I loved playing as Bruce Cambell in space. Tachyon was a fun game, I did play it again recently and man its still good. The ability to turn off your engines and use inertia to still fly was pretty cool.

One of my favorites is Freelancer. Edison Trent had a certain charm and being the game was mouse and keyboard I had a lot more people willing to play it with me. This game lives rent free in my mind, yeah the story is a generic space opera epic with conspiracy and aliens but man do I think it is well delivered.

Mods were awesome too. I played the discovery mod until about 2013.

Virtual Cafe Awards

HansGonk

Squid Elf
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.twitch.tv
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (like the 2005 one) is so much fun. I really like how you can go into first and third person, I liked the class system, and the fact you can get on land and shoot people with lasers BUT also fly a space ship shooting down da people! Plus, the mod support for it is amazing. Such a fantastic game.

I also really dig Sinistar. It's an older game and not perfect, but it's got such a charm and manages to get an emotion out of ya in its simplicity. Sinistar himself just being this asshole robotic blackhole version of like Shao Kahn from Mortal Kombat insulting you while you gotta scatter and get the sinnabombs (yes there are even corny puns!) cause that's the only way you can defeat Sinistar! You can't just go PEW PEW on his ass, or he'll vore you, the pews are for the red ships that give you free hugs and the guys that will pew pew back atcha!- Why am I am making a paragraph about dis game? GO PLAY SINISTAR, or go watch some gameplay footage of it. Either way works.

I'm also playing some of the The Outer Worlds, not sure if it counts, but you go to different planets and stuff. I haven't gotten too far into it, but I'm enjoying it a lot so far!

Virtual Cafe Awards

nagolbud

Political correctness is thought control!
Reaction score
Awards
Space is fake but my favorite imaginative space game is "Star Sector"

Reaction score
Awards
Space station 13 has always been a good giggle, space engineers, Stellaris, the zetan DLC for fallout 3 is cool to if you can consider that a space game lol

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
Super Mario Galaxy. The environments and general atmosphere in this game is just spectacular, backed up by a breathtaking soundtrack and a surprisingly sad, bittersweet storyline. The Library and storybook I think just added so much to that game and brought to fruition what it was already nailing.

Attachments

• Rosalina mother of stars.jpg
    Rosalina mother of stars.jpg
    673.3 KB · Views: 63
Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
Starbound before it became shit with its full release, man old Starbound was fun

Virtual Cafe Awards

Fairykang

Cybernetic Esotericist
Reaction score
Awards
stellaris is good, but the idea of doing something in the game is more fun than the doing it itself

Virtual Cafe Awards

E R I L A Z

Young Wehrwolf
Reaction score
Awards
Unpopular opinion: No Man's Sky
no man's sky is fantastic! it's so fun once you get a farming operation set up on a frieghter and just out millions of credits worth of items in the nexus to other players

ftl is also super fun, i like how it's a mix between realtime and event based

if halo counts, halo is definitely up there. classic fps and a pretty decent storyline through the first couple games

xcom is......xcom. i played like 30 hours but it just gets boring after a while for me

Virtual Cafe Awards

Chen

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Right now it's Outer Wild. I reckon it's not the kind of games traditional space game fans would like since it's far from the more detailed sci-fi people might like and more of an adventure game but that's maybe the reason I like it so much.
Lots to explore, lots of neat puzzles and moments that surprise you a lot.

As for real space games maybe Freespace but I didn't play it all THAT much.

Virtual Cafe Awards