Favourite space games.

What are some of your guys' favourite games about space? Personally, I enjoy Elite Dangerous and used to play Kerbal Space Program, which was a fun game.

Virtual Cafe Awards

naa

I really liked Alien: Isolation, it's a neat horror game based on the Alien movie franchise. It does a good job of making you feel vulnerable, you can't really fight back against anything without really struggling for it, even against humans. It's really good at making situations tense because of that, and I like how much you have to sneak around in it. I also really like the slow pacing of the game.

I played a lot of Starbound when I was younger, really liked building stuff and exploring different planets.

I love this RPGMaker game called Miserere, where you explore the dreams of the sole inhabitant living on a space station. The visuals are beautiful and I like that there's so much to wander around, the game feels very large. I played it off and on for over a year and still was finding new things. Here's a link to it if you want, it's free
https://rpgmaker.net/games/3993/

Space Cadet 3D Pin Ball

Attachments

• 5A5821D0-2C69-4351-A768-BD034AEB30AD.jpeg
    5A5821D0-2C69-4351-A768-BD034AEB30AD.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 114
Virtual Cafe Awards

AdrianHamilton

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hi, I like the game Kerbal Space Program, they look cool and interesting))) :LumPog:

Virtual Cafe Awards

Attachments

• 9654EB33-5134-4302-8097-D1F472F30C79.jpeg
    9654EB33-5134-4302-8097-D1F472F30C79.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 125
Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
Over 200 hours in Kerbal, furthest I've gotten was a successful manned landing on Duna and return to Kerbin's SOI, but all three brave Kerbals were trapped in orbit, as I ran out of fuel before I could begin a retrograde burn and re-entry.

Since the vast majority of my missions end in some sort of massive explosion, I'd say that's pretty successful.

Virtual Cafe Awards

naa

Unpopular opinion: No Man's Sky
The way they updated that game after launch is impressive, it feels like nowadays it's really achieving what it initially set out to do. Probably one of the best comebacks I've seen a game have. They updated caves recently and I'm excited to be able to explore those more thoroughly.

PepSiDawgwitcanTotally fun game I need to play more of and do more in, thanks for mentioning it

Darohan

Live the Hiraeth Dream
Reaction score
Awards
The way they updated that game after launch is impressive, it feels like nowadays it's really achieving what it initially set out to do. Probably one of the best comebacks I've seen a game have. They updated caves recently and I'm excited to be able to explore those more thoroughly.

PepSiDawgwitcanTotally fun game I need to play more of and do more in, thanks for mentioning it
I, too, need to play more of it. There was a new update announced recently with some fucking awesome features in-store.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Pepsi (Enjoyment)
Reactions: naa

Duvet

Drowning In Nostalgia
Reaction score
Awards
I really like Stellaris! It has so many total conversion mods too; Halo, Stargate, Star Wars, Mass Effect, Star Trek. It's great!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
What are some of your guys' favourite games about space? Personally, I enjoy Elite Dangerous and used to play Kerbal Space Program, which was a fun game.
The Metroid games are an obvious go-to, but I also enjoyed stuff like Quadralien and Realspace 3

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
A few months ago I played through the Dead Space trilogy. 1 is an amazing survival horror and 2 is great, but sacrifices atmosphere for action. 3 is obviously the low point of the franchise, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

FAILSAF_12

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
some of my favourites are
Super Mario Galaxy! its the best, so fun and cheery and the soundtrack was just bonkers. I just beat it fully for the first time after getting the Mario anniversary collection on switch and was such a great time.
Star Wars Rogue Squadron on n64: I played it non stop as a kid so my nostalgia goggles are on extra tight but I think it's still a great game no matter what
I can't think of any other space games rn besides A M O N G U S but ive never even played it so can't put it on the list lol

Virtual Cafe Awards

Natalia Simp

My Queen!
Reaction score
Awards
Fury3 was the first game I ever played, some good childhood memories there. I remember Freespace 2 being very good, it's been forever since I played it last.

Sins of a Solar Empire and Stellaris are great new-ish games, especially for their mod scene.

Virtual Cafe Awards