Feminism : Yes or No?

Is the feminism movement good for the society?

• Total voters

Pink Fluffy Cat

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
What do people on this site think about feminism? Has it gone too far for you? Personally, I have no problem with feminism but I still want to hear about others' opinions on it. And please keep it civil, as any discussion on it on the internet - probably this site included - ended up being either scrote screaming "muh foid bad" or simps (and maybe actual women) screaming "muh incel n' sheeit".

remember_summer_days

It ain't Jesus or the devil. It's Jesus or you.
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
8cigckin175jtpsk3gs361r4ss.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Huh my views on feminism are based as with anything as for experience, my parents for latin american standards are quite progressive, and they thought me that the values make the person, is the individual to blame, not the collective, some peopole with untreated traumas and serious complex always tends to use the excuse of a movement to act in toxic ways, no matter which ideology are we talking about, it's a mere strawman for them.

Saying that, I'm not a woman, so it's not my movement, but i truly support it because i believe in equity, so yeah i support feminism, but i don't get involved in it, is not like i care that much tho, i mean, all the feminist i've met in real life and online have been quite cool people, as long as they don't force their views on other, they gain my respect.

Regarding terfs, nah, they can go to fucking hell.

Virtual Cafe Awards

RisingThumb

Imaginary manifestation of fun
Reaction score
Awards
Website
risingthumb.xyz
The original goal of feminism was equality between the two sexes. In some nations, this has gone very far over the last 60 years, and now men are fucked. In some other nations, this hasn't happened, and women are still fucked.

It's an egalitarian goal, but fundamental inequalities(of time, resources, space, education, genes etc) stand in the way of it. Additionally there are some situations where this inequality exists, and people don't want it fixed. I'm fine with that, after all, different systems work best for different people. Your proof of that is in all the men who defend degenerate women to the end, as well as all the nations where women defend degenerate men to the end- both possibly from some kind of stockholm syndrome, but oh well. Aiming for "real feminism" is like aiming for "real communism". Additionally the term is blighted by the word feminism which implies it's about women, when it's actually a movement about equality(but the word equality exists already for that). Not long now before masculinism is a thing... or is that this toxic masculinity I've seen on Tee Vee?

To bring another point up, it suffers from being difficult to measure how "equal" people are. You can quote your statistics about suicide rates and so on, but you won't remove the fundamental biological inequality and their consequences. Some people are more equal than others :^)

As nice as the idea of feminism(and lots of egalitarian ideals) is, you can't reach the end goal, and so real feminism hasn't been tried yet.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
What do people on this site think about feminism? Has it gone too far for you? Personally, I have no problem with feminism but I still want to hear about others' opinions on it. And please keep it civil, as any discussion on it on the internet - probably this site included - ended up being either scrote screaming "muh foid bad" or simps (and maybe actual women) screaming "muh incel n' sheeit".
Well by watching the poll i can say that most folks in agora agreed that is a good thing, but that shouldn't be taking to the point it ended up affecting other groups and people, is counterproductive.

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

It ain't Jesus or the devil. It's Jesus or you.
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Before we discuss feminism, we must come to a concensus about what a woman is. Let us provide a definition of women that's both trans inclusive and doesn't collapse into redundancy...

:tou5:

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
Egalitarianism. Either we're all completely 100% equal and should be judged exactly the same or every single person is a completely unique individual and we should have no standards. Anything else is a waste of time and a goalpost on wheels.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Egalitarianism. Either we're all completely 100% equal and should be judged exactly the same or every single person is a completely unique individual and we should have no standards. Anything else is a waste of time and a goalpost on wheels.
Yooo, new sick pfp fella.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org
The term "feminism" is too flexible. There are flavours of feminism which are more like female supremacy which focus on "vengeance" against all men - I've met a few women like this in meatspace and they were as bad as the incels who have views on "all women". There's also feminism which advocates for equal rights and support for female biology (tampons, abortions, menstrual leave etc) which affects at least half of the population and should be considered kindly and with favour by those in power.

Regarding terfs (Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminists) - they have a valid point - the point of feminism being "pro-woman" activism vs the flexible definition of "what is a woman" really muddies the waters. In online spaces where "the management" have tried to promote diversity of the sexes using quotas, they're quickly hamstringed by "female-identifying" users who just bring more of the same mentality to discussion, having shared the same male upbringing as the other users. Typically speaking, trans women seek to immitate the concept of women that the media has given them, as opposed to biological women who can be nothing but what they are. This is probably a subject for a separate discussion.

On topic, I agree with what Jess said - either all people are equal or they're judged on an individual basis - but arbitrary traits should not be a metric for categorisation. This applies to both sides of the arguement - whether you should be able to vote should not depend on your genitalia or hormone balance.

Also consider that what works in, say, the East coast of America, won't necessarily float in Iran. The politic of feminism is a by-the-land thing more than a general, all-encompassing law.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ECHETLAEUS

GLOBALISTS HAVE THE POWER, BUT GOD THE FINAL WORD
Reaction score
Awards
Yes to equal human rights, no to sovinism. Todays feminism is trying to underrate men.

Virtual Cafe Awards

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Feminism as in men and women should be given the same opportunities in society? Yes please

Feminism as in women shouldn't be punished professionally for getting pregnant? Yes please

Feminism as in society should be a meritocracy and a woman should get a job over a man if she is more qualified? Yes please

Feminism where people try to argue there is literally no difference between an average man and an average woman? No thanks

Feminism where it is argued all male traits are toxic and women are better in every way? No thanks

Feminism that tries to argue having more male fire fighters than female ones is because society is sexist and there cannot be any other possible reason? No thanks

Feminism that is just glorified word policing? No thanks

Virtual Cafe Awards