Finding online friends

CahCaw

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
cahcaw.nl
Something I've always had a special spot for, are that of online friends. Used to make a ton of them whilst playing video games in the past, and when >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk wasn't the absolute hellhole it is right now that was a good place too (on dedicated subreddits for people just wanting to talk to people). In fact, I made so many online friends, that I even happened to get close to one that lived closeby, and we're now more irl friends than online friends.

But, I've been noticing my online contacts are waning. Does anyone have a good place for making them? Preferably a place where people have interesting things to say (instead of >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk these days where the only people left are loners who can't even keep up a conversation for 5 seconds lol). Sadly I lost interest in gaming, so that isn't really an option.

Have a nice day, and remember to keep CAW'ING at your neighbours.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I do not spent much time online, so i don't tend to message a lot, but if you ever need to talk, just hit the DM (Direct Message) as a say, every face is a new friend to meet, and in this case text, you seem like a cool fellow (ook jij bent nederlands, instant friend)

If you are looking for a website, use Space Hey, i use it quite often and by experience i have to say, is quite a fun website, is like myspace, but for alt-zoomers and nostalgic boomers, and if you know CSS (or how to steal codes and modify it until it becomes a nightmare, like i do) then you can create your own personalized profile haha
https://spacehey.com/home

(there is also MeWe but there is soooo many boomers that makes facebook look like tik tok)

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

CahCaw

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
cahcaw.nl
I do not spent much time online, so i don't tend to message a lot, but if you ever need to talk, just hit the DM (Direct Message) as a say, every face is a new friend to meet, and in this case text, you seem like a cool fellow (ook jij bent nederlands, instant friend)

If you are looking for a website, use Space Hey, i use it quite often and by experience i have to say, is quite a fun website, is like myspace, but for alt-zoomers and nostalgic boomers, and if you know CSS (or how to steal codes and modify it until it becomes a nightmare, like i do) then you can create your own personalized profile haha
https://spacehey.com/home

(there is also MeWe but there is soooo many boomers that makes facebook look like tik tok)
Ohh thanks for the site. Also if there is anyone else in this post who wants to DM with me, let's gooo

Virtual Cafe Awards

myrriad

gas stove cook
Reaction score
Awards
Website
freckleskies.net
i think going out actively seeking friendship doesn't particularly work. "i want to be your friend because i want a friend" isn't a particularly strong basis of friendship. just the same goes for the "i want a gf/when will i get a gf" crowd. going out and actively hunting for one will never actually get you one
in my experience the best way to form friendship is to just carry on taking part in your hobbies, go to local meetups if there are any join online groups focused on those hobbies (preferably a bit more niche or focused, don't think you'll find much in a 20k+ members "anime and gaming fans" group) and you'll start interacting with the regulars and eventually become a regular yourself. my closest online friends came from this danganronpa hell facebook group. we joked around in there about making an after dark dating discord server, we started shitposting in it and then over time a bunch of people left and we were left with a small group of 5-6 people. we're still friends to this day ~6 years later
that being said, @Jakeline's advice is also great, just dm people, what have you got to lose? feel free to dm me as well if you'd like

tl;dr yeah it sounds cliché but just be yourself and focus on the things you're passionate about. passion has a way to attract other passion

Virtual Cafe Awards

CahCaw

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
cahcaw.nl
i think going out actively seeking friendship doesn't particularly work. "i want to be your friend because i want a friend" isn't a particularly strong basis of friendship. just the same goes for the "i want a gf/when will i get a gf" crowd. going out and actively hunting for one will never actually get you one
in my experience the best way to form friendship is to just carry on taking part in your hobbies, go to local meetups if there are any join online groups focused on those hobbies (preferably a bit more niche or focused, don't think you'll find much in a 20k+ members "anime and gaming fans" group) and you'll start interacting with the regulars and eventually become a regular yourself. my closest online friends came from this danganronpa hell facebook group. we joked around in there about making an after dark dating discord server, we started shitposting in it and then over time a bunch of people left and we were left with a small group of 5-6 people. we're still friends to this day ~6 years later
that being said, @Jakeline's advice is also great, just dm people, what have you got to lose? feel free to dm me as well if you'd like

tl;dr yeah it sounds cliché but just be yourself and focus on the things you're passionate about. passion has a way to attract other passion
I think you missed my point. But I'm blaming the way I'm wording it. I'm not seeking friends for the sake of having friends; I'm instead just trying to seek out interesting conversations above all. I remember for example once having this endless conversation with this girl once that lasted for 9.5 hours via discord. Just sharing story after story after story. It's shit like that I kinda miss ngl.

You're right about searching for niche hobby's. The thing is that I currently don't have any hobby's which can translate into an online group.

Virtual Cafe Awards