First Song: A Thread

archaicAbystoma

Traveler of the Olmecan Lands: archaicAbystoma
Reaction score
Awards
There are some first-time producers on this forum, so I thought maybe it would be a good idea to start a thread talking about the first track y'all made/released!

My First Track:
Generation Fiasco: Sometime in 2000 Is the first track I've produced in the style, following pretty much nothing but whatever preconceptions I had of the genre at the time. I still have a lot to learn but i believe it is worthy of being shared and, most importantly, critisized. I want to know what I could improve.

It's based off of the kingle of a mexican supermarket chain called Comercial Mexicana (better known as La Comer) which was bought by Wallmart not too long ago... but that's a story for sometime else. Thing is i wanted to take the jingle and turn it into the aforementioned Generation Fiasco, and this was the result!

The artwork was made by myself utilizing an online WIn98 simulator the likes of which i can't for the life of me find again. I took a screenshot of the thing:

bg.png

I just inputted that into photoshop and did some arrangements here and there.

Generation_Fiasco_bg.jpg

The missing texture floor was directly pulled from GMod. The vending machine front and center was made by me in blender, custom textures and all >(^u^)<. The japanese text is supposed to say "fiasco" (and whether it does or not is beyond me, thanks Google Translate). The statues in front are from Molotov's album Con Todo Respeto, and the horns are supposed to be a reference to a certain little webcomic some of you might know.

And, in the end, I made it into the Thumbnail!

Generation_Fiasco_thumb_big.jpg

And that's pretty much it!

So... What about y'all? What was your first track?

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
Here's the first track I ever "released". It's not Vaporwave, I don't think. I don't really like to aim for genres, I just make sound that I want to hear or has some meaning to me. I'll let other's decide what to call it.

View: https://yukidata.bandcamp.com/track/crts-and-late-night-anime
"

I made a techno album back in '08 when I first got into producing and technically had written a song before that, but never recorded it. No idea if I can dredge those up (or if I even want to), so I'll call this good enough for now.

I think the name and visual is pretty self-explanatory, but I wanted to try to create the feeling of the memories I have of staying up late when I was in middle school, sitting in a dark room with my crt, to catch anime on Adult Swim.

Virtual Cafe Awards