Forum updates and announcements

• Thread starter admin
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 4727 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
I can't believe I don't have a recurring update thread. Anyway this thread will be used on what new features are going on with the forum and announcements.

Currently I'm trying to work on a better thread view that would allow you to view snippets and thumbnails from a thread before clicking on it. Currently you will find thread snippets on desktops throughout all boards and I'm currently expermintenting on https://forum.agoraroad.com/index.php?forums/cassettes-vinyl-releases.21/ to see what the new view will look like. Its still in beta so it will look messed up but it's still usable. Have a good day everyone

Virtual Cafe Awards

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
Homepage recent posts has small snippet of the latest reply posts

Virtual Cafe Awards

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
Changed the category images for most themes and replaced some backgrounds for Macintosh Mint, peach, ocean, and sandy beach.

Virtual Cafe Awards

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
Testing out new forum styling, take a look at video game section and the cassette section. I'm trying to see how I can improve the UI.

Virtual Cafe Awards

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
I put in a new background and now added "stamps" in the emoji menu. Here are a few of them.
:teletubbyman::emobeating:atari::absoultebastard::ripwindowsxp::queenmiku::linaleel::crylaughingstamp::sleeplate::bzzfdsckdick::yee:

Virtual Cafe Awards

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
Put in some new reactions and took out "nice" and "good vibes" because you can use pepsi enjoyment, coffee like, or love instead

Virtual Cafe Awards

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
Okay I put back the "good vibes, and "nice" reactions. Put in new geocities emotes on the smilies section, and put Playstation Home theme on the main page. May change it. Additionally, there is a new BBCODE the icon is a camera and it lets you post images you have previously uploaded and the images of others. Below are some examples of the smilies

:reddressbabe: :bison::toilet::comehere::bluehello:

Virtual Cafe Awards

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
Put in some more geocities designs on on the forum to be festive for the halloween holiday. such as blood, bats and skeletons. And the album will be release still need to make the album art.

Virtual Cafe Awards

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
Hey everyone! So I added some new awards that you can earn while participating in the forum and I also added a "Agoracitite Collection" for donators and patreon members.

For Agoracities Collection, its basically a mix of Geo/Neocitites gifs, stamps, and also a lot of modern stuff. It is still a growing collection and im tweaking some of the code but it will let you display those images from your profile, see the screenshots below.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 10.58.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 10.58.27 PM.png
    281.6 KB · Views: 138
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 10.58.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 10.58.45 PM.png
    583.4 KB · Views: 139
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 11.00.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 11.00.17 PM.png
    85 KB · Views: 134
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 11.00.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 11.00.03 PM.png
    103.1 KB · Views: 135
Virtual Cafe Awards

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
Hey everyone! SO I have some updates, I added the Silver and bronze banners for patron members. And Agoracities is no longer donation only but you have to be Level 3 and above and have 100 posts. This is to give to OG agora travelers and those that frequent the road something to standout from the rest. SO check your profiles if you reached level 3 and remember you level up when you collect more awards!

Virtual Cafe Awards

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
If you have any funny quotes or anything that stands out send me a private message, Im putting an agora road quote randomizer in the home page :)

Just to confirm, these are quotes that are on the forum only

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
Another update! I have implemented "Agora Gangtags" i stole the idea from the Something Awful. Its basically similar to agoracities except they are little tags and gifs that you can have on your profile. You will gain new tags every time you level up and it starts from level 6. You can see ans example of it on my profile. Its that dunkin doughnuts gangtag that I stole from that forum. I am still gonna implement new goodies that you can obtain by increasing your level and award score. Well that is all have a nice day! Oh and the live stream will happen in mid December.

Virtual Cafe Awards

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
Forgot to mention that I have figured out how to enable imagick so you can upload .gifs as your avatars. Enjoy.

Virtual Cafe Awards

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
Added more stamps, agoracities stuff, more agora gang tags, and fixed som css issues.
:warnstamp::pliccallstamp::rootbearstamp::eurobeatstamp:

Virtual Cafe Awards

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
Added new awards, out a second theme changer button at the top of the home page, put a list of forum categories in the sidebar and other "agora Ads" on the sid bar that links to threads. More agora gang tag awards added and I think that's it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
The sever is being worked on and i am working with my host to troubleshoot the issue.

Virtual Cafe Awards

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
Just upgraded to PHP 8.0, let me know if there are any problems with the forum

Virtual Cafe Awards

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
Major Style Forum update is in the works!

Also Agora-Pals is now live and the agora road cassette tapes are real and is in the works as well!

Virtual Cafe Awards

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
New forum updates
  • The Agora Road Cassettes will soon be available for preorder of physical copies. We have all the songs ready we are just pending on some artwork of the cassettes
  • The E-zine Issue #2 have received a lot of great submissions so far. Expect for it to come out some time this summer! and If you want to submit click here
  • If you want to participate ins the Agora Pals group You can sign up here and take a look at this thread
  • I have implemented new styling updates when you level up by participating in the forum.
    • Level 2: Profile Customization
    • Level 3: Profile Customization With CSS
    • Level 4: Avatar Frames
    • Level 5: Postbit Customization (it is your profile look on the left)
  • Username styling are for donators only (to give the supporters of Agora Road to have something exclusive to them)
It may take some time to see the effects on your levels.
Also you can globally turn off the effects of styling on your account preference page.
Screen Shot 2022-05-29 at 7.17.16 PM.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
Added new emotes, gangtags and I fixed the dead space by adding a scrolling bar. There is still some but not as bad as before, Also the Ezine will be coming out, if anyone wants to help to make the pages send a PM but i'll get started and work on it. Lastly make sure to grab and Agora Cassette, its cool to own a physical.

Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 4.30.47 PM.png

Virtual Cafe Awards
Status
Not open for further replies.