Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
battle royales is something i really dont like ngl. warzone is probably the best battle royale out there but i just dont feel like playing it. the only multiplayer i really like to play is Battlefield. hope they fix up 2042. btw do u like tactical shooters? or are u more into singleplayer experiences?
I'm a bit of both mate, if my friends are playing it then I'll give it a go too. But yeah I've never been too fond of battle royales neither, so many of them now and none are that special.

Virtual Cafe Awards

NoSlacking

Live from the 7th Dimension via satellite
Reaction score
Awards
Hey, im up for some Halo Infinite if anyone else is?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
0_YCExgKmbY4OMoIgq.jpeg

I'm going to get shit for this but I've recently started playing an NFT play to earn game called Blankos Block Party and I actually really enjoy it. Its well-made and in it's current stage reminds me of early Roblox; the fact you can earn items in-game that you can sell for money makes it even better. No game modes are behind barriers and NFTs can even be earned by completing challenges without having to spend a single penny (though there is a premium battle pass that goes alongside the free one), everything else is optional. It has people behind Skylanders working on it and has had collabs with people like Deadmau and Michael Lau already, I really see this game blowing up into something big.

It's not strictly an FPS game but has an FPS mode so I'm counting it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
The OG CoD: Black Ops.

Boi, was that my fucking jam or what. I've never went so hard on a game before. Endless hours spent perfecting everything I could in that game. 36-0 TDM wins where everyone on my team had a negative kd. Grand Theft CoD points in the Stick and Stones High Roller lobby where I only used tomahawks and made sure everyone stayed at 0. Grinding Ascension all night for hours just to do the Easter Egg and get to round 56. Yeah, those were the days. Peak gaming. I miss being a kid. I could reminisce about og Black ops like a 35 year old washed-out frat failure talks about banging cheerleaders and playing football in highschool.

I love me some good FPS. Blasting baddies with some high calibur guns always gets me going, but a lot of FPS these days want to stray away from that and be "more beginner friendly" or "reach out to wider market". IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BLAST YOUR BUDDY IN THE BALLS FROM 50M WITH A .50 CALIBUR, WHY ARE YOU PLAYING FPS?

Virtual Cafe Awards
haha, I remember when Sony wanted their own "Halo killer" so fucking bad. There was also Haze and Killzone released roughly around the same time, both of which ultimately amounted to nothing as a franchise. Damn I feel old
Ah so true.

Remember when the killzone 2 CGI trailer dropped though and everyone thought that kind of graphics / immersion was impossible to recreate? Then the game came out and the graphics really were on another level!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
I'm currently playing Dusk which is a boomer shooter throwback game. If you haven't played it before and have good memories of Quake 1 / Duke Nukem then you've definitely got to play this one!
Allow me once again to shill DUSK.
It's a fantastic love letter to mid-90s 3D shooters and 90s shooters in general, especially Quake, Doom, and Blood, among others.
It's an absolute blast to play and very beginner-friendly. If you're looking to get into older shooters, play DUSK before moving on to the classics (or don't, jumping straight into Doom via gzdoom is also valid).

Virtual Cafe Awards

Richthofen

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
View attachment 11873
I'm going to get shit for this but I've recently started playing an NFT play to earn game called Blankos Block Party and I actually really enjoy it. Its well-made and in it's current stage reminds me of early Roblox; the fact you can earn items in-game that you can sell for money makes it even better. No game modes are behind barriers and NFTs can even be earned by completing challenges without having to spend a single penny (though there is a premium battle pass that goes alongside the free one), everything else is optional. It has people behind Skylanders working on it and has had collabs with people like Deadmau and Michael Lau already, I really see this game blowing up into something big.

It's not strictly an FPS game but has an FPS mode so I'm counting it.
looks interesting

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
Really miss TF2. Was eating breakfast and realized the Gun Mettle update was over six years ago now, and I feel old. TF2 still had many years in it and now it's been left to rot as defacto abandonware, I want to go back.

Virtual Cafe Awards

14-27

Really? This is what you are going with?
Reaction score
Awards
I love Ion Fury, Dusk, and Amid Evil.

Played all three to completion 3 times a piece. I started on normal difficulty, and now I am exploring going for a Nightmare difficulty run on each. Not sure though, because Duskmare difficulty level kicked my arse pretty hard last night. I might just try for 100% deathless runs on hardcore difficulty instead. Maximum fury, and Duskmare difficulty are quite a step up in terms of enemy counts etc. Dusk was also the first game I ever bothered to 100% on steam. Totally worth it.

Seriously in love with old school shooters these days. I am getting pretty psyched to find good source ports for Blood, Shadow Warrior, and Duke Nukem.
Last year I played through Quake, Quake 2, Doom, and Doom 2. All using highly recomended source ports, and I nearly creamed my pants at how much fun they were. Especially, Doom 2 and Quake.

I never play multiplayer shooters, because I suck at them, and get my arse handed to me almost everytime. I tend to over adrenalise during multiplayer matches, and my aim just goes to absolute shit. Which is a shame, because, Escape from Tarkov looks so cool. probably, couldn't play it though, because fuck all games support anti-cheat systems when using wine/proton to play. I am now a dedicated Linux user for life, and will never load anything Windows EVER again. But, that means, most competetive multiplayer is a no go. Still, ARK Survival Evolved just got Proton anti-cheat support support, so things are looking up.

Virtual Cafe Awards

MorphedSnowman

Sperglord
Reaction score
Awards
Kinda retro, but I was a huge Alien and Predator fan as a kid and avp2 was my jam. So much so I still remember the cheatcode "mpsixthsense" which allowed you to noclip. I was scared shitless as a marine though cause you have levels where aliens are rushing at you in tight corridors in the dark and that was too much for me.

Serious Sam games are good fun too. At least the first two. One very fun weapon is just the cannon gun. It shoots out a black cannon ball that slices through enemies and has some weirdly satisfying animation to it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sultana

⌰⍜⍙ ⏁⟟⟒⍀ ⏃⌰⟟⟒⋏
Reaction score
Awards
I've been meaning to play it, we should get the Agora Road Halo squad together. Deck our Spartans down in teal, black and pink and fuck shit up.
i was thinking more of a purple theme, but yea, an agora halo squad sounds fun.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Really miss TF2. Was eating breakfast and realized the Gun Mettle update was over six years ago now, and I feel old. TF2 still had many years in it and now it's been left to rot as defacto abandonware, I want to go back.
everytime i say this people flaunt the player stats at me... wow that many people being fucking faggots and not playing the game? clearly the game isn't dead, it may take over 10 minutes to find a match if you are looking for anything that isn't upward but it isn't dead because big numbers. oh and the community is scumfuck boring, called someone a retard and another dude starts yelling about leftist politics at me - FRIENDLY HOLOCAUST NOW. DELETE THE SNIPER CLASS FROM THE GAME. DEATH SQUADS UNLEASHED ON BOTTERS.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
everytime i say this people flaunt the player stats at me... wow that many people being fucking faggots and not playing the game? clearly the game isn't dead, it may take over 10 minutes to find a match if you are looking for anything that isn't upward but it isn't dead because big numbers. oh and the community is scumfuck boring, called someone a retard and another dude starts yelling about leftist politics at me - FRIENDLY HOLOCAUST NOW. DELETE THE SNIPER CLASS FROM THE GAME. DEATH SQUADS UNLEASHED ON BOTTERS.
also i could never get into comp as a heavy main, also silly that comp was built around 6v6s not 9v9s

Virtual Cafe Awards

RisingThumb

Imaginary manifestation of fun
Reaction score
Awards
Website
risingthumb.xyz
The OG CoD: Black Ops.
Too bad it's never sold below 50% off on Steam. It's a game I've wanted to pick up on PC since I had a great time on the Xbox 360, but just to play Zombies? Not worth the £15+extra for DLC.
I love Ion Fury, Dusk, and Amid Evil.

Seriously in love with old school shooters these days. I am getting pretty psyched to find good source ports for Blood, Shadow Warrior, and Duke Nukem.
Last year I played through Quake, Quake 2, Doom, and Doom 2. All using highly recomended source ports, and I nearly creamed my pants at how much fun they were. Especially, Doom 2 and Quake.
Ion Fury looks like it'll be getting some DLC, which looks like it'll be good. As for good source ports for the various Build Engine games? You could try BuildGDX, but I personally used NBlood. Also nice to see another Linux user. A man of my own heart. btw I use arch :^)

Here's 2 videos for people who want to get into Quake and Doom as a modded experience:

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
Too bad it's never sold below 50% off on Steam. It's a game I've wanted to pick up on PC since I had a great time on the Xbox 360, but just to play Zombies? Not worth the £15+extra for DLC.
It is unfortunate, but let me tell you: I did buy BO on Steam, it happened to actually be 63% off the total price of game + DLC (a very rare occurence indeed), and after playing the port for some time with my buddy who loves Nazi Zombies, we discovered a sad truth... The PC port sucks. Don't buy it. If you're going to buy a BlackOps, buy BlackOps3 on PC. Not only is it properly optimized, but it has in-game mod support.

OG BO on PC is riddled with poorly transitioned code, poor optimization, massive bugs that will never be fixed, and poor resolution scaling. My suggestion is to simply get a 360 or an XbOne and play local splitscreen or LAN with some homies. Nothing beats it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

RisingThumb

Imaginary manifestation of fun
Reaction score
Awards
Website
risingthumb.xyz
It is unfortunate, but let me tell you: I did buy BO on Steam, it happened to actually be 63% off the total price of game + DLC (a very rare occurence indeed), and after playing the port for some time with my buddy who loves Nazi Zombies, we discovered a sad truth... The PC port sucks. Don't buy it. If you're going to buy a BlackOps, buy BlackOps3 on PC. Not only is it properly optimized, but it has in-game mod support.
Cheers for the shout mate, Didn't even know that there was modding for Black Ops 3. Now that's going in my wishlist for whenever it's on Sale.

Virtual Cafe Awards

№56

Self-Hating Bureaucrat
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
no56.neocities.org
Just finished Prey (2006). It was really mediocre, but in a fun way where the game keeps introducing new gimmicks to distract you from the fact that the actual shooting and level design are awful. The best part was the inclusion of real-life paranormal radio show host Art Bell as an exposition device. I wouldn't recommend the game to anyone if it weren't for the fact that it's now abandonware and 100% free. It also doesn't require much effort to get working on a modern PC, which isn't normal for a 10+ year old Windows game. Go ahead and check it out if you have a couple hours of your life to waste and want to revist the era where every FPS had to look like box art for a graphics card.
418892312.png

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

InsufferableCynic

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Just finished Prey (2006). It was really mediocre, but in a fun way where the game keeps introducing new gimmicks to distract you from the fact that the actual shooting and level design are awful. The best part was the inclusion of real-life paranormal radio show host Art Bell as an exposition device. I wouldn't recommend the game to anyone if it weren't for the fact that it's now abandonware and 100% free. It also doesn't require much effort to get working on a modern PC, which isn't normal for a 10+ year old Windows game. Go ahead and check it out if you have a couple hours of your life to waste and want to revist the era where every FPS had to look like box art for a graphics card.
View attachment 34773
I'm genuinely surprised how often I see people recommending "Prey 2006" as "the good one" despite it being absolutely medicre and Prey 2017 being pretty good.

Glad to see someone else can see it for what it is.