Game Reviewing Thread

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
A Dark Room
A text based game that starts off seeming like it's only a resource management game but slowly grows into something deeper. The story telling is very subtle, yet has more impact on you because of the immersion that's required to play the game. In my opinion, the fact that the game is text based, with a very minimalistic UI enhances the immersion of the game, rather than detracts from it. There's something about having to imagine the world that makes you feel more a part of it. I'd assume that this is not a game for everyone, but I still think it's a cool game.

Virtual Cafe Awards

shinobu

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Awards
I wrote a review of this game and kept it as a draft but looks like the forum's problems yesterday erased it. I'm not going to write it again.

If you like puzzle games, do yourself a favor and try it out. It's very good

titlescreen.jpg
stephens-sausage-roll-02.png

Virtual Cafe Awards
The Hotline Miami Series - a review
Greetings fellow denizens of this fine web sanctuary. Allow me to offer my insights on the highly acclaimed Hotline Miami video games.

From the get-go, the graphics are a true marvel. The blend of retro futurism and bright neon lights creates an immersive atmosphere that transports players to a dark, seedy world. The accompanying synth-driven soundtrack only adds to the adrenaline-fueled vibe.
As for the gameplay, it's a high-stakes thrill ride that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Players take on the role of a mysterious individual tasked with carrying out various missions, using weapons ranging from bats to katanas. The fast-paced action is nothing short of intense and satisfying.
The storyline is equally captivating, exploring deeper philosophical themes. The player receives cryptic instructions, but as the game progresses, the line between reality and delusion becomes blurred. Players will question their own perceptions and wonder about the motives behind their missions. The finale is a mind-bending conclusion that will leave a lasting impression.
In conclusion, the Hotline Miami video games are a must-play for anyone looking for a unique blend of style, substance, and thought-provoking twists. So, grab a neon drink, sit back, and prepare to be transported to a world that pays homage to the aesthetics of the 80s and 90s, with hints of vaporwave and cyberpunk.

ALSO IT IS AWESOME AND I LIKE VIOLENCE
hotline miami time GIF by 505 Games