Games that are fun to lose at?

Deleted member 2652

OG Crash Bandicoot. Its fun to speedrun with friends and dying Three Stooges-style every five seconds

CapnGreenGenes

Jack Ass of All Trades
Reaction score
Awards
playstation all stars

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: RIG

Archangel

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Pretty much any non-competitive coop game you play with your buddies could fit the bill.
Things like left 4 dead, cod zombies, borderlands, or payday 2 like you said

Virtual Cafe Awards

Cugel

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Traditional roguelikes are the gold standard for this. Can't beat Nethack for idiotic self-inflicted deaths that make you say, "Wow, they really thought of that"

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
Fighting Games : Every loss is a learning opportunity and a chance to get better
Divinity Original Sin 2 on Hardcore Tactician : Goddamn does this game love to fuck you and I want it harder daddy please
Duck Game : 'Nough said
Any rogue-like, lite, etc : I especially love Risk of Rain 2, because it feels so tense the whole time
W40K Space Hulk : BROTHA I EHM PINNED OVA HERE

Virtual Cafe Awards

temporaltaboo

I think really atmospheric games like STALKER are fun to lose at, at least when it comes to engagements with NPCs. The AI can be pretty good, so getting pranked by Ivan is usually pretty exciting.

RisingThumb

Imaginary manifestation of fun
Reaction score
Awards
Website
risingthumb.xyz
Space Beast Terror Fright. It's basically Aliens and Space Hulk mixed up, where you're the marines aaaaand you're basically screwed from the start on higher difficulties. It's a lot of fun with friends and games don't last too long.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I think really atmospheric games like STALKER are fun to lose at, at least when it comes to engagements with NPCs. The AI can be pretty good, so getting pranked by Ivan is usually pretty exciting.
Yeah, firefights in stalker are one of my favorites in gaming, people who never played the games always says it's "janky" (maybe in other aspects it's a little janky) but it kinda make sense, like the old fallouts, it's in stalker the rythm of the game is slow, you are not a super soldier, you are just a regular person, every fight is something you always had to be cautious and had an strategy (specially clear sky)

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
Dragon's Lair is the obvious answer, that game is literally made so it's more fun to lose than to win most of the time

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I don't mind losing in TF2. I think it's because most of the fun comes from the goofy and jank interactions during the match rather than winning or topscoring.
It's fun and games until a spy tryhard keeps bothering you around, my main classes are heavy and sniper, so it's kinda annoying tbh

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jared

יָרֶד
Reaction score
Awards
Website
xertech.neocities.org
Project Zomboid , Its always fun to build up a save. You'll spend hours grinding out your skills and finding the most efficient ways to get things done only to get killed by a zombie who bit you in a spot that was slightly less protected than you initially thought. Guess its the lego complex of: "build it, destroy it, repeat". Its not for everyone but it has its charm and appeal.

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Any game that has euphoria ragdoll physics.
Saints Row 2 had the ragdoll effect, infant its had an insurance fraud mini game and low gravity cheat. Many keks were had

Virtual Cafe Awards