Games that are fun to lose at?

_TF

Delusion-maxxing
Reaction score
Awards
DARK SOULS 2, i loved the sweat this game gave me.
if you're not PITCH PERFECT, you get FUCKED, and i love that, perfecting yourself over and over, that feeling was fucking amazing, until you become so good, you know the mechanics so well that you become an unstoppable force that destroys everything in its path, giving yourself handicaps to give other players a chance to win against you.... AND STILL WIN :schitztroll: :schitztroll: :schitztroll:

Virtual Cafe Awards

gathermore

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
sea of thieves, its hilarious to be in proximity chat while your ship is sinking and they other players are trashing you in pirate speak

Virtual Cafe Awards

nagolbud

Political correctness is thought control!
Reaction score
Awards
Chess can be if you enjoy learning.

ewy1

Writer of binary prose
Reaction score
Awards
Saints Row 2 had the ragdoll effect, infant its had an insurance fraud mini game and low gravity cheat. Many keks were had
You know this was a good mechanic because they kept it as a minigame in the sequels.
Chess can be if you enjoy learning.
This also, but it depends on your perspective on learning; if you lack introspection, you'll just feel like you got brain-owned.

Virtual Cafe Awards

nagolbud

Reaction score
Awards
You know this was a good mechanic because they kept it as a minigame in the sequels.

This also, but it depends on your perspective on learning; if you lack introspection, you'll just feel like you got brain-owned.

I like when my brain gets owned.

nagolbud

Reaction score
Awards
Halo. If you can't laugh at yourself getting teabagged you're not a real gamer.

Bro I grew up on the first gen halo multiplayer. I was banana color in team death match and skirmish. Im the driver in the warthog and a hella of good one. Lan party me in mexico or your gay.

RisingThumb

Imaginary manifestation of fun
Reaction score
Awards
Website
risingthumb.xyz
I think a lot of classic arcade coin chompers would classify as a game which has to be fun to lose at, since that's usually what'll happen if you're not good enough. My personal favourite is Bubble Bobble

Virtual Cafe Awards

AMC_Squared

Amazing Aspie
Reaction score
Awards
Any games that activate a mission failed cutscene or has a different outcome where you get to see the consequences. I always liked to do it in GTA IV to obtain cars you could only get in missions and also have a phone call where Niko intentionally and sarcastically tells them that he fucked up the mission

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

NW_Cryptid

Transcendent Coalescence
Reaction score
Awards
Risk of Rain 2 is a great one for this list personally. I feel like no matter the difficulty you play on there comes a point where you're just so overpowered the game loses it's edge, so losing sort of slaps you in the face with some humility and reminds you to stay on your toes and be humble understanding that things are scaling alongside you quickly and if you get comfortable in your power you will be blindsided by your ignorance.

Kenshi is another game I'd argue is somewhat fun to "lose" at, though it's such an open ended game that I'm not sure if losing is the right word for it. The way I play my goals are always fairly simple and achievable but leave me wondering how this character or characters story will come to an end. Like every living thing, that usually involves death so losing a character feels more like letting them retire after a long and fulfilling life or a short but accomplished one at least.

Virtual Cafe Awards