General Fitness Thread - Discuss all things fitness here!

• Thread starter Rebel
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 15709 times.

PizzaW0lf

In search of something greater.
Reaction score
Awards
Post them, NOW :meowntGun:
1687516590707.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

Orlando Smooth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
So I recently got a Peloton for free from a family member who is no long able to use it due to health reasons. I gotta say, it lives up to the hype. I used to go to a spin class at my gym 2+ times per week before moving, but where I am now I'd have to have one gym membership for lifting and another for any type of classes - both of which are way more expensive than what I was paying before. Sucks to pay $44 per month, but the classes are legit and I'm very pleased so far.

If you have any Bike+ tips or general recommendations, please let me know.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vitnira

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Anyone got a way to make me not hate cardio? I I want to do is left and I have to force myself to run everyday.
I've been doing 10-20min of jump rope and kettlebell swings. Jump rope is good for your calves as a bonus. I hate running too. If you go to a gym there's those whippy rope things.

There's also swimming, rock climbing, kickboxing but you need a place to do that.

Virtual Cafe Awards

imacop

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Anyone got a way to make me not hate cardio? All I want to do is lift and I have to force myself to run everyday.
Find something fun, like a sport you enjoy. I went to an intramural game of soccer and it kicked my ass. Jujitsu I can also recommend

Hell even Zumba is a workout

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Anyone got a way to make me not hate cardio? All I want to do is lift and I have to force myself to run everyday.
You can chase women and children on the wee hours of the night.

Virtual Cafe Awards

MikeJacksons

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Thanks for starting this general fitness thread! It's always great to share tips and motivate each other. One thing I've found super helpful is checking out fitness websites like https://fitnessown.com/. They've got tons of resources, workout plans, and articles that make staying fit feel less overwhelming. Plus, it's awesome to explore different perspectives on staying healthy.

Last edited:

agoratoad

hello
Reaction score
Awards
Website
basementcommunity.com
oh we're reviving this thread. i'll post my updated 2024 weekday split:

Currently doing the stronger by science hypertrophy 21 week program:

Attachments

• r1uwjzj2cfgc1.jpeg
    r1uwjzj2cfgc1.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 12

幽邃森林

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

You know how people go on those "night walks", where they go outside during late hours when it's all still and quiet and it's almost meditative? That's what I do, except I run.

Also running sucks when you start out. I found that if I need to get back into running, I need to "break into" it more or less for the first week. During this week, I just do a run/walk. I don't even push myself during this time and walk whenever I feel tired. Eventually I get to the point where I don't need to walk

Amadis

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I've been running 5/3/1 Boring but Big this year and its been pretty good. I feel like i was an absolute retard for never tracking things before.
I recommend Wendler's books. They read like they were barely edited sometimes, and like an awkward conversation with your father in the car at others but theres some decent knowledge in there.

agoratoad

hello
Reaction score
Awards
Website
basementcommunity.com
I've been running 5/3/1 Boring but Big this year and its been pretty good. I feel like i was an absolute retard for never tracking things before.
I recommend Wendler's books. They read like they were barely edited sometimes, and like an awkward conversation with your father in the car at others but theres some decent knowledge in there.
i tried that for a year and absolutely hated it, but probably because my numbers weren't where they should have been to warrant doing that program. My squat was at like 285lbs and deadlift at 315lbs.

i just never felt like any of the lifts were pushing me to my limit