General Fitness Thread - Discuss all things fitness here!

• Thread starter Rebel
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 15349 times.

Rebel

This Is War, Huh, Wow!
Reaction score
Awards
What kinda of diet programs do yall follow
Honestly never really 'dieted' in the traditional sense of the word.
Just meal prep boring but big meals (chicken and rice, etc.) and eat some cheat days with junk food. I have a pretty fast metabolism so I'm blessed with being able to get away with not having to track calories or anything, but I have to eat a LOT

Virtual Cafe Awards

1980Miami

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Going to have to start cutting soon :JigglyThump:

Virtual Cafe Awards

1980Miami

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Feels bad man, do you just go for the caloric deficit route? Or do you have a routine you like to follow to lose weight?
Usually strict caloric deficit but this time around I'm going to just go to Jiu Jitsu 3-5 times a week and some other cardio and hopefully that's enough to get me started. Usually I use yohimbine which has helped in the past.

Probably going to sauce starting next bulk. Tempting to do some dumbass prohoromone/sarms cycle but hopefully I'll have my hands on some test by then

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sweet n' Comfy

Lovely Comfy Days
Reaction score
Awards
Lurking this thread is quite interesting for me.

To be honest the only routine I have is doing gymnastic bodyweight exercises High Intensity Low Frequency aiming to get the most hypertrophy I can without injuring my muscles. 8 reps, 2 sets, looking for perfect form doing it all slowly and keeping my muscles tense the whole time. I do pushups, leg raises, squats and nowadays I train my neck too. This whole body training thing I do it only once a day each week and the rest of the week I just do nothing and eat as much as I can. I've seen sure progress and my body is way stronger than ever, I got some rad legs and my body is starting to take a great shape. I no longer have the need to take painkiller pills. To be honest I think this is better than weights ever were for me. I'm no expert.

But then, looking at all the stuff you do like all that diet stuff, supplements, steroids, testosterone thingies and stuff, I don't know man... don't you suffer? If I had to do the same I would quit tbh. Tracking calories seems pretty bougie a thing for me. When I need Creatinine I just eat some raw beef, if you add some salt it tastes great . (If the butchery is selling you fresh clean stuff then you won't die)

Virtual Cafe Awards

1980Miami

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

To be honest the only routine I have is doing gymnastic bodyweight exercises High Intensity Low Frequency aiming to get the most hypertrophy I can without injuring my muscles. 8 reps, 2 sets, looking for perfect form doing it all slowly and keeping my muscles tense the whole time. I do pushups, leg raises, squats and nowadays I train my neck too. This whole body training thing I do it only once a day each week and the rest of the week I just do nothing and eat as much as I can. I've seen sure progress and my body is way stronger than ever, I got some rad legs and my body is starting to take a great shape. I no longer have the need to take painkiller pills. To be honest I think this is better than weights ever were for me. I'm no expert.

But then, looking at all the stuff you do like all that diet stuff, supplements, steroids, testosterone thingies and stuff, I don't know man... don't you suffer? If I had to do the same I would quit tbh. Tracking calories seems pretty bougie a thing for me. When I need Creatinine I just eat some raw beef, if you add some salt it tastes great . (If the butchery is selling you fresh clean stuff then you won't die)
There's no logical way to explain it. It's just really fun and trying to optimize training, diet, and supplements to look as good as possible is something I truly enjoy. Spending 6+ hours a week in the gym is something that makes me really happy

Virtual Cafe Awards

yukiovikernes

God's Favorite
Reaction score
Awards
I really enjoy lifting weights and have started to actually like running
I think it's because I was sedentary for a good part of quarantine and immediately felt better mentally after getting back on the horse
Immediately removes the malaise from being a lazy retard

Virtual Cafe Awards
I used to do parkour. I know, meme status shit. I was very lithe and in incredible shape, though. After a couple promotions I don't really have the time for it anymore and have put on some weight. I'm looking to get a home gym setup going. Suggestions very welcome, please!
parkour is dope. If your still up for it, you should totally get back into it if you can find time. I think fitness should be something you can really get into.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Rebel

This Is War, Huh, Wow!
Reaction score
Awards

I think back then I was more interested in pushing the limit and seeing how far I could go.
With steroids, it was like engineering my own body by adjusting dosages to see how I feel, how I look, etc.
I've kind of lost a lot of that interest now and just do it for health and general upkeep, but I think you'd be surprised how many people out there really do take fitness and looks that seriously where they religiously count calories, try find the next best thing that will give you crazy effects and so on. It can become an addiction for many people! Though you are right in the sense that after a certain point it stops being fitness and it's probably more unhealthy for you (taking performance enhancing drugs)

Virtual Cafe Awards

Rebel

This Is War, Huh, Wow!
Reaction score
Awards
I really enjoy lifting weights and have started to actually like running
I think it's because I was sedentary for a good part of quarantine and immediately felt better mentally after getting back on the horse
Immediately removes the malaise from being a lazy retard
Totally agree. Here in Sydney, Australia, we just got out of quarantine (again) after 3 months, felt bad man.
I was doing some calisthenics throughout it but nothing compared to that first morning hitting the weights in the gym

Virtual Cafe Awards

1980Miami

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
What are your guys' least favorite exercises? I gotta say hack squat makes my knees feel like they're going to explode. Behind the head dumbell tricep extensions also are pretty bad, lot of elbow stress

Virtual Cafe Awards

yukiovikernes

God's Favorite
Reaction score
Awards
What are your guys' least favorite exercises? I gotta say hack squat makes my knees feel like they're going to explode. Behind the head dumbell tricep extensions also are pretty bad, lot of elbow stress
any machine leg exercise

Virtual Cafe Awards

kultra

veteran n00b
Reaction score
Awards
Good mornings. Fucking hate them and never including them in a routine again if I can help it. Used to love deadlifting but my back injury doesn't so they're always accompanied with anxiety.

any machine leg exercise
fuck leg press too

Honestly I feel like doing HIIT sprints are great for leg gains but I wuss out over the weather

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kenshiro

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Just back squats. I'm okay with front or haack, but for some reason I've never found back squats comfortable, if you know what I mean.

Virtual Cafe Awards

1980Miami

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Good mornings. Fucking hate them and never including them in a routine again if I can help it. Used to love deadlifting but my back injury doesn't so they're always accompanied with anxiety.

fuck leg press too

Honestly I feel like doing HIIT sprints are great for leg gains but I wuss out over the weather
Good Mornings always seemed like an outdated exercise. Always shocked when I see someone doing it at the gym

Virtual Cafe Awards

Rebel

This Is War, Huh, Wow!
Reaction score
Awards
I used to hate squatting, and kind of still do but I've gotten used to it because its king, but I really hate doing lunges.
Feels like I'm doing cardio at the same time, I always skip them lolol

Virtual Cafe Awards