General Fitness Thread - Discuss all things fitness here!

• Thread starter Rebel
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 15339 times.

Lukeas1111

My dad owns Microsoft >:(
Reaction score
Awards
How old are you.
Mommy said I cant say >: )
First off, you cannot eat 3k cals per day and stay a feeble 125 pounds.
Idk what to say, I have a fast metablosim I guess. I also havent been bulking for too long.
Second off, start properly counting and tracking your calories.
U right on this one. Its kinda hard though cause school, especially now with finals week.
And goddamn, drink some milk, at least half a gallon per day.
Idk if this is a comment on the broken bone or a diet recommendation. But I do drink milk, and I rolled off an 8 stair bro I dont think any amount of milk was gonna stop that.

With how you typed this idk if you're trying to be an ass or just giving constructive criticism. Im just trying to recover from and injury, and its working. I feel much stronger and able than a month ago and I think thats all that matters<3

Virtual Cafe Awards

CapnGreenGenes

Jack Ass of All Trades
Reaction score
Awards
im starting a proper gym routine today, after 10+ years....time to get back into being a muscle hamster...this is gonna suck but im excited, already rotating my food intake around chicken and rice :SlimeRider:.....for routines i have a body building book bigger than the king James Bible my late half sister gave me in hs as i was supposed to go into being a personal trainer but could not stand the complaints and short cuts most want to take when it comes to physical fitness.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Novem_IX

MIAMI VICE MINDSET
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Horseshoe tris are starting to come in...I want to get bigger but summer is almost here and I need to cut some bodyfat. Going back on my intermittent fasting routine today.
FTxC_xMXEAY0xND.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Might as well show off a little. Still small but got that martial arts muscle definition.
(64kg 5'11 10%bf)

IMG_20220527_153451.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
First off, you cannot eat 3k cals per day and stay a feeble 125 pounds.
Tell that to 17yo me. At my fittest I was 125 and ate like a fucking monster. Was also running like 10 hours a day.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Tell that to 17yo me. At my fittest I was 125 and ate like a fucking monster. Was also running like 10 hours a day.
What were you running from? :monkaW:

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
I know this is the most basic question/issue imaginable, but where do I begin? Ever since quarantine I got out of shape and I want to finally do something about it. I don't have access to a gym, but am looking for decent resources on diets/basic stuff I can do to start losing weight and get back into my old cross country running shape. I don't really trust the stuff that shows up on internet searches since I assume they all just want to sell me shit.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Outer Heaven

Stranger in a strange land
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I know this is the most basic question/issue imaginable, but where do I begin? Ever since quarantine I got out of shape and I want to finally do something about it. I don't have access to a gym, but am looking for decent resources on diets/basic stuff I can do to start losing weight and get back into my old cross country running shape. I don't really trust the stuff that shows up on internet searches since I assume they all just want to sell me shit.
The most important thing for losing weight is eating less calories than you burn. Dropping the soda and fries will lose you more fat than any work out. Fix that first.

For exercise in the long run gaining muscle is better than cardio since muscle uses more energy than other tissue. The more you have the more your body burns calories just by existing.

In the short run you can get away with eating at a caloric deficit and still building muscle so long as you have fat on you and you eat enough protein. Slowly your body will use your fat stores to build muscle. This gets less effective as you lose fat. Once this stops working you have to eat at a caloric surplus to build muscle.

My favorite beginner workout is the 5x5 strength workout. It's very easy and quick and even has an app that can track your reps+sets. It's 3 days a week of full body Barbell exercises. You'll hit everything hard but won't hit specific muscles unless you add to it.

Look up how much calories and protein your body needs first and foremost and work everything out from there.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
This channel is the best fitness information on youtube, for all skill levels. If you're ok with thinking about what you want to do instead of following a "one size fits all" routine from somewhere then I can't recommend it enough.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

PizzaW0lf

In search of something greater.
Reaction score
Awards
Thought I'd start a thread about fitness considering I saw a lot of people in the 'Introduce Yourself' thread had fitness down as an interest and hobby.

Discuss all things fitness related here!

From your workout routines, to different sports you do, questions and advice from the beginner lifter to the seasoned gym rat!

I've been a fitness enthusiast for years now but primarily focused on boxing and weight lifting, and now just weight lifting.

So I guess I'll start this thread off with "What do you guys do for fitness? Routine?"

View attachment 8379
Fitness is something I have trouble fitting into my schedule however, I realized I could multitask if I commuted by bike and so therefore I can get a good workout in and arrive to the places I need to go to. So that's my main workout right now. Also, I'm in the process of minimizing the number of things I eat.

Virtual Cafe Awards

RisingThumb

Imaginary manifestation of fun
Reaction score
Awards
Website
risingthumb.xyz
Current workout is alternating each day between the 2(excluding Sundays):
- Running day. I run 3 mile, mixture of uphill, downhill and flat land. Any further adds too much time to fit in reasonably in my day, except on weekends.
- Callisthenics. Probably the part I struggle the most on currently. I do plank, push-ups, pull up negatives, dead hangs(in place of pull up since I'm physically unable to do that yet), sit-ups and squats. I think this hits all the muscles? Not sure if people have a recommended way to be approaching callisthenics, since i'm not currently seeing the improvement I want to see.

As for diet, I just eat whatever I want(I usually don't eat all that much anyway, and it's slop), but I get a decent profile of nutrients(and everything else comes from the random other slop I eat) from the mini Gironda shake of 4 eggs, half a banana and milk after each workout

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Not sure if people have a recommended way to be approaching callisthenics, since i'm not currently seeing the improvement I want to see.

As for diet, I just eat whatever I want(I usually don't eat all that much anyway, and it's slop), but I get a decent profile of nutrients(and everything else comes from the random other slop I eat) from the mini Gironda shake of 4 eggs, half a banana and milk after each workout
This playlist will help

View: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZo07XrNsSmaK36guKJWDBYBz2ufxFJL3

Diet-wise, you need to eat more. Not eating much will be the main thing holding back your progress unless you already carry a lot of fat to use as energy.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kenshiro

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Finally got my leg healed up so I bought a rack to continue my weightlifting Currently at 115x1 for squat, 167.5x1 for deadlift and 57,5x1 for OHP, I dont have a bench yet so I can't test it out.

Attachments

• 20220312_224113[1].jpg
    20220312_224113[1].jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 43
Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards