Genesis: The Story of Adam and Eve as Our Collective Genetic Memory and the Magic Mushroom as the Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge

• Thread starter TRXTR
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 2203 times.

TRXTR

Classified Personnel Only Past This Point
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
krowznezt.net
The fruit of the Tree of Knowledge was the magic mushroom, and Adam and Eve are just the collective tales of the early hominids eating entheogens and learning about the heavens and hells from divine intervention through the mushroom sacrament, found growing in basically cow patties. Adam and Eve seeing themselves naked for the first time was the hominid losing our fur, and the archetypal couple being banished from the garden of Eden was the forests and jungles disappearing after thousands of years of climate change into African savannah. The story of Adam and Eve is real, because it is the condensed story of our literal genesis as a species and as humans, and our curiosity for knowledge as the mushroom taught us about the world, both the one without and the one within.

141121-lucy.jpg
eofz2tdlb1d01.jpg
P3qu8EwLDu4bmxz4tYPWdJ.jpg
cave.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deepwaterjew

Young prophet
Reaction score
Awards
What are other religions that use the "genetic memory" you mentioned? If it's supposed to be an archetypes to the origin of the true humans then the other creeds should also have the template

Virtual Cafe Awards

TRXTR

Classified Personnel Only Past This Point
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
krowznezt.net
What are other religions that use the "genetic memory" you mentioned? If it's supposed to be an archetypes to the origin of the true humans then the other creeds should also have the template
I could make the argument that Monotheism removes, what ultimately amount to, illusions of the lesser gods which most other spiritualities have under the Creator Source mentioned in most texts. Not invalidates, but Judaism and Christianity attempt to reach right to the source with no middle men, taking the religions literally. So, The Bible gets to the core of our own history and relationship with God, which we kickstarted by taking the mushroom as a family of hominids. Not only that, but Judaism and Christianity's close proximity to the cradle of humanity makes them better candidates to tell such a tale in their creation story. When humans basically got to where those religions sprouted up we had gained full cognizance and possibly a bit of a grokking of our past and history.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
What do you think of this post?

Virtual Cafe Awards

gathermore

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
The fruit of the Tree of Knowledge was the magic mushroom, and Adam and Eve are just the collective tales of the early hominids eating entheogens and learning about the heavens and hells from divine intervention through the mushroom sacrament, found growing in basically cow patties. Adam and Eve seeing themselves naked for the first time was the hominid losing our fur, and the archetypal couple being banished from the garden of Eden was the forests and jungles disappearing after thousands of years of climate change into African savannah. The story of Adam and Eve is real, because it is the condensed story of our literal genesis as a species and as humans, and our curiosity for knowledge as the mushroom taught us about the world, both the one without and the one within.

View attachment 19939View attachment 19940View attachment 19941View attachment 19942
i AGREE

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

nah, magic mushrooms are a seperate thing. tied to christianity still, but no the garden of eden or adam and eve

edit: oh boy, one of these "we came from monkeys" people.

Outer Heaven

Stranger in a strange land
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
What I find hilarious about this is that people would rather accept the narrative that we evolved from apes that took hallucinogens with no real evidence than the simple answer that God created us. They'd rather syncretize common religious stories and views into this theory to lend it credibility than accept the religions that propose those views in the first place. New Age spiritualism is so tiresome to read.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 3373

I take a view of Adam and Eve that is perhaps somewhat similar although differs significantly. My view is that both is and is not history. Evolution still happened and all that and what I believe Adam and Eve were, was an allegory for the creation of technology. When humans began to manipulate the Earth to meet our needs. For example the creation of clothing. Clothing is perhaps the earliest form of manipulation of materials. This eventually leads to agriculture and so on. It is after all the tree of knowledge. Knowledge of technology perhaps? I believe Eden was simply Earth circa 100,000 years ago and that is the explanation for the story.

I can't be certain, but a hunch tells me that a bunch of people with no real conception of science figured it made sense that two people could populate an entire planet and that it could pull double-duty as an origin story and explanation for why everyone is a sinner, no matter what.

Also, doesn't the story only date back to 600 A.D. or something like that?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 3373

I can't be certain, but a hunch tells me that a bunch of people with no real conception of science figured it made sense that two people could populate an entire planet and that it could pull double-duty as an origin story and explanation for why everyone is a sinner, no matter what.

Also, doesn't the story only date back to 600 A.D. or something like that?
No, there are a number of pre-biblical stories which are eerily similar. There will be some amount of truth to it.

No, there are a number of pre-biblical stories which are eerily similar. There will be some amount of truth to it.
So it could be that the myth is just really old? "Some amount" is verrrrrry broad. And you can't populate a planet with just two people, even with rampant incest. It just doesn't work. So the truth, to whatever degree it exists, is going to be fairly banal. Just people doing people things. Cooking up fairy tales, using incomprehensible nonsense to get people in line.

So maybe it was mushrooms. They've been trying to get that idea of the ground for at least 50 years. But why does consciousness have to be this miraculous and instantaneous thing when everything else gets to be gradual? It just hurts not to know, I guess.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards

Attachments

• fpsyg-12-729425.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 71
Virtual Cafe Awards

Outer Heaven

Stranger in a strange land
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
But why does consciousness have to be this miraculous and instantaneous thing when everything else gets to be gradual?
Because its immaterial. Consciousness cant be explained away using any material explanation no matter how hard you try. Even gradually, how do you explain something immaterial using a materialistic paradigm like evolution. Consciousness isn't some physical evolutionary adaptation you can chalk up to being advantageous. Its a large hole in the evolution narrative that is handwaved away.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Because its immaterial. Consciousness cant be explained away using any material explanation no matter how hard you try. Even gradually, how do you explain something immaterial using a materialistic paradigm like evolution. Consciousness isn't some physical evolutionary adaptation you can chalk up to being advantageous. Its a large hole in the evolution narrative that is handwaved away.
It's not handwaved. It's one of the most important questions in all of psychology, psychiatry, neuroscience, evolutionary biology. They've been going at it forever and make no claims to having it figured out. If anything is handwaved, it's that fact. Science is okay with not knowing and with being wrong, which is fairly unique. Because, you likely don't know anything about the science, are not a scientist yourself, not even a philosopher in any appreciable sense, but somehow you can claim, with total certainty, that something is immaterial which is experienced materially. And why can't immaterial things, if they exist, appear gradually? Because immaterial things are instantaneous? Who said? Is God immaterial? Why did it take him 6 days to create everything?

Holes and handwaving, huh?

Virtual Cafe Awards