Glass Prism by Windows 96 album review

Windows 96 is a Brazilian producer who experiments much with synth, vapor, psychedelic and VGM sounds.
Glass Prism is his last album, published in May 2020, let's explore it a little bit more.

I Swear : it is the first track of the album and it is extremely synthwave (in the best way as possible). There is a voice, and the whole mood is very chill. The perfect song when you lay in bed before sleeping and you need to think.
Underwater : it remembers me of the bubbles in the sea, there are instrumental parts that remind you of caribbean instruments, the windy beach, but everything feels a little bit nostalgic.
Glas Prism : the song that gives the name to the album, a perfect mix of psychedelic sounds, synth sounds and some good old nostalgia with techno influences. A great great song.
Laugh Away : synths, synths and more synts !!! This song is in Windows 96's Spotify top 5 songs and I have no questions on why it is there, it is perfect and I feel like it fully represents the artist in his intellectual essence.
En Route : wah effect? YES, it's here. We have a nostalgic feeling, expressed with some vintage and Metallica style wah pedal. Thre is nothing to complain about here, just listen and enjoy!
Inicio : a kinda chiptune, mixed with the continuative nostalgic feeling, very cute to listen to, and also very very chil.
Fondamentalement : another chiptune song, even more chill than "Inicio", with parts where there is more action, very cute, not my favorite but very very cute.
All the While : this song is so pleasing I have almost cried because it's perfect.
Unakite : this song has a very particular tempo, and also particular parts. You have to pay attention to it to fully appreciate it, it reminds you of a specifc period in your childhood, a happy but chaotic period.
See You : you know when you see who you love or your crush? This song is the sound representation of how you feel when you see them. The mixed feelings, the emotions, the initial uncertainty, everything.

Overall this album is another vaporwave, synthwave masterpiece that everyone should listen, no exceptions, so, this i the link to the Bandcamp page of the album:
View: https://windows-96.bandcamp.com/album/glass-prism

Attachments

• a3754615439_10.jpg
    a3754615439_10.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 1,483

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
窓はいつも非常にはっきりとした音を出します。シーンで彼ほど一生懸命働いているプロデューサーはほとんどいません。私は一度蒸気波会議で彼に会いました、彼は仕事中毒でした。彼は各ビートを作るのに何時間も費やしたので、それは完全に落ちました。彼はすべてのシンセがタンデムになっていることを確認しました。確かに多作でインスピレーションを得た男。男の次のアルバムはレコードを粉砕する可能性があります

Virtual Cafe Awards