(((Greek))) Comicdom bans Greek illustrator for being historically accurate

Vetusomaru

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vetusomaru.dreamwidth.org

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nImUJyicuc

(((Greek))) Comicdom bans Greek patriot illustrator for making comics based on Greek history with his haters accusing him for being an altright nationalist. Not surprised though since Greek comic scene and Comidom is full with commies and globalists (at Greek Comicdom the latest years they even have panels for LGBT+ "artists").

Google translated link:

Attachments

• fucking_globalists.png
    fucking_globalists.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 101

ECHETLAEUS

GLOBALISTS HAVE THE POWER, BUT GOD THE FINAL WORD
Reaction score
Awards
Fuck the globalists fuck the lgbtq fuck the degeneration, the future war will be the GREAT AWAKENING VS THE GREAT RESET. The spartans may lost the battle in thermopyles but they inspired the whole greece with their sacrifice to unite. Then they won glorious against the occultists and mysticism powers of the east, now we have to do the same. Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ, ΕΛΛΑΣ Η ΘΑΝΑΤΟΣ, Η ΕΜΕΙΣ Η ΑΥΤΟΙ.
zack snyder film GIF by 300: Rise of an Empire

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vetusomaru

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
I love reading blek. I dont know any other greek comic but i want to find, any suggestions?
Actually Blek isn't Greek comic but Italian. But it was so popular in Greece that Greek comic artists made their own official sequel.

As about any other suggestions, I would recommend Arkas' older works that have also been officially released in English. Unfortunately from mid - late 2010s and after he went fully sellout by making political propaganda comics, something that became much more obvious during Covid "pandemic" with him doing propaganda for lock downs and vaccines. Also said propaganda comes to fully contradictions with his older classic works that made fun of "scientists" and questionable vaccines.

Not Greek but the official Greek translations of Asterix are great and they've even translated few volumes in ancient Greek language.

Vetusomaru

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
Reminder: companies, awards and conventions are pointless captured institutions, go straight to the enjoyers.
You're missing the point is which is the fact that globalists and commies are ruining our favorite hobbies to shove their agendas and that they're everywhere like cockroaches.

InsufferableCynic

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
this place has ceased to be a vaporware / creative / nostalgic forum a long time age lol, what else would you expect?

True, but at least most of the politics posts on here are opening up discussion about nuanced topics and get a whole range of responses. One of the things I like about being here is the wide variety of opinions I see from a lot of users on topics that otherwise don't get much mainstream attention.

But this thread definitely comes across to me as being more of the typical low effort political bait we see all over other parts of the internet. Everyone must toe the line on whatever opinion is presented - either being completely for it or completely against it - and we are supposed to devolve into the same sort of othering and name calling everyone already does on every other site. There is no political discussion to be had here because there's nothing really being presented or discussed other than "censorship bad" which everyone already knows.

That's why this thread is so cringe. It's not really a discussion thread.

I guess threads with titles like "What's your opinion on thing X" where the first post is "I have been thinking about this, here's my stance" with an invitation to discuss tend to sit better with me than "look how bad this thing is!!!" threads.

IDK maybe I just have the wrong idea.

Last edited:

dorgon

Violently Peaceful
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
dorgon.neocities.org
this place has ceased to be a vaporware / creative / nostalgic forum a long time age lol, what else would you expect?
I've been thinking of making some sort of vaporwave or synthwave thread but the problem is i don't make music, and there's many threads sharing vaporwave music already...... I wonder if we can actually talk about that stuff again? Maybe I'll start a new vaporwave-specific music sharing thread but I don't know, it'd be less clutter if we just necroed an old thread?

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
You're missing the point is which is the fact that globalists and commies are ruining our favorite hobbies to shove their agendas and that they're everywhere like cockroaches.
I don't have the full context here, don't speak Greek. But I will say generally "globhomo" has taken deep root in interests with exploitable consumer bases. Nerd conventions like this, built upon IPs that spent years (if not decades) building up goodwill among their consumer base prior to acquisition by media conglomerates, are unfortunately victims to this phenomenon of "purity tests" now. Nerd interests are just another institution subverted by holier than thou out of touch elites.
Funny enough legitimate history for the general population is no different than the narrative selling of fictitious IPs. In the US, two main markets determine primary school curriculum by having the textbook writers appease to them (Texas and California.) Although I suspect this dynamic has changed over the last two decades with the influx of self anointed cultural guardians like Bill Gates/George Soros willing to step in and subsidize charges in exchange for supporting prevailing narratives.
Only a fool thinks the truth is worth a damn in the free market.
Doesn't matter anyways when the flow of money has been subverted entirely to support propaganda efforts.
go straight to the enjoyers.
Indeed, support efforts with no ties to major media conglomerates/ESG backed investors. It is important like minded individuals find a means of supporting each other outside of a system that all but encourages this. Plenty of creative types out there doing their own entertaining thing, only problem is the amount of work one needs to put in to even find them in the first place. Word of mouth is key in that regard.

Virtual Cafe Awards

GhostBox

spook
Reaction score
Awards
Well, that's pretty much the same across the board for at least a decade now. They just keep winning, they have both the advantage and the momentum.

That is why these big centralized things are dead for genuine artistry and fun, you can't have a pitched battle with a foe that not only outnumbers you, but can easily have their media, corpo and state friends bashing you if you dare to make a stand. But hey, on the bright side they think they are the poor oppressed minority and the normalish people they crush are the evil overlord with all the wealth and advantage in the world. lmao

Seriously, unless you can have the resources to meet them head on, there is nothing to be done. The "go woke, go broke" is a cope from conservatives who did nothing but lose everything for like a century at this point. Black Rock and friends will make sure you will get all the credit and funding from the "market" to make up for your lost sales. Oh, also gen alpha are growing up in this, so for them this is normal.

Indeed, support efforts with no ties to major media conglomerates/ESG backed investors. It is important like minded individuals find a means of supporting each other outside of a system that all but encourages this. Plenty of creative types out there doing their own entertaining thing, only problem is the amount of work one needs to put in to even find them in the first place. Word of mouth is key in that regard.
Yeah getting an audience is hard. I think without the mass production and promotion of a corporation the artist will be the village artisan. Sure, your stuff won't get to millions but you may have a hundred people who really likes your stuff. People seeing other people enjoying your stuff works better than most normal advertisements as well, setting you up for more growth.

I think the most important thing is your second sentence. Yes, the big corpors will only push big corpo content. Good luck playing the game where it is already spreadsheet driven and it will be unironically AI generated because they consider the creatives to be nothing more than faulty employees who have trouble following the guidelines to create the normieshlop.

Decentralization is important, because that creates opportunities for people to fill their roles better. I think the main reason why the internet is so depressing nowadays is that on the mega platforms you don't have a societal role like you had one forums. You are either consumer, or creator of videos in a very specific niche. Your fellow users won't be the local jerk, funny guy, weirdo, effort poster etc. In a smaller community you can have those.

Virtual Cafe Awards

GhostBox

spook
Reaction score
Awards
I've been thinking of making some sort of vaporwave or synthwave thread but the problem is i don't make music, and there's many threads sharing vaporwave music already...... I wonder if we can actually talk about that stuff again? Maybe I'll start a new vaporwave-specific music sharing thread but I don't know, it'd be less clutter if we just necroed an old thread?
You can always go with the aesthetic aspect of it. Neither of those genres would be the same without their visual language.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
True, but at least most of the politics posts on here are opening up discussion about nuanced topics and get a whole range of responses. One of the things I like about being here is the wide variety of opinions I see from a lot of users on topics that otherwise don't get much mainstream attention.

But this thread definitely comes across to me as being more of the typical low effort political bait we see all over other parts of the internet. Everyone must toe the line on whatever opinion is presented - either being completely for it or completely against it - and we are supposed to devolve into the same sort of othering and name calling everyone already does on every other site. There is no political discussion to be had here because there's nothing really being presented or discussed other than "censorship bad" which everyone already knows.

That's why this thread is so cringe. It's not really a discussion thread.

I guess threads with titles like "What's your opinion on thing X" where the first post is "I have been thinking about this, here's my stance" with an invitation to discuss tend to sit better with me than "look how bad this thing is!!!" threads.

IDK maybe I just have the wrong idea.
I really noticed how poisoned the net is with ragebait when I was in Japan and just having a good time. Whenever I opened my phone I was met with these kinda topics everywhere and for the first time I realized how useless most of this is.
>ooh another seasoning American was shot in the USA
>ooh some tranny made advertising for low quality beer
>ooh this greek comic artists got CANCELED
>BE UPSET NOW!

I now want to actively reduce my involvement in shit like this because it's a waste of time.

Virtual Cafe Awards

GhostBox

spook
Reaction score
Awards
I really noticed how poisoned the net is with ragebait when I was in Japan and just having a good time. Whenever I opened my phone I was met with these kinda topics everywhere and for the first time I realized how useless most of this is.
>BE UPSET NOW!

I now want to actively reduce my involvement in shit like this because it's a waste of time.
What I wonder about is... how can you make a niche forum without the off-topic section overtaking it all?

I mean this "politics" stuff overtook everything because it's an emotionally charged topic and you don't need to put in any effort interacting with it. Like I can put out my 3 prebaked lines like an npc have my 2-3 cups and call it a day.

Virtual Cafe Awards

InsufferableCynic

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

Yes. I realised this a while ago.

The blue pill is obviously living like a normie and consuming content
The red pill is realising that everything, including morality, is controlled by megacorporations through propaganda and everyone only believes what they are told to believe
The black pill is not caring and getting on with your life and being productive while everyone else tears themselves apart over meaningless bullshit.

Corporations love it when people fight over dumb shit. When I went above that, I started doing much better. I got more work done on my game and other personal projects in the last month than in the entire year before it.

Seeing well-reasoned and nuanced takes on discussions can be helpful for getting insight into the world and I feel like actively participating in those sorts of discussions can train our logical deduction, improving us as people. But the political shit-flinging that is modern political discourse is just a circlejerk, and whether you fall on the left or right of the "culture war", you've been played. Everyone who matters stopped caring a long time ago.

The silver lining in all this is that the vast majority of this political stuff is destined to go nowhere, so you're not missing out on anything by not participating and there's a very low chance that inaction is going to result in some sort of dictatorship or cyberpunk dystopia or whatever. Companies know what makes money, and it's in their best interests to mostly maintain the status quo. They want people to suffer somewhat under their greed, but they know they can't push it too far either, or people will revolt, change the law, or otherwise restrict and punish them, which they don't want. Companies will "get woke" to flare up the culture war, but will never actually make any critical decisions that involve any real risk - for instance, they may promote the works of a talentless artist to "celebrate diversity", but won't ever invest large amounts into it. It will only ever be an advertising stunt with an appropriate budget, no serious money will ever go into something like that. By stirring the pot like this they always win - either people "boycott" them for "getting too woke", which never works because boycotts haven't been effective for over a century, or they mindlessly clap like seals and "celebrate the diversity" by buying the product. In both cases, the company gets free revenue and advertising, and remains relevant. The only winning move is to not play their stupid games.

Of course, very rarely you get companies who genuinely believe in some sort of moral higher order or whatever. Either they are super woke to the core, or on the other side of the fence, they are "christian businesses" that "don't hire gays" or whatever. In both cases, they already don't care what anyone thinks and it's only a matter of time before their ideological stance causes problems with the reality of doing business and they either adjust their corporate philosophy to compensate, or collapse. The correct move here is to also not play, since time will solve the issue automatically, and since screaming about it online isn't going to convince anyone of anything.

Last edited:

SolidStateSurvivor

Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Sure, your stuff won't get to millions but you may have a hundred people who really likes your stuff.
That's all that matters, there are plenty of entertainers I enjoy that fall under this umbrella. Find people within your niche communities and do what you can to survive unalienated.
>BE UPSET NOW!

The odd part about this whole scam is they want people perpetually engaged/enraged at trivial matters, but lord forbid the readers start pointing fingers at those pushing the outrage bait. It's interesting trying to figure out what the threshold is by their standards. The ideal of a "journalist" has always been a matter of propaganda, the reality is that genuinely invested citizens have advocated for proper retribution for years now, but they'll never be given the platform for it. No reason to spend money upsetting the status quo.
Corporations love it when people fight over dumb shit.
Indeed, that is why questioning the validity of lockdowns that only kept said corporations open was so taboo and deliberately broken down into a controlled platform of the special interest groups and amplified nutjobs. And now they have everyone fighting over some one off beer can promoting a transgender rather than wondering why the overall quality of life has gone down the shitter (in the last 3 years in particular.)
They made fighting corporate interest a trivial matter of passing interest culture wars, culture wars is a mere symptom of an overall sickness. It's a fucking brilliant psy-op that they have going where one either stands with the big corporation on their surface level progressive moral ideology they present in this artificial conflict of branding/hate on it or get called bigots by corporate backed publishers.. I swear the general public is so retarded that if BlackRock came out with a surface level denouncing of "woke" ideology they'd probably get people to rally to them too.

Virtual Cafe Awards

InsufferableCynic

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
The odd part about this whole scam is they want people perpetually engaged/enraged at trivial matters, but lord forbid the readers start pointing fingers at those pushing the outrage bait. It's interesting trying to figure out what the threshold is by their standards. The ideal of a "journalist" has always been a matter of propaganda, the reality is that genuinely invested citizens have advocated for proper retribution for years now, but they'll never be given the platform for it. No reason to spend money upsetting the status quo.

Yes.

The example I like to use is Coca-Cola. People like to get all up in arms about Coca-Cola apparently going "woke", but literally nobody cares at all when I mention that they funded Colombian hit squads to murder union leaders.

I would say we are in a post-morality era. People used to build logical moral frameworks and then live their lives based on those principles, rejecting things that don't conform. Now, morality seems to be based on what "side" of the outrage game sounds the most convincing to people based on a knee-jerk emotional reaction. They will be for or against something because it "feels wrong" or "feels right" with no real way to justify it. This is how we get the inconsistency above. People emotionally care about wokeness because they have been programmed to, but people really don't give a single shit about what happens in another country, especially a backwater South-American nation. They have no emotional attachment to it, and so the morality of the situation doesn't matter to them.

I constantly get people asking me why their opposition is always so inconsistent, always pushing one thing for one group and rejecting it for another; or supporting one policy but contradicting another, almost identical one because it has a different name; or standing up for free speech for their side only, etc. When you are expecting people to have a logical moral framework, I can see how this can be very confusing, because nobody with a well defined moral framework could possibly believe this way and take themselves seriously, so people think they must be lying on purpose to further their cause. However, I believe when you've been trained to accept or reject things based purely on knee-jerk emotional responses, and it's easy for external entities like the media or corporations to manipulate those emotions, it makes perfect sense that so many people would genuinely accept contradictory ideas without any sort of cognitive dissonance, because to them, logical consistency is not important, only how outraged it makes them feel.

I guess I'm a hypocrite too since I am literally drinking a can of Coke while I write this...

Last edited:

SolidStateSurvivor

Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
People emotionally care about wokeness because they have been programmed to, but people really don't give a single shit about what happens in another country, especially a backwater South-American nation. They have no emotional attachment to it, and so the morality of the situation doesn't matter to them.
You're confusing the average American with a pre-programmed bot, I mean cmon now no way this free flow of information they boast of in a nation PROUDLY backed by the Bill of Rights is so thoroughly compromised in terms of information literacy.....right??? My primary school textbooks told me to trust the news. TV anchorman told me I need to buy all of BlacRock's [brand X] because BlackRock's [brand Y] are fascists! lul
but literally nobody cares at all when I mention that Coke funded Colombian hit squads to murder union leaders.
Can you really expect the same nation that used the false pretense of WMDs for a direct resource war into the middle east to care about the nuances of their cash cow soda? Especially in a conflict that was a matter of psy-ops/state sanctioned hitmen rather than publicized GI Joes on the ground? Most people would just dismiss you as a conspiracy theorist unfortunately.
If it weren't for the toll of human life it is almost humorous to see the US be so critical of Russian tactics in Ukraine, considering the US did far worse to the Middle Easterners for similar (resource backed) motives.

Virtual Cafe Awards