GTA 6 Leaked (No Clickbait, No Bullshit)

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
This is not a drill, supposedly the same guy who hacked Uber recently is bringing us this really early dev footage from 2019. He's threatening to release GTA V and GTA VI's source code too.

Vice City bros we're coming home :BigSmoke:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW6aojZ1m4I

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Looks like the map is going to be gigantic, the map they're going off of is from a prior leak on 4chan, but it appears to match up with this most recent one that we know for sure is legit. Very exciting because it appears that we're getting a Disney World parody, the Keys, Marco Island(?), Daytona Beach(?) and perhaps some other cities. Don't see Tampa/St. Pete/Jacksonville though, but maybe I'm misreading it.

Here's some pics from the GTA Forums thread before it got 404'd
8lR1hn5.png

0vXyq9U.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

LostintheCycle

Formerly His Holelineß
Reaction score
Awards
I wonder how this will affect the company and the selling of the game. Naturally GTA VI will end up selling less than the record breaking GTA V (first game to gross one billion within 24 hours), but I wonder what their projections before and after this are, and what reality actually will be. These stories are getting more common and I otherwise wouldn't be interested but I'm curious what they'll do about their GTA Online cash cow since I still play it socially. They couldn't have a parallel GTA Online 2 since that'd make no sense, but are they really going to release a singleplayer-only game?

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Naturally GTA VI will end up selling less than the record breaking GTA V (first game to gross one billion within 24 hours)
Hard disagree, the hype for GTA VI seems even higher than it was for V imo. The gap between IV and V was only 5 years, whereas it's gonna to be a whole decade between V and VI now. The only thing limiting it's sales is how many next gen consoles have been shipped out and how long they'll delay the PC port. Highly doubt this is coming to PS4/Xbone

Yeah the footage is going to look rough to a normie who doesn't understand how game dev is, but to those that saw it as soon as a highly polished trailer comes out they'll quickly move on. The only downside to the leaks is that they may have ended up showcasing features that get cut, GTA always has a lot of unused content.

I think with this game they'll be more committed to longevity with the online component, which can keep sales strong into even the next console generation. If wise they will have coded it in a way that'd allow for easy map expansions and seasonal events, from my understanding this was not how GTA Online was originally coded because I don't think they expected it to last a decade. But this next game will, no doubt Rockstar has taken notes from Fortnite and Warzone in this regard.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Damn I didn't even see this one. I deleted my doublicate thread.

I can post my rant about GTA/Rockstar gameshere :)

I think many of the innovative, talented and ambitious people leaving Rockstar over the course of GTA V and RDR2 is a bad sign. Neither RDR2 nor V getting a proper single player DLC is another nail in the coffin for me, especially after the Ballad of gay Tony and Undead Nightmare.
Then I also remember some press conference where Rockstar said that they want to tap even deeper into the online focused market. V online became this horrible "gaming as a service" walking corpse.
To me GTA is kinda like the Simpsons. Both enjoyed absolutely astonishing popularity but have since faded and their own inertia is the only thing carrying them forwards at the moment. It's a lot of inertia because of how huge they used to be but I think their soul/core is dead at this point because in both instances the important people that made the magic possible already left.
Simiarly, both also featured a kind of edgy satire homour that was defining the late 90s, early 2000s but just doesn't fly anymore in [current year].

Now, the "numbers game" is all that's left.
Ooooh look at the increased number, dear consumer. Old product's map had 10 football fields of area, but now we got 25! Look, Mr. customer! The number of polygons increased again! Please consumer the improved product now! Higher noooooomber!
Yet higher numbers aren't what make a good game.

View: https://youtu.be/GWVtZJo-HqI

Maybe, just maybe the few living souls behind RDR2 are now on board with VI and manage to breath some life into it but I am very very cautious about getting hyped.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Damn I didn't even see this one. I deleted my doublicate thread.

I can post my rant about GTA/Rockstar gameshere :)

I think many of the innovative, talented and ambitious people leaving Rockstar over the course of GTA V and RDR2 is a bad sign. Neither RDR2 nor V getting a proper single player DLC is another nail in the coffin for me, especially after the Ballad of gay Tony and Undead Nightmare.
Then I also remember some press conference where Rockstar said that they want to tap even deeper into the online focused market. V online became this horrible "gaming as a service" walking corpse.
To me GTA is kinda like the Simpsons. Both enjoyed absolutely astonishing popularity but have since faded and their own inertia is the only thing carrying them forwards at the moment. It's a lot of inertia because of how huge they used to be but I think their soul/core is dead at this point because in both instances the important people that made the magic possible already left.
Simiarly, both also featured a kind of edgy satire homour that was defining the late 90s, early 2000s but just doesn't fly anymore in [current year].

Now, the "numbers game" is all that's left.
Ooooh look at the increased number, dear consumer. Old product's map had 10 football fields of area, but now we got 25! Look, Mr. customer! The number of polygons increased again! Please consumer the improved product now! Higher noooooomber!
Yet higher numbers aren't what make a good game.

View: https://youtu.be/GWVtZJo-HqI

Maybe, just maybe the few living souls behind RDR2 are now on board with VI and manage to breath some life into it but I am very very cautious about getting hyped.

It's tough to tell how this game is going to turn out from a narrative and attention to detail standpoint.

There are some warning signs they're really going to cut back on the edgy humor and satire, I think there were some representatives who said they were going to avoid "punching down" with their jokes (I whole heartedly disagree with that concept in general) and in the GTA V re-re-release on PS5 they cut out some subtle trans jokes and drag queen NPCs. There's been a few other things like that which amount to small, but worrying stuff. If they trend chase and decide to only rail on certain people/ideologies while completely shileding others then I will be disappointed. GTA, much like South Park, is well received because they bust everyone's balls pretty equally.

Lazlow being gone is really going to cripple the humor and overall vibe imo, but from a developer standpoint if they still have the people responsible for things like shrinking horse balls in Red Dead around then at least the attention to detail will be there. From the footage GTA VI seems to be taking a much more grounded gameplay approach than GTA V, and maybe even GTA IV did. Seeing something like that free roam store hold up, Red Dead greeting/antagonize dialogue system, and even the ability to buy from gumball machines gives me hope that they're going all out on world interaction/immersion, something Los Santos was really lacking in.

GTA Online is pretty soulless at this point, that is very much true. Doomsday Heist felt like one of the last updates with a soul to it (probably because it was speculated to be cut single player DLC.) Rockstar became the very thing they satirized in regards to scummy onlin practices, but GTA VI will be their ultimate test to see if they can still deliver an industry leading single player experience.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Looked this up since I never heard of it, was hoping this would be an open world sandbox, but seems to just be an FPS (can you even drive vehicles?)

Could be kind of dumb goofy fun judging by the castlist, but that comes down to how good the writing is and honestly this type of video game humor more often than not falls flat or flat out sucks ass (just look at that Saints Row reboot)

Virtual Cafe Awards