H00s h0b0 adventure

• Thread starter h00
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 3936 times.

h00

message is what matters
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
h00.neocities.org
Phone posting
This will be a self-blog thread to document my hobo adventure

I sold most of my worldly possessions and am now taking the eastern continental trail to North Carolina.
ectmap.jpg

I've finished my first day and my feet hurt

Right now I'm camped alongside a river and people are downstream doing cannonballs n shit (there are large gators in this river)

If you are along the route and want to hang with my smelly ass lmk. I love all agorians.

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Deadchief1175

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Had a friend do this on the my side of the country (West coast) and he said it honestly changed his life.

Whats the plan? Just for fun?

Also... I suppose this means no Saturday radio shows for awhile then huh?

Virtual Cafe Awards

h00

message is what matters
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
h00.neocities.org
Hickhikers guide.

This looks fun, what do you plan on doing at your destination?
Finished the first chapter now.
Once I'm in NC I'm going to kick it with some friends and family I have in the area, then travel down to CO to meet with some other friends.

Hoping to read a lot of books and do a lot of writing while on the trails.

Virtual Cafe Awards

h00

message is what matters
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
h00.neocities.org
Damn, first world country people really have nothing better to do. PepSiDawgwitcan
It's true. Working 9-5 made me want to kms. Gonna exercise my freedom of movement, and freedom to eat out of dumpsters.
Had a friend do this on the my side of the country (West coast) and he said it honestly changed his life.

Whats the plan? Just for fun?

Also... I suppose this means no Saturday radio shows for awhile then huh?
Yeah just for fun really. I've wanted to do something like this ever since I was a kid, about a third of the books on my (now all sold) shelf were about adventure, true stories and fictitious.

Ill still be able to call in and my co-host host, I'll just sound like shit and I might not be able to do every Saturday.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
It's true. Working 9-5 made me want to kms. Gonna exercise my freedom of movement, and freedom to eat out of dumpsters.
You could do that in europe and you won't need to eat from trashcans, but hey, at least american dumpsters had a decent amount of food, many people love to waste their food there.
maxresdefault.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
You could do that in europe and you won't need to eat from trashcans, but hey, at least american dumpsters had a decent amount of food, many people love to waste their food there.
maxresdefault.jpg
Is that really necessary? Let him have his fun.

Virtual Cafe Awards

brentw

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Phone posting
This will be a self-blog thread to document my hobo adventure

I sold most of my worldly possessions and am now taking the eastern continental trail to North Carolina.
View attachment 61608

I've finished my first day and my feet hurt

Right now I'm camped alongside a river and people are downstream doing cannonballs n shit (there are large gators in this river)

If you are along the route and want to hang with my smelly ass lmk. I love all agorians.
I'm genuinely curious how many pairs of shoes someone goes through while hiking 4800 miles.

Virtual Cafe Awards
No matter what happens, I'm sure this will be something you look back on fondly later in life. Keep us updated man, seems like it could make for a really chill experience, and probably an interesting one as well. As for which books to read, I would recommend the Carl Jung books.

Virtual Cafe Awards

h00

message is what matters
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
h00.neocities.org
Will upload more pics once I have a wifi connection, and will continue to update thread when anything interesting happens lol.
maxresdefault.jpg
I do want to backpack in Europe too, but it's easier (and cheaper) to step outside my door and backpack then fly over. Plus I don't have eu friends to serve as checkpoints lol
I'm genuinely curious how many pairs of shoes someone goes through while hiking 4800 miles.
A lot. Pretty much every 500 miles they need to be replaced. I want to try out those barefoot shoes once I can receive mail.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Z0diacK

NOT A SCHIZO
Reaction score
Awards
This has always been my dream since forever. I have had plans to do this for years and always stopped last-minute. Sadly I have way too much going on to make this dream a reality. Maybe one day. I am very happy for you, other people will think you're weird or crazy, but not us. You have our full support, atleast, you have mine, that's for sure. You will look on this later in your life and be happy you did this. How are you sleeping? Are you having a tent with you, what equipment do you have with you and do you have any money.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Love
Reactions: h00

h00

message is what matters
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
h00.neocities.org
Bro you can crash on my couch in Germany
same if you ever hit the uk
Much love for that. In a year or so I might be taking y'all up on it :p
This has always been my dream since forever. I have had plans to do this for years and always stopped last-minute. Sadly I have way too much going on to make this dream a reality. Maybe one day. I am very happy for you, other people will think you're weird or crazy, but not us. You have our full support, atleast, you have mine, that's for sure. You will look on this later in your life and be happy you did this. How are you sleeping? Are you having a tent with you, what equipment do you have with you and do you have any money.
Thanks for the kind words. I hope you'll be able to make a trip of this sort not too long from now. Gear wise I have a small airmatress, pillow, and single person tent that are each for backpacking. I've since learned the appeal of ultralight gear and will try to slim my pack down once I hit my next checkpoint (my feet are so sore hoy fuck)

Virtual Cafe Awards