• Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

- Upgrade now for supporter only awards! In Three Tiers

-- Agora Gold

-- Agora Silver

-- Agora Bronze

Upgrades like "moods" username customization, profile customization, custom backgrounds, banners and much more!

It will be under Account Upgrades

Submissions for Tales of Agora Road Issue #4 is OPEN! MAKE AGORA CHAN ART BY CLICKING HERE

Has anyone here read VALIS by Phillip K Dick?

IceFord345

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Has anyone here read VALIS by Phillip K Dick? I think it's one of my favorite books of all time. There's so much deep mysticism and religion involved and the fact that PKD's real life experience is visible in the book makes it even better.

What do others think of this book? What about the religious ideas put forward in this book?
If you haven't read it yet, I highly recommended that you do read it.

orokpetrus

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I've read it last year after reading "Do Androids dream of electric sheeps?". It was kinda confusing at times and the pacing is not the best, but I really enjoyed how P.K.Dick developed a really complex religious concept that mix ideas from many different religions and mythologies. The fact that many things on the book are also inspired by his own life is also kinda crazy, in the brazilian version of the book there's kinda of a short biography of Dick, and his life was far from being normal. I also didn't really like the ending, but assuming that it was supposed to have a sequel I can't really complain.

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I absolutely love VALIS. I disagree with some of the philosophical ideas that Dick presents during the course of the story, but it's a wonderful look into the mind of a man in the midst of a religious experience (and simultaneous psychosis).

Virtual Cafe Awards