• Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

- Upgrade now for supporter only awards! In Three Tiers

-- Agora Gold

-- Agora Silver

-- Agora Bronze

Upgrades like "moods" username customization, profile customization, custom backgrounds, banners and much more!

It will be under Account Upgrades

Submissions for Tales of Agora Road Issue #4 is OPEN! MAKE AGORA CHAN ART BY CLICKING HERE

Have you ever been to a party especially titled to Vaporwave?

TigrEncounter

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
If yes, how was it? I'm longing for a party like that where people would gather in an 80s style place and everyone would just vibe to Vaporwave and stuff. Nothing like this happens in my country but sometimes I saw Vaporwave party posters on some websites for instance in america.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Shrug

Hipster Doofus
Reaction score
Awards
Does getting stoned with your friends and listening to vaporwave in a room with pink and teal lights count as a party? Probably not. At least where I'm from people that have/get invited to parties and people that enjoy vaporwave are pretty different groups lol.

Virtual Cafe Awards

TigrEncounter

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Does getting stoned with your friends and listening to vaporwave in a room with pink and teal lights count as a party? Probably not. At least where I'm from people that have/get invited to parties and people that enjoy vaporwave are pretty different groups lol.
That sounds fucking awesome to me. I'd count it as a party too. But I'm looking for occasions where the party was titled to Vaporwave yknow like DnB or rock festivals and stuff.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ZinRicky

Vapor Number & Data Guy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
zinricky.tilde.team
I remember I went to a "Vaporwave themed night" here. They played a lot of different subgenres and then some classic 80s songs to make people dance.
Sadly it was una tantum

Virtual Cafe Awards

Still a Youth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
that's a kickback

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2652

I threw a small one years ago but haven't had the gumption since to follow up. It was dope. Here's some pointers if you're gonna have one:

- Cassette deck/Record player. Not sure if people are comfortable bringing their own collectibles but we ended up doing a potluck where everyone brought/played albums
- Rgb light strips/bulbs. This is essential!
- Vaporwave posters. I purchased and framed some Mizucat posters beforehand. A good one can really tie the place together.
- Plenty of vidya and movies (ie: Broken Reality, Hotline Miami, Vice City). These are especially good for really small parties.
- Encourage guests to dress up!

Roman busts are nice but unfortunately hard to come by ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sigma Draconis

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Unfortunately, vaporwave in my country is not popular enough to motivate people into making and going to such parties. Even more so in my city. But, if it happened, I would definitely go, even if it was just two or three people drinking cheap wine and listening to playlists on youtube :mrbones:

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
私は何年にもわたっていくつかのパーティーに行ってきました。それらは確かにアメリカに存在しますが、ここ日本ではより一般的であるようです。札幌でのヴェイパーウェイヴパーティーでローズパラドックスを見たのを覚えています。彼女はレイトナイトトランスミッションを含む私のレコードのいくつかに署名しました。そのために行く価値があったと思います

Virtual Cafe Awards