• Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

- Upgrade now for supporter only awards! In Three Tiers

-- Agora Gold

-- Agora Silver

-- Agora Bronze

Upgrades like "moods" username customization, profile customization, custom backgrounds, banners and much more!

It will be under Account Upgrades

Submissions for Tales of Agora Road Issue #4 is OPEN! MAKE AGORA CHAN ART BY CLICKING HERE

Have you ever heard of Go/Weiqi/Baduk, is it better than Chess?

uNtItLeDdOtCoM

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I recently started playing Go/Weiqi/Baduk while living in Japan. I learned to play Chess as a kid, but I am captivated by this amazing game. I'd love to hear your thoughts, comparisons, or anything related to old or ancient strategy games. Let me know what you think.

Go-Game-Wallpaper-9.jpg
Dubrovnik-II-4-inch-walnut_XL.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
Personally, Xiangqi is my strategy game of choice, although I've lost my board and no one I know will play it with me anyway. I used to play it with my sister when she was in the hospital going through chemo and ironically she would get better at the game with the more chemo she had in her. I always liked xiangqi better than chess because the strategy felt a lot more like moving an army around whereas chess is almost about hiding your strategy through the complexity of the board.

Virtual Cafe Awards