Have you ever seen an UFO?

SplitMindTF2

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
there was one time where I had woken up early in the morning and had gone upstairs, I stared out the window and I saw what looked like a large fireball quickly pass like right in front of my house, about 15 feet off the ground I'd say, of course this was probably just because I was extremely sleep deprived

Virtual Cafe Awards

HKara_405

Puzzle solver extremist
Reaction score
Awards
I have. 1989, Craziest time---- mid day after school. Craziest area--- San Francisco, mission district more towards silver ave.
Right in pure daylight.

I was only 8, riding in the back seat of the car, something told me to turn around. I did, and saw the disc shaped metal object with hella lights. I was too stunned to say anything. During that moment time stood still. Once I wanted to say something it was just gone, like in a blink, it was gone.

That summer we left to Turkey to visit family, my aunt watched the house and took all kinds of videos of objects visiting our backyard, right in the middle of mission district.
I will add, I did have a brain tumor removed 3 years ago but maybe they put it there...

Virtual Cafe Awards

brentw

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Luckily i posted this in another thread a while back so copy+paste:

It's not that interesting. More just a "what the fuck was that?" mystery I'll never forget.
It was the early 90's, and I was somewhere between ten and twelve years old.
Playing around around in the gravel driveway/parking-lot of an dog trainers where my grandmother was taking her dog.
It was a semi-rural area, the kinda place where modest homes and small businesses sit on multi-acre lots, at least a quarter mile apart. Nobody else in sight to corroborate my story.

Anyways, I was standing in the middle of the long gravel driveway, picking up pieces of gravel and tossing them at other pieces of gravel, when I heard a humming sound behind me. My thought was, "oh a car is coming I better get out of the driveway". And as I step to the side and turn around to look at the car I see there's no car there.

But before I could even begin to process that thought I see the source of the humming sound. A brilliant, shining golden disk almost as bright as the sun. It streaks across the sky above me, the humming sound doing that doppler effect thing as it passes. I spun around to watch it go and saw it curve to the right and vanish behind a line of trees.

The whole event lasted just a few seconds and to this day I have no clue what it could possibly have been.
One thing that bugs me is I have no idea how big it was or how far away it was. The disk was nearly as bright as looking directly at the sun, moving fast in front of a clear blue sky, so I just couldn't get a handle on the depth/scale. The first thought to dismiss it is, "well it was just the sun", because that's what it kinda looked like. But the sun doesn't zip across the sky in seconds making a humming sound.

If this happened today I would probably dismiss it as a quadcopter with really bright light on it, but this was a LONG time before those existed.
I suppose it's possible it could have been an RC plane with a light on it. But then we didn't have battery operated lights anywhere remotely as bright back then, certainly nothing that could fit on an RC plane. (Seriously, grab the nicest 90's flashlight you can possibly find - probably a big ol' Maglite that takes 4 to 6 D batteries - and compare it to a modern $10 LED flashlight. It's crazy. How did we even see back then?)

TLDR:
Shiny golden disk, nearly as bright as the sun, zips across the sky while making a humming noise.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I saw a very thin, red line in the sky near the horizon while I was walking the dogs with my mum one time. Kind of looked like the trail a flare leaves behind but it never dissipated. There were contrails in the sky but they were just white, not red and not as opaque or thin.

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
Yep, fairly recently too. I was walking home and saw flashing white lights in the sky that were moving at super speed, I mean they were literally zooming from one place to the next.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
I saw 2 UFOs in my life and both times someone was around and saw it too.

1st time: I was maybe 8yo on my way to elementary school. It was late winter, the sun was just rising. I stood at a cross roads, waiting for the green signal. A man on a bike was waiting next to me, we both had a good look at the pretty sunrise when a wierd light on the horizon appeared, stayed for a second and then zoomed away really fast. I looked at the man because I was totally wierded out and he also had a concern in his eyes and then just shrugged and drove away when the traffic light turned green.

2nd time I was about 18 and at a friends house. Her best friend was there too, it was a warm summer night, we were sitting on the back porch. She went inside to pee so it was only me and her best friend, looking up watching the stars when I saw the same as the first time: a light appears, noticeably bigger than the stars around it. It "levitates" for a bit and then just zooms off really really fast, faster than a plane or satellite. Really did not look like a shooting star either.
Again, in disbelief I looked over and she saw it too. But for some reason I was way more wierded out by that. Like she just kinda shrugged it off and I bet she doesn't even remember it anymore but I will never forget these two instances.

There might be rational explanations for these but I found it wierd how calm my two co-observants were about it. I still get goosebumbs remembering it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Rocky

The SPAZ
Reaction score
Awards
Share your stories! :GUFO::stayweirdstamp:
My anecdote is a little more on the mundane side, but here goes. It was dark and I was pissing outside near my house, I like to piss outside in the dark and for a few seconds larp as if I'm some ancient Sumerian but that's besides the point, I saw this bright green streak come crashing down like a meteor would. It never made it to the ground' but as it fizzled out it changed from bright green to this bright red color. I asked my family and friends about it, and there wasn't anything in the papers or local news so it seems I was the only witness. This happened in about 2016 a couple years later I had asked online and I was told that meteorites composed of copper can burn green fire as they disintegrate in the atmosphere.

TL;DR I saw (what was probably) a green meteor fizzle out in the sky, but neither me or anybody else can ID it so it's a UFO

Virtual Cafe Awards

SplitMindTF2

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I like to piss outside in the dark and for a few seconds larp as if I'm some ancient Sumerian but that's besides the point
lmao

Virtual Cafe Awards

Thereal

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I was walking home from my friend's place and when I saw five dim orange lights hovering above the skatepark. They kinda moved in a circular pattern, and after a few seconds one of them faded out. I walked into the park to get a better look, but they all disappeared. It was right after sunset, and I'm pretty sure I was the only one at the park. My friend didn't believe me until after the government disclosed all that ufo stuff which wasn't long after.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Copying my most recent status to this thread, didn't realize there already was a UFO thread:

I have no one to tell this to IRL that would likely believe me, but last night I saw my first UFOs and it was spine-chilling to see.

I was lying on my back on a dock at around 3:30AM and noticed what I thought was a satellite at first, but it stopped and started going backwards. I watched in awe for almost 2 hours as it made S-curves, perpendicular right-angle turns, all while stopping and starting again. Sometimes it would go so fast that the single light I saw would look like a faint line (from my perspective it would stretch out to about half an inch). Eventually another one showed up at around 4:30 and whenever it would move, the original light would move as well, as if they were in sync.

That night I saw actual satellites, planes, and shooting stars, but never have I seen anything like this. I wanted to believe it was something else, like a drone, and I wasn't much of a believer in UFOs until last night. Hoping to see it again tomorrow morning.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
I should become a mod.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ECHETLAEUS

GLOBALISTS HAVE THE POWER, BUT GOD THE FINAL WORD
Reaction score
Awards
I haven't seen a UFO, but I have seen fleets of my friend Elon's satellites crossing the night sky several times.

Virtual Cafe Awards