1648974025382.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
If he's all for decentralization and free speech why did he let so many people on his platform get banned for saying gamer words and discussing fringe conspiracies? Why did he set the precedent of deplatforming world leaders after a little trolling at the US Capital? If you're pro-decentralization then you wouldn't let your jannies try to play thought police.

The only old web principle Dorsey adhered to was his nonprofit approach to his service since he was too incompetent to ever make Twitter profitable.

Virtual Cafe Awards
there is absolutely nothing consistent about how twitter enforces rules on it's platform. the invisible botmoderation was fully gamed almost a decade ago.

there are a number of accounts that seem invincible for a time, that are either resurrected when yours can't be or just keep going because someone, somewhere in charge has for whatever reason decided to let it keep going for as long as they plausibly can. there is zero accountability and no chain of custody for any moderation decision, so in all honesty you're better off assuming the worst about every time they ban an account or let a bad account keep going.

it is a complete and total black box.

Virtual Cafe Awards

cynthiune

DM me cool y2k / tiled desktop wallpapers
Reaction score
Awards
If I were him I would not even bother saying anything. He's so far removed from the common person, and so grossly late to the party saying something like this, there is no hope in any sense of forgiveness. I would cry tears of relief watching him and the other tech billionaires hang. What they've done to the human race is appalling in ways not even the most evil entity could describe.

Virtual Cafe Awards
You can still redeem yourself jack, delete twitter, permanently.
It wouldn't take long for another site to become the new Twitter. Plus, he's no longer CEO of Twitter anymore and has left an Indian dude with clear distaste of the US Bill of Rights in charge.

All the social media sites had to do, really, is not fucking intervene in convos or keep a neutral path when it comes to social and political issues and all of them had failed doing so.

Virtual Cafe Awards

GhostCow

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
It wouldn't take long for another site to become the new Twitter. Plus, he's no longer CEO of Twitter anymore and has left an Indian dude with clear distaste of the US Bill of Rights in charge.

All the social media sites had to do, really, is not fucking intervene in convos or keep a neutral path when it comes to social and political issues and all of them had failed doing so.
Seems like Gab has done a pretty good job of this to me. It's to the point where I'm instantly suspicious of anyone who promotes another social media platform instead of Gab. Like Elon for example.

Virtual Cafe Awards

-SteampunkTraveler-

Some Random Occultist
Reaction score
Awards
Website
boardsofthenorth.freeforums.net
If he's all for decentralization and free speech why did he let so many people on his platform get banned for saying gamer words and discussing fringe conspiracies? Why did he set the precedent of deplatforming world leaders after a little trolling at the US Capital? If you're pro-decentralization then you wouldn't let your jannies try to play thought police.

The only old web principle Dorsey adhered to was his nonprofit approach to his service since he was too incompetent to ever make Twitter profitable.
Maybe he was forced to ban them by an Outside force or by governments? Cause there are "Anti-Hate speech" laws in Canada and other countries(Basically Newspeak typa shit) but yeah, maybe u are right. He may be just trying to appeal to the "people"

Virtual Cafe Awards