Homebrew & Retro Modding

jdnt

happy 1992!
Reaction score
Awards
I have some custom firmware on my PSP with retro Nintendo emulators like the SNES and N64. Its much more convenient than the Switch lol.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ATOMSK

Pirate King
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Nothing too crazy, but I did this backlight LCD mod on a teal GBC I got on eBay. I was just gonna buy one, but when I saw the prices for pre-modded GBCs I figured I'd give it a try myself.

giphy.gif

Virtual Cafe Awards

consonant

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
i homebrewed a 2DS a pretty long time ago. i had a few hiccups i think but i enjoyed it a lot. it was one of the more technical things i had ever done at the time and getting new features on my device was pretty cool too.

i took for granted how cool it is that homebrew exists though. it probably takes a lot of work to mod closed source nintendo products and it kinda makes me wanna work to being able to do the same thing.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 3578

I don't program or mod myself, but I'm big on old school Sega shit. I gotta shoutout SMSPower.org - they host and curate a lot of info and community about the hardware and retro stuff, while also keeping up to date with the current scene. There's a yearly SMS coding scene/showcase, and you can find all/most of the fruits here. And they been goin' since 97. Badass shit.

Linked is a page of collected roms n such.