how and where to start with Vaporwave making?

Kreislauf

Pepsi inspector
Reaction score
Awards
I really want to create high-quality and even sample-less vaporwave but i really have no idea where to start. Every time i open Fl studio or Ableton i get frustrated and shy away. Any tips on how and where to start?

Virtual Cafe Awards

SELCOUTH

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I really want to create high-quality and even sample-less vaporwave but i really have no idea where to start. Every time i open Fl studio or Ableton i get frustrated and shy away. Any tips on how and where to start?
Challenge yourself. Try picking 10 sounds out of your library and see if you can make a song out of them. If I'm feeling uninspired I'll pick 10 sounds usually in this order
5 Drums (1 snare, 1 kick, 1 open hat, 1 perc, 1closed hat)
1 Pad or string
2 synth plucks or shortened sounds
1 vocal sample
1 random item

Challenge yourself to make something out of these. You can even challenge yourself to search for a type of track by keyword and then try to flip whatever track comes up in the search.
If this fails, try watching some videos on sound design/production. You might have outgrown your skillset and are in need of new tools in your arsenal. It can get boring and repetitive to use the same strategies, even if the end result sounds good. By building your production skills not only are you going to be better at making music, you'll open up more ideas and ways to achieve older ideas through simpler means. I hope this helps you along the way.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kreislauf

Pepsi inspector
Reaction score
Awards
Challenge yourself. Try picking 10 sounds out of your library and see if you can make a song out of them. If I'm feeling uninspired I'll pick 10 sounds usually in this order
5 Drums (1 snare, 1 kick, 1 open hat, 1 perc, 1closed hat)
1 Pad or string
2 synth plucks or shortened sounds
1 vocal sample
1 random item

Challenge yourself to make something out of these. You can even challenge yourself to search for a type of track by keyword and then try to flip whatever track comes up in the search.
If this fails, try watching some videos on sound design/production. You might have outgrown your skillset and are in need of new tools in your arsenal. It can get boring and repetitive to use the same strategies, even if the end result sounds good. By building your production skills not only are you going to be better at making music, you'll open up more ideas and ways to achieve older ideas through simpler means. I hope this helps you along the way.
Thank you. I am gonna try it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

Put your hands on random keys on your piano

Do this 4 times

Boom. You have a chord progression

Or learn 7th and 9th (major and minor) chord shapes and mix and match them

Pretty much all I've ever done

Lukeas1111

My dad owns Microsoft >:(
Reaction score
Awards