Website
boardsofthenorth.freeforums.net
found it on r/jointhelegion

Virtual Cafe Awards

Civuyk

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Ok, considering Agora is called the "best kept secret of the internet," I'm starting to wonder how everybody found this amazing (and obscure) site. I'm sure at least one of us has a slightly interesting story.

Mine's pretty boring, was scrolling around the comment section on a site about aesthetics, see someone mention Agora, decide its a good thing to check out, then here I am a couple months later and it's basically my favorite site.

xxxxxxx
I read about the dark Internet theory on 4chan

Then I start reading more about that, and this place was mentioned on an article, I don't remember where

So I enter in and I kind of liked what I saw. I don't post much, just reading because I'm not confortable enough using english yet

It's not really interesting. But of course I could be lyng, maybe I am the pope and this place was revealed to me in a dream like the born place of the antichrist

And I'm just waiting, learning and preparing to the final batle for the glory of God

Bless you

Virtual Cafe Awards

NW_Cryptid

Transcendent Coalescence
Reaction score
Awards
I don't intend to make this sound any more "mysterious" or "deep" than it really is, because if anything it's just my poor memory. However, that being said I can't exactly remember how I ended up here. I've been into Vaporwave and related topics ever since I first heard "Vector Graphics - Destine" on Artzie Music's youtube channel back in 2014. I often lurk in forums like this one as I find the aesthetics to be nostalgic and entertaining, though I rarely participate in discussions and topics.

I very likely stumbled upon this site a long time before I ever made an account, I have it tucked away in my bookmarks but only picked it up as a more frequent lurker as of last year. As a result I'm generally left unsure of how I found this site, but if I had to venture a guess my best estimate would be that I discovered it through the Nightwave Plaza as I was a frequent listener even before I found this website.

Sorry for the rather boring answer but I thought I'd toss my two cents into the pool so to speak.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Was looking for a website I could kill time on that also wasn't blocked by my garbage school filter, looked up "vaporwave forums" and this was the first result lol

Virtual Cafe Awards

trick

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I think the dead internet theory post has done more to increase traffic than anything else, that's how I found this place.

Virtual Cafe Awards

manpaint

̴̘̈́ ̵̲̾ ̸̯̎ ̴͓̀ ̸̳͝ ̸͈͑ ̴̡̋ ̸̞̂ ̴̰̚ ̵̨̔ ̸̭̎
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
Everything atarted when I heard that VR Chat supossedly upheld the spirit of the old web.

This got me curious and I searched for old web projects.

I eventually found Neocities, then a website is a room which had a link to Agora Road.

[Tr4sh_Kun]

(Kinda) Social Isolationist
Reaction score
Awards
I was reading random articles in Wikitubia, I stumbled upon MrMetokur's article and it said he owns this place, I don't know who is MrMetokur nor watched his videos but it said this website was about vaporwave and stuff so I checked it out and after a few days lurking i made an account

Virtual Cafe Awards

dorgon

Violently Peaceful
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
dorgon.neocities.org
was minding my business walking home from work when I saw a white van pull up. the guy in the van offered me some candy and I said yes (i love candy). I got in the van and was blindfolded and beaten unconscious. then when i woke up I found myself here. please help me escape i want to see my family agai

Virtual Cafe Awards
I was reading random articles in Wikitubia, I stumbled upon MrMetokur's article and it said he owns this place, I don't know who is MrMetokur nor watched his videos but it said this website was about vaporwave and stuff so I checked it out and after a few days lurking i made an account
He's a funny man. Wish there was more of him

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
was minding my business walking home from work when I saw a white van pull up. the guy in the van offered me some candy and I said yes (i love candy). I got in the van and was blindfolded and beaten unconscious. then when i woke up I found myself here. please help me escape i want to see my family agai
I was the one who did that. They'll never find you.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Was talking to a guy about how MGS and real world shit seems to connected and we were spewing both realistic and insane conspiracy theories we held—both regarding the games and IRL—and eventually he linked me the (in)famous post of that guy talking about "Dead Internet Theory"

Thereafter, I poked my nose around and found that this site's culture isn't dogshit like imageboard forums and decided to join :D:

power gem

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
i just kept ending up here. i think the first time i was looking for info about the global village coffeehouse aesthetic and found the aesthetic highlights threads. another time i was searching for stuff about an obscure topic and found that an effortpost i'd made on another site about the subject had been reposted here (i don't really want to mention what it was for opsec reasons but trust me, it's an honor...) also kept seeing ads on something awful, shit site but i still use it for some threads. i lurked for a long time because i didn't have anything to post.

Virtual Cafe Awards