How did you discover Agora Road?

Mamisu

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
It was an article by vice I think. I can't remember.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I watched some youtube video about the dead internet theory and the guy mentioned Agora raods I wouldn't have checked it out but he showed an image of the homepage with all of it's customization. I thought it looked coolso I checked it out and found out it was also about vaporwave wich I love so I hung around for a bit and made an account just to be able to tweak at the customizable graphics of the site I'm a massive fan of customization)

Virtual Cafe Awards

PizzaW0lf

In search of something greater.
Reaction score
Awards
A video led me to this place. Mainly out of curiosity and in general, being a guy that likes to hear conspiracies and other mystery-related things. Now the Youtube channel is a bit normie-ish but regardless, he was the only guy that ever covered the dead internet topic. Also, I was pretty fed up with the internet in general.

This is the video.

View: https://youtu.be/DEn758DVF9I

There's another video that helped fuel my desire for a more human internet and was a part of my awakening.

View: https://youtu.be/BDsUxBlWM44

Virtual Cafe Awards

№56

Self-Hating Bureaucrat
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
no56.neocities.org
I found Agora while I was browsing random Neocities pages. I eventually stumbled upon this list of forums, and saw Agora Road near the bottom with the caption "Old internet shitposting".
View attachment 62703
Had to censor one of the names to abide by rule 4. You can probably guess what it says though.

A lot of people came here because of the Dead Internet Theory. What's weird is that I've known about that for at least a couple years now, yet I didn't come across Agora until recently. I guess I only heard about it in passing and didn't think to dig any deeper. It always stuck with me though because it makes a lot of sense.
What site did that list come from?

Virtual Cafe Awards

aYEOEt41yr

xVbllJFFVs
Reaction score
Awards
Searched on the net for forums online that were still active and in a thread where someone was saying there aren't any, someone linked this site without further context

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
I thought I had replied to this one. Guess I didn't.
One of my friends linked the actual dead internet theory thread in our discord and after poking around the site I decided that I wanted to join because it was very clear to me that this place was somewhere where actual human beings could converse on the web while offering very different opinions to each other. It's been pretty much exactly a year since I found this place, holy crap

Virtual Cafe Awards

UCD

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Hey, there are 333 guests right now, around 3x more than usual. One of you please make an account and tell us where you came from because I can't find it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
a slow anonymous message board has a huge thread with 500+ replies where people gather interesting places online and that's how I found this place.

Virtual Cafe Awards

UCD

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
There's a video that was released 10 days ago by the Youtuber All Time so I wonder if it's that
Yeah Someone mentioned when the video was released and there was no noticable uptick in guests. I checked the video again today and from the recent comments and viewcount, there hasn't really been an algorithm boost or anything.

Virtual Cafe Awards

s0ren

who cares
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Hey, there are 333 guests right now, around 3x more than usual. One of you please make an account and tell us where you came from because I can't find it.
Could just be bots. If you go to essentially dead forums, many will have 100s of bots lurking listed as "guests." Fake tourists overcrowding Internet ruins.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I read about it on r/RedditAlternatives. I love traditional forums and I am very sad that nowadays most of them died/is dying, so when I saw that this forum is actually alive, immeditately registered.
Haha redditor.

Virtual Cafe Awards