How do you make Vaporwave graphic design?

Trashboat

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I enjoy doing vaporwave edits on GIMP every now and then, but I always feel liks I'm relearning the process. Here's one I did about fighting games a good while ago. I generally go for making the canvas as crowded as possible and a bluish/purple color screen over the image. I'd like to do more glitchy stuff, but that's hard to do in a quick manner.

Attachments

• EhRYZblWoAMKXdt.jpg
    EhRYZblWoAMKXdt.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 206
Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
これは素晴らしい質問です。ヴェイパーウェイブのデザインは、音楽制作とはまったく別の世界です。本物の感触を得るには、その時代のコンピューターを使用してデザインを実現することをお勧めします。コレクターズエディションのインドウを入手するか、さらに凝った気分になったら、古いアップルソフトウェアを手に入れてみてください。あなたがそれのどれも買う余裕がないならば、私はマイクロソフトペイントを提案します、それはすぐに利用できる最もノスタルジックなプログラムです。究極的には、重要なのは、明らかな現代のデジタル操作と、視聴者が見ているものが昔はあったかもしれないというもっともらしさのバランスをとることです。不信の停止が鍵です。

Virtual Cafe Awards
My to-go tool is Adobe Photoshop, especially their Save for web function, I still use that to give my graphics that web 1.0 dither effect! For moving images I mainly use After Effects. I used Cinema 4D in the past, but it was a non-commercial student version, so I'm currently learning Blender so I can make 3D graphics without having to worry about licenses and legality.

I sometimes also convert my motion graphics to dithered gifs using Photoshop.

I have yet to try vintage software, but Bryce, the old 3D software that Zer0 れい uses does look interesting, FM Skyline tweeted a render he made with Strata Vision and it looked nice as well!

I also saved a collection of Windows 95/98 shareware CDs that my grandfather had collected in his old apartment, and one of the CDs came with old graphic design software for CD covers and business cards etc

Attachments

• IMG_20210223_135643_967.jpg
    IMG_20210223_135643_967.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 109
Virtual Cafe Awards