How do you promote your music?

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
What are some methods do you use to promote your music? What are some tips that you would have for a newbie to start promoting their vaporwave tracks?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Adeptus Minor

Adeptus Records.
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.adeptusminor.com
I've been trying to find forums like this one to share. >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk has a big community but I cannot stand reddit. Especially the vaporwave forum. All they do is tell you that your stuff is "not real vaporwave" Whatever that means!! I enjoy this forum much better. I hope it grows, as everyone here seems to be very friendly and actually cares about music. I also have alt-tech accounts on Minds, Bitchute, Gab etc.. which will probably be the next big players. Can't hurt to get in early.

Virtual Cafe Awards

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
Adeptus Minor said:
I've been trying to find forums like this one to share. >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk has a big community but I cannot stand reddit. Especially the vaporwave forum. All they do is tell you that your stuff is "not real vaporwave" Whatever that means!! I enjoy this forum much better. I hope it grows, as everyone here seems to be very friendly and actually cares about music. I also have alt-tech accounts on Minds, Bitchute, Gab etc.. which will probably be the next big players. Can't hurt to get in early.
Aye! I got 3 of those. Yeah alt-tech is the way to go! Just search agoraroad up :). I just wish more vaporwave fans go there

Virtual Cafe Awards

petemitchell

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I'm terrible with self-promotion. Getting on a label was a really good move for me, they end up doing all the promoting for you, freeing you up to just produce.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ak-ultra

beach bitch
Reaction score
Website
ak-ultra.bandcamp.com
I just plug my shit on twitter as much as possible. A label definitely helps, but it'll take time if the label itself is new.
Either or, keep on promoting, trying to get on labels, etc. You'll get a big break someday!

Sheep

make trash not war|| i work for PSM
Reaction score
Website
privatesuitemag.com
I've been just dumping stuff on my twitter or on my facebook page.

My pleasure is moreso in working on singles for compilations. I like to be able to help other people to make their dreams actualizations. It's been fun working with people in this manner.

reQverb

zen and back again
Reaction score
Awards
Website
soundcloud.com
Generally twitter and >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk, I don't do a whole lot of social media, which is probably holding me back lol.

Virtual Cafe Awards

svbcvltvre

aestethic since forever. 永遠から美学。
Reaction score
Website
open.spotify.com
I do use >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk for the most part, r/makingvaporwave is really useful, at least to me.

reQverb

zen and back again
Reaction score
Awards
Website
soundcloud.com
r/makingvaporwave is a decent subreddit as far as the vw themed subreddits go. there are some really helpful people in there.

Virtual Cafe Awards