How do you stay up to date on current events?

• Thread starter WKYK
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 2400 times.

Vetusomaru

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vetusomaru.dreamwidth.org
I don't live in a bug town. My friends aren't bug people so it wasn't a conversation topic until gas went crazy.
I saw ukraine flags but wyipeepo having flags and stuff related to their ancestry its pretty normal around here, irish people are crazy about it, I just thought nothing of it.

I don't follow news that includes videogames news, I learned when gas prices went crazy.
I dont live in a bug town either but when you reguarly use the internet or other people at your home watch tv it's impossible to not learn certain news even if you try hard to avoid watching the news.

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Very true, there in particular are many tweets that are manipulated and memed. On screen caps we have to do a touch better and look for shops. Both sides use propaganda, I just happen to think based on deductive reasoning that the right is typically actually right most of the time. The left always seems to misrepresent arguments, and distort facts, or withhold facts when they want to manipulate.

Honestly, the left can't meme either. The presence of actual comedy usally means it's more truthy. I've been coining it "Elon's Razor" : The funnier the meme, the more likely it is to be striking at the heart of the matter, or more or less, accurate.
An unironic left vs right dichotomist? guys we found one they're breaching containment

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

pronoundisrespecter

Raw Honey Defender
Reaction score
Awards
I'm blissfully aware of most of the culture war which keeps my stress levels down. I'm way too busy going on walks with my hands clasped behind my back like an elderly man to care about whatever celebrity was in trouble for doing wrongthink on Twitter that week.
Despite that I still often catch bits and pieces from people in real life, or friends try to rope me into their little rants about stuff they saw on the news that struck a nerve with them.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sketch Relics

Quiet Traveller
Reaction score
Awards
A fairly wide variety of sources to try and cover blind spots, from 4chan, to various news websites, to comment sections, to forums like this one in an attempt to gain a better perspective.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
The local news on the radio will tell me if anything that actually affects me happened like I got blowed up or the weather. There's not much spin in the little five-minute news package they play every hour and it literally has everything you actually need to know. Other than that, I read articles I find interesting, usually they're about tech, economics, or people's lifestyles, and don't worry too much about the latest 24-hour news-cycle. I've been on this planet 39 years and it feels like I've been hearing the world is about to end for 30 of them.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards