how long to make a song?

paradox

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
To all the vaporwave producer here, how long do you take to make a song? just curious.

For me the entire process can take half an hour or a whole month (and a crazy one is requiring me a whole year ahah)

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
興味深い質問です。それは私にとってもさまざまだと思います。ステレオチャンネルをいじって両耳の曲を違うものにするかどうかなど、いくつかの要因によって異なります。リスナーの脳を混乱させるためだけにそれをするのが好きなこともありますが、それは制作時間に追加されます

Virtual Cafe Awards
Usually, just short sessions of 30 minutes to a few hours spread over several days. Sometimes I finish the whole song within a day and don't touch it for weeks until I open it again and start fixing small details lol I generally enjoy not touching my songs for weeks and hearing them for the first time again because sometimes it sounds much better when you're hearing it again than when you've been working on it all day long.

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
Usually, just short sessions of 30 minutes to a few hours spread over several days. Sometimes I finish the whole song within a day and don't touch it for weeks until I open it again and start fixing small details lol I generally enjoy not touching my songs for weeks and hearing them for the first time again because sometimes it sounds much better when you're hearing it again than when you've been working on it all day long.
それに完全に同意します。アルバムは、完成すると常に良い音になり、一生懸命取り組んでいるときよりも、座って仕事の成果を楽しむことができます。報酬はすべての労力をはるかに上回っていると思います。

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

Overall, maybe a few hours.

I usually spend about 30 minutes at the start, then come back to them intermittently over the next however long

when inspiration strikes, I like milking out as much of a song as I can in that inital burst. once the IDEA is sketched out, I can come back later and add to it, work on the arrangement, etc.

for me, songs really revolve around good chord progressions, so once I get those on "tape", I can figure out the other stuff later

Deleted member 1043

To all the vaporwave producer here, how long do you take to make a song? just curious.

For me the entire process can take half an hour or a whole month (and a crazy one is requiring me a whole year ahah)
It really depends on the song. Sometimes it can take less than an hour, other times a month. On average though, whenever you think it is finished (after showing some people for feedback) is usually a safe answer.

VirtualDepravity

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
usually 1-2 hours, after that i listen back to it and just feel utter disgust, I'm like this with everything I make... also I try not to use samples, like ever because i think "sampleless" Vaporwave is pretty exciting I have a bunch of unfinished half baked melodies on my google drive, but knowing me i will never have the willpower to finish them.

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
usually 1-2 hours, after that i listen back to it and just feel utter disgust, I'm like this with everything I make... also I try not to use samples, like ever because i think "sampleless" Vaporwave is pretty exciting I have a bunch of unfinished half baked melodies on my google drive, but knowing me i will never have the willpower to finish them.
それは興味深い創造的なプロセスです。嫌悪感だけを目的に物を作る人のことは聞いたことがありません

Virtual Cafe Awards

thedigitalhaunt

nant rhas las
Reaction score
Awards
Website
infinitesyncstudios.bandcamp.com

it really depends on the type of song, I used to be able to make an album in a night (that was years ago), if I'm making an album (that would count as a "main series" album) it takes me about a month per song from initial idea to a full mix (also depending on if there are instruments on it), if it's for a slushwave project it might take a week-ish but if its a non-sample-based one it would also take about a month or more, the longer I've spent on a song is about a year, I was working on a cover and I wanted it to sound perfect, I also recently produced a song for my college and all in all it to about a week for us to write, record, overdub and another week for me to mix and master the song.

Virtual Cafe Awards

kamichan504

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
linktr.ee

Depends on what I'm working on. Somewhere between 15 mins - 1 hr.

Virtual Cafe Awards
:p I use material that I've listened to for at least a month. Since I know what parts I would like to use, it takes 2 hours because I like to properly time and cut the audio (I also struggle with FL11 reactivating auto-scroll because I run it on Wine).

Virtual Cafe Awards