How the life will look like in postpandemic world.

Sweet n' Comfy

Lovely Comfy Days
Reaction score
Awards
i dont remember seeing 'right wing means you can make art, left wing means you can't' anywhere on the wikipedia page for political spectrum, though
I think it's more about a really interesting thought, about the profit-driven aspect of most left-wing so-called "art" that's reduced it to a mere consume experience with political touches.

I think the so-called "art" opt guy is talking about is stuff like the following:
b02ddf9fe9318c5c14f2a240c9fe6735.jpg

This is nothing more than the act of the expression of the existentialist consciousness based upon a spiritual understanding of reality that makes the soul rise. Such an "art" concept would agree with the "right-winger qualities" opt guy is sperging out about. Take Wagner by example of Right Winger art.

In comparison left-wing art is more of a fancy consuming exercise of media with political touches in opposition to the existentialist soul-rising art opt guy spergs about; left-winger art would be no different from paying for bourgeois hedonism plus politics. Let's take as an example the following: "One Hundred Years Of Solitude" (heavily biased and unfair against conservatism in Colombia, will be taken as left-winger propaganda) and music like Vaporwave when being considered as "late stage capitalism critique" (will be leftist too).

Let's start with the Vaporwave one as it's the most fun: it's just consuming a perceived-as-intellectual cultural and political critique musical experience. It isn't a soul-rising as the art opt guy spergs out about, because it's more about nihilism and the perceived defeat of the unfair capitalism system by scientific marxism and also mocking the capitalist profit-seeking culture. Vaporwave doesn't demand any effort from the viewer, it's nicely packaged and ready for consume entertainment. The greatest irony comes when Vaporwave becomes a product that complies with the capitalist profit intention. The artist who mocks the capitalism for its soul-less profit seeking now is the one seeking the profit, selling his art that critiques selling. The reason why people exalt this so called art is because they like consuming the experience listening to vaporwave provide and its political ideas that they agree with.

One hundred years of solitude is similar, it isn't art based upon the soul-rising existentialist aspect but rather upon the consuming of the pretty well-developed experience the reading of the book provides, no different from liking a mundane scary movie because of the great scary experience watching it provides. It isn't soul-rising, as such that book made by that guy who wanted to be a mexican gets pretty depressing sometimes. The credentialism it possesses just makes it an even better fancy consumable product for the bourgeois that wants to be perceived as intellectual by his peers and will gladly consume whatever the "experts" will tell him is the best. It's true this book is great, of course it's great, but it isn't true art, it won't lift your soul, it's just a cleverly designed drama that provides a great experience and will make you think conservatism in Colombia was evil but nothing else.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Yes, I am glad you understand what I mean. I have lost everyone in this. My friends and family, only because they don't wanna talk to me anymore as I am not vaccinated. I don't get the wall being made between us, we aren't bonding anymore, it is only getting us apart, especially with the mandatory passes etc. I don't think the government is realizing how much division this is creating in us. Very sad.
I'm completely blown away how people in my country (Aus) have so quickly forgotten their own rights to freedom and exercised social / political pressure to treat unvaccinated as second class citizens. No one even bats an eyelid about vaccines becoming 100% mandatory.

Not saying I'm well versed on this but honestly the nuance in all these issues is lost on everyone, we've quickly devolved into authoritarians.

Virtual Cafe Awards

cybercola

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I think it's more about a really interesting thought, about the profit-driven aspect of most left-wing so-called "art" that's reduced it to a mere consume experience with political touches.

I think the so-called "art" opt guy is talking about is stuff like the following:
b02ddf9fe9318c5c14f2a240c9fe6735.jpg

This is nothing more than the act of the expression of the existentialist consciousness based upon a spiritual understanding of reality that makes the soul rise. Such an "art" concept would agree with the "right-winger qualities" opt guy is sperging out about. Take Wagner by example of Right Winger art.

In comparison left-wing art is more of a fancy consuming exercise of media with political touches in opposition to the existentialist soul-rising art opt guy spergs about; left-winger art would be no different from paying for bourgeois hedonism plus politics. Let's take as an example the following: "One Hundred Years Of Solitude" (heavily biased and unfair against conservatism in Colombia, will be taken as left-winger propaganda) and music like Vaporwave when being considered as "late stage capitalism critique" (will be leftist too).

Let's start with the Vaporwave one as it's the most fun: it's just consuming a perceived-as-intellectual cultural and political critique musical experience. It isn't a soul-rising as the art opt guy spergs out about, because it's more about nihilism and the perceived defeat of the unfair capitalism system by scientific marxism and also mocking the capitalist profit-seeking culture. Vaporwave doesn't demand any effort from the viewer, it's nicely packaged and ready for consume entertainment. The greatest irony comes when Vaporwave becomes a product that complies with the capitalist profit intention. The artist who mocks the capitalism for its soul-less profit seeking now is the one seeking the profit, selling his art that critiques selling. The reason why people exalt this so called art is because they like consuming the experience listening to vaporwave provide and its political ideas that they agree with.

One hundred years of solitude is similar, it isn't art based upon the soul-rising existentialist aspect but rather upon the consuming of the pretty well-developed experience the reading of the book provides, no different from liking a mundane scary movie because of the great scary experience watching it provides. It isn't soul-rising, as such that book made by that guy who wanted to be a mexican gets pretty depressing sometimes. The credentialism it possesses just makes it an even better fancy consumable product for the bourgeois that wants to be perceived as intellectual by his peers and will gladly consume whatever the "experts" will tell him is the best. It's true this book is great, of course it's great, but it isn't true art, it won't lift your soul, it's just a cleverly designed drama that provides a great experience and will make you think conservatism in Colombia was evil but nothing else.
All this is well and good but what exactly makes a piece of art 'soul lifting'? What about the painting you posted specifically is so great (or right-wing, for that matter)?
can I also reduce your argument to a simple 'right wing art is good because it isn't preachy/has no overt message'? Both your examples of left-wing art are works that are obviously political. But there's things like fashwave which use vaporwave with explicitly right-wing symbolism. Ignoring arguments about where on the reductive political spectrum nazism lies, that's supposedly left-wing art made with right wing values. Where does that drop it in this debate?

There's also an awful lot of modern art where the message is vague, or nonsense, or otherwise just not explicitly political in nature - but it's also not realism, which is the kind of art that classical conservatives of the "Remember what they took from you" ilk would turn their noses up at because it's not traditionally painted portraits of white people. In fact, it's specifically poised against realism, and at the same time that was seeing a resurgence in communist Russia. Where does something like expressionism fall into this right-left dichotomy we're trying to define?

NFTs, also, big thing these days. That's about as pure an example you can get of art made for profit, but there is no critique being made. It is pure garbage, often algorithmically made, a literal heaven for techbros and ancaps and right-wing libertarians, getting rich off of the simple idea that you own some thing and can sell that ownership, like a real estate market for pixels. Doesn't even matter what that thing is, but it's art, and you own it, and you can sell it based off of market speculation. There is absolutely zero message behind a CryptoPunk. It's absolutely not soul-rising. Politically, it's a capitalist's wet dream. Is it right wing art?

Where do cave paintings fall into this? What part about Ugg's drawing of him killing a mammoth is soul-rising? Is it not just portraying the lived experience of Ugg, who stabbed a mammoth with a spear? There's nothing spiritual about it.

I guess what I'm trying to say with these examples is that you can't really define art as naturally right or left wing. Art can have messages, those messages can be right or left wing, or they could be neither. All this argument really gives me is a repackaging of the kind of navel-gazing the higher echelons of the art world do with regards to high art vs pop culture. Or, as someone pointed out a few posts back, we're wasting our time trying to win an esoteric argument. I really don't see the need to categorize art you like and art you don't like the message of as one being superior to the other, unless you really like the smug feeling of being smart for not being like everyone else (which would be fair).

Virtual Cafe Awards
All this is well and good but what exactly makes a piece of art 'soul lifting'? What about the painting you posted specifically is so great (or right-wing, for that matter)?
can I also reduce your argument to a simple 'right wing art is good because it isn't preachy/has no overt message'? Both your examples of left-wing art are works that are obviously political. But there's things like fashwave which use vaporwave with explicitly right-wing symbolism. Ignoring arguments about where on the reductive political spectrum nazism lies, that's supposedly left-wing art made with right wing values. Where does that drop it in this debate?

There's also an awful lot of modern art where the message is vague, or nonsense, or otherwise just not explicitly political in nature - but it's also not realism, which is the kind of art that classical conservatives of the "Remember what they took from you" ilk would turn their noses up at because it's not traditionally painted portraits of white people. In fact, it's specifically poised against realism, and at the same time that was seeing a resurgence in communist Russia. Where does something like expressionism fall into this right-left dichotomy we're trying to define?

NFTs, also, big thing these days. That's about as pure an example you can get of art made for profit, but there is no critique being made. It is pure garbage, often algorithmically made, a literal heaven for techbros and ancaps and right-wing libertarians, getting rich off of the simple idea that you own some thing and can sell that ownership, like a real estate market for pixels. Doesn't even matter what that thing is, but it's art, and you own it, and you can sell it based off of market speculation. There is absolutely zero message behind a CryptoPunk. It's absolutely not soul-rising. Politically, it's a capitalist's wet dream. Is it right wing art?

Where do cave paintings fall into this? What part about Ugg's drawing of him killing a mammoth is soul-rising? Is it not just portraying the lived experience of Ugg, who stabbed a mammoth with a spear? There's nothing spiritual about it.

I guess what I'm trying to say with these examples is that you can't really define art as naturally right or left wing. Art can have messages, those messages can be right or left wing, or they could be neither. All this argument really gives me is a repackaging of the kind of navel-gazing the higher echelons of the art world do with regards to high art vs pop culture. Or, as someone pointed out a few posts back, we're wasting our time trying to win an esoteric argument. I really don't see the need to categorize art you like and art you don't like the message of as one being superior to the other, unless you really like the smug feeling of being smart for not being like everyone else (which would be fair).
I agree, this is a really strange line of thinking that valuable art leans one way or the other. I think we'd all benefit in our lives if we tried to excise politics from other aspects of our lives as much as possible.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Away

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I'm completely blown away how people in my country (Aus) have so quickly forgotten their own rights to freedom and exercised social / political pressure to treat unvaccinated as second class citizens. No one even bats an eyelid about vaccines becoming 100% mandatory.

Not saying I'm well versed on this but honestly the nuance in all these issues is lost on everyone, we've quickly devolved into authoritarians.
It's the same here in Canada. I'm on the west coast so it's especially bad, but to see how quickly eveyone threw all their morals, values, and principles in the toilet for the CHANCE of increased safety is so disheartening.

Virtual Cafe Awards

It was a prison colony, so I am not surprised it was given up so easily. Turns out the highly individualistic countries tend to fare far better against covid than the sheeple nations.

You live in a sheeple nation.

I live in a shark nation. Sharks are winners and they don't look back because they don't have necks. Also if you hadn't given up all your guns you would've made the government more fearful of tough restrictions. All countries with well armed civilians have light covid restrictions. Even the poor ones.

Virtual Cafe Awards

elia925-6

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I've heard that lockdowns will end in my country which is good news. Tomorrow i will go back to university to attend in person classes again. I miss to meet new people, to feel that i have many opportunities and new experiences and my life going forward. Also i got the 2nd moderna dose and everything is fine.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I've heard that lockdowns will end in my country which is good news. Tomorrow i will go back to university to attend in person classes again. I miss to meet new people, to feel that i have many opportunities and new experiences and my life going forward. Also i got the 2nd moderna dose and everything is fine.
There haven't been any lockdowns here in America for over a year and a half now. Lmfao. The government knows if they lock down that people will ignore. On average since at least April May of 2020.

Lockdowns do not work. What works is letting the infection spread and letting those who are strong defeat it and become naturally immune so they can protect the weak.

The vaccine isn't even effective anymore, some countries have managed to flatten the curve vertically. ROFL.

85% vaccinated and now the curve has been flattened.
FBM_wqjX0AAVTIE.jpeg

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

14-27

Really? This is what you are going with?
Reaction score
Awards
it doesn't matter if you're left or right, if you don't have game and a solid valuable skillset then life is gonna suck and you're gonna be stuck bitching on obscure forums until your ticker putters out. Focus your energy on learning to be effortlessly likeable, rather than winning esoteric arguments. If you keep emotionally investing into rarefied ideologies, people are just gonna think you're a fag and not want to work with you. It's ultimately a lot more rewarding, and progressively easier, to just be cool and normal instead of debating shit like race-theory and gate-keeping creative work.
Good, I look forward to death. And don't give a fuck if you like me. You post "covid" world is hurtling of a cliff into self made hell.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but all you have to do is look at America post 9/11. Long after we learned the perpetrators were misidentified, long after we found out that the war in the middle east was over oil, long after any major airline attack occurred, we have even tighter restrictions than when the TSA was first implemented. Its never going away. Once a government has power, they never let it go. That's why pushing against any of these mandates is important. Once it becomes codified law, it will never go away.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but all you have to do is look at America post 9/11. Long after we learned the perpetrators were misidentified, long after we found out that the war in the middle east was over oil, long after any major airline attack occurred, we have even tighter restrictions than when the TSA was first implemented. Its never going away. Once a government has power, they never let it go. That's why pushing against any of these mandates is important. Once it becomes codified law, it will never go away.

this retard thinks the war was about oil. gat-DAMN that some deep nazi indoctrination!

Minusfourty

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I think it's a nonsence. Things will change for sure but people are returning to their everyday lifes.
I think it's a diversion. Convince people that the absurd is the goal to make them accepting of the actual plan. Like how if you tell people to wear three masks, only wearing one feels like a temporary victory. Or it could be something simpler, like keeping a scapegoat for the dying economy.

Virtual Cafe Awards

elia925-6

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I've seen even in countries with high vaccination rates, they enforce some measurements or lockdowns(unvaccinated and both) like in Ireland, Gilbarar and Austria. It seems they like to control their people and benefit from their pain and suffering of they can't enjoy things before.

Virtual Cafe Awards

nagolbud

Political correctness is thought control!
Reaction score
Awards
Many of you are right except about one thing... it will end. Supply chains are collapsing, food shortages are growing, electricity power outages are rumbling... they are pushing for a full on collapse of the USD to impliment a new world currency to go along with their "Anti Globalist Alliance" and its all thanks to the vatican. Create the problem, then they have the solution. Vatican will look like heros stopping the "globalism" as they send in the UN, as Henry Kissinger said. You will beg for it after 3-4 years of no power and food. It'll be like the purge. Meanwhile 3rd world countries will continue on like normal being total slave states while they take the place of the once powerful 1st world countries that can't provide their own food or shelter, let alone protection. For 1st world countries this ends in complete chaos, only to join the world stage several years later once they've deep throated world government.

All apart of the plan... I think I heard the Pope just whisper to Joe Biden and Trump while playing with their booty holes "Checkmate".

MorphedSnowman

Sperglord
Reaction score
Awards
And forced vaccination programs won't end up well. Like some people don't want to get vaccinated for health reasons which is legit. But calling non vaccinated people toxic creates a bad stereotype. I disagree personally what Austria did.
Honestly I feel like the hate against unvaccinated is just a scapegoat for the incompetence we've seen. Like this will rely just on my personal experiences and what I heard, so don't take this as truth but my perspective. But I've caught covid already and went through it fine. I had a headache for one day and felt a bit weak. That's all. I never had any vaccination. Then I know people who got vaccinated. One dude I know, which I see daily face to face, who was vaccinated caught it and told that he has trouble walking. I heard stories from my mother's friend who is a nurse who told that the hospitals are filled with vaccinated people. I heard story from a guy from distant family who took the vaccine and few days later had to be rushed to the hospital because he had a stroke. I heard few other of such stories.

Now, the reason I took it so lightly might just be because I take care of my health, I don't eat any junk food, I am young, etc. I am hardly a person who believes in conspiracies, I don't believe there's any ill will in the vaccination or that covid was engineered or what not. But what I genuinely started to believe that the people in charge are just incompetent and they are looking for scapegoats for letting things go so far as they have. It's just ironic to me how we are supposed to trust the people who let the disease spread as far as it has to also control it. And when I see something like mandatory vaccination, I'm sorry but there literally is no excuse for this. Not when we were first told there will be herd immunity when a certain percentage of population gets over the disease or gets vaccinated. That didn't happen. Not when we were told a vaccination will fix this, when vaccinated people are still getting infected even after they take hundreds of booster shots. That too didn't happen. And I'm tired to hear that's because some of us didn't get vaccinated. I live in a country where I believe above 80% is vaccinated and people here are still getting sick. It's truly scary to see what has happened lately.

Virtual Cafe Awards

nagolbud

Political correctness is thought control!
Reaction score
Awards
Everyone who thinks viruses can transfer from person to person should shoot themself in the face. Virology 101. Viruses are not living. They can't mutate, they can't pass from person to person, they can't evolve. They only exist inside of living animals and they are only produced to eat and remove diseased or infected tissue. They are nothing more than chemical robots inside of everyone. Everyone has the "coronavirus" because its a simple virus that is sent out from inside your OWN body to combat basic disease and infection.. such as a basic cold or respiratory cough.

THE ONLY WAY you can transfer viruses from person to person is through injection. Even the swine "flu" was bullshit because people were injecting "vaccines" made from the pigs that had the "virus" because they were living in a shitty environment with shitty food. Thus the pigs created a virus to remove the diseased tissue... and you fucking morons injected that into your body.

If you think otherwise you have been successfully brainwashed and are fucking retarded. 100%

MorphedSnowman

Sperglord
Reaction score
Awards
Everyone who thinks viruses can transfer from person to person should shoot themself in the face. Virology 101. Viruses are not living. They can't mutate, they can't pass from person to person, they can't evolve. They only exist inside of living animals and they are only produced to eat and remove diseased or infected tissue. They are nothing more than chemical robots inside of everyone. Everyone has the "coronavirus" because its a simple virus that is sent out from inside your OWN body to combat basic disease and infection.. such as a basic cold or respiratory cough.

THE ONLY WAY you can transfer viruses from person to person is through injection. Even the swine "flu" was bullshit because people were injecting "vaccines" made the pigs that had the "virus" because they were living in a shitty environment with shitty food.

If you think otherwise you have been successfully brainwashed and are fucking retarded. 100%
Honestly, you are like the peak example of someone who I imagine is deranged on purpose to make sure there's someone to point to when people need to find an example of "crazy antivaxxer"

Virtual Cafe Awards