How The Supreme Court's Abortion Ban Might Actually Be A Disaster For The Right Wing

bendersteed

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I think the main point of the division is here the Pro-Choice - Pro-Life movement, but no interest in what power is given to the powers that be.
I would then argue that having an abortion in no right, and personally I'm Pro-Life. Even so I can see the discussion here is if there should be laws invasive to ourselves or not. The actions to ourselves in my view is neither right nor something that the state should regulate. By giving into the division we get as granted that the state, law or some other power will only dis-allow or support a non-societal choice of the person, and so I think the line of supporting the cause is that the state should not regulate such issues at all.

Else both conservatives and liberals are falling into the trap of the society of control, that they decry to each other as harbingers of.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Friend

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Some people think of themselves as unfit parents to provide for a child, some couldn't afford it.
Thanks for replying. I don't really see that as a sensible argument though, in that case don't have bareback sex, and if you can afford an abortion you can afford a condom.

Virtual Cafe Awards

cybercola

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Thanks for replying. I don't really see that as a sensible argument though, in that case don't have bareback sex, and if you can afford an abortion you can afford a condom.
Condoms can break, birth control can fail. Rare, but it happens more often than you'd expect.
Life situations such as health or finance can also change suddenly and unexpectedly in the 13 weeks that 90+% of abortions take place during.
Obviously there's also reasons involving risk to the mother and accidental miscarriages, which aren't necessarily listed as exemptions in abortion bans.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
So what, it's just luck that this ruling happened? No responsibility from the lack of effort on the dems part to prevent it happening (which they totally could've)? The dems are responsible in part for just laying down and not bothering to try and prevent this, if they genuinely didn't want this to happen. Give them some credit at least!
It's not just luck, but that is a part of it. The Dems could've tried harder to block Trump's third SCOTUS pick (much like Republicans did in the final year of Obama's term) but they didn't really try.
but that still doesnt mean the nebulous entity of 'The Left' is running the show, more a bunch of power-mad morally apathetic politicians trying to wring every last year of rule out of their waning lifespan, public be damned. Not quite the same as spooky leftism.
I agree for the most part, with both mainstream US political parties being largely ineffective in passing meaningful legislation they still manage to get some stuff done here and there (mainly anything restricting pre-existing freedoms lol.) Politicians are just kind of middle management for the world the way I see it, the real boogeymen are the Soros, Rothschild, and other elites pulling the strings out of the public spotlight. I'd argue Soros qualifies as "spooky leftism."
Even if all public opinion is swayed by cultural institutions, what does it matter if the general public has no say on things? [...] Protest? Riot? has that ever actually worked in recent memory?
If you want a modern example in the US, look at the "peaceful protests" in 2020. That clearly had an impact, both legislatively, culturally, and in the form of real world carnage. Violence is the key to power and having a stronghold on both culture and the dissemination of information enables people to do whatever they want, because the majority public sentiment will be whatever they will it into.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Pray for the end of the Christian right. They deliver themselves to Satan.
It's not super-obvious to those outside the u.s., but the u.s. Christian Right is an incredible inversion of Christian values. They were formed as part of the backlash to the Civil Rights movement, threw out "love the sinner, hate the sin" to go after the gays, and have done jack fucking shit for the poor. Nothing but a bunch of grifters, backing the most violent nation on earth. Seems pretty satanic to me.

Virtual Cafe Awards

handoferis

Executor of Dry IT Men
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Personally I think we should legalize post-term abortion and ban having babies altogether.

The world would be a better place. I don't need to hear about Jan at work's fucktrophy.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
Condoms can break, birth control can fail. Rare, but it happens more often than you'd expect.
Condoms combined with birth control are 99.99% effective. If 1,000,000 people use them both, we still end up with 10,000 unwanted babies. Statistics.

Virtual Cafe Awards
"The supreme court has ruled there is no constitutional right to abortion in the United States, upending the landmark Roe v Wade case from nearly 50 years ago in a rare reversal of long-settled law that will fracture reproductive rights in America.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jun/24/overturning-roe-story-is-women-unfreedom
Joe Biden called the ruling a "tragic error" and the Republicans celebrating it "wrong, extreme and out of touch".

I'm pretty sure that right now most republicans are having the time of their life, while other factions of the right wing at the least are enjoying the very classic reactions of liberals, you know the twitter posts and the screaming at the protests. But the situation is actually more serious than internet politic beef, or we may say that the internet politic beef is more serious than we think.
Now we have all seen the massive political shifts of the last very recent years, how these trends that have started in the Us ended up influencing the whole western world and others, and that now we find ourselves in an extremely left wing culture which heavily affected the youth.

I'm myself a Gen Z fag who doesn't even live in the USA and I can assure you most right wing / conservative points of view are very stigmatized, and sustaining them could unironically get you ostracized very quickly.
So what's my point? In a society that's heading at godlike speed in the progressive, a big and controversial move to the right by the Institutions (the ONLY one btw) will just accelerate the process.
Great part of the population now feels stripped of an important right, insulted and violated, and that's the best mood for getting (even more) radicalized, for embracing the mainstream feminist movements, for hating the republicans and by consequences going full democrat/progressive.

There is a missing piece to this analysis. The reason the culture keeps getting more left-wing is because material conditions in the US are deteriorating rapidly and neither party will address the issue or even acknowledge that it's true. It is the job of the media and academia to funnel this rage into identity politics and/or "wokeness" as a relief valve that is harmless, perhaps even beneficial, to the establishment. The Democrats are managed opposition who pay the bare minimum of lip service to their agenda but always contrive a way to get outfoxed by those dastardly Republicans and we would have won if only you had just voted harder!

But now, on this most holy of issues to the liberals, the dems have broken kayfabe. They are not even trying. All but the most diehard dems are apoplectic, unable to believe that despite knowing that this ruling was coming for weeks, and that this was the Republican's top priority for 50 years, the Biden administration and the DNC with majorities in both houses of congress do not have anything even resembling a plan other than begging for $15. Their cowardly ineptitude has become almost impossible to justify. We may see a rebellion inside the DNC soon and I'm not sure how that plays out.

Or to put it more succinctly:

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
The reason the culture keeps getting more left-wing is because material conditions in the US are deteriorating rapidly
I initially read this as "mental health conditions" for some reason and yet it holds true too.

Virtual Cafe Awards