How would you describe Vaporwave to someone who is older or doesn't know what it

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Title basically says it.

Just a thought since alot of people have different meanings and such. I know people on youtube try to explain what it is but each video says other things.

Virtual Cafe Awards

xX.majin_TwEeN.Xx

Staticbender
Reaction score
Awards
Website
humanraccoon.com
Young people's interpretation of what the 80s and 90s sounded like based purely on other people's bizarre interpretations of YouTube uploads of random VHS stuff without any understanding of the overarching context and presentation. It's what an alien would invent if it's first introduction to human culture was a Windows 98 installation disc and a Peter Gabriel record that the aliens didn't realize was accidentally slowed down about 300%.

Virtual Cafe Awards

eve

Professional Loser
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
evvv.org
80's and 90's pop culture, highlighting the consumerism and optimism of pre-9/11 america, represented through either music or art. i could probably phrase it better but this is the most palatable and stripped-down explanation that i personally agree with.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Placeholder

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I describe it as an umbrella term for independent electronic artists; anyone is welcome if they have they have the right cover art, the sound itself is not the barrier to entry.

Virtual Cafe Awards