I AM AND I ARE ALL WE, or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and LOVE This Wacky Shit

I AM.

A whole World of You.

God.

God outside of all else but his own free consciousness, hallucinating for eternity and falling into love: I AM AND I ARE ALL WE.

C0DA Digitals have confirmed that a subject in sensory deprivation begins to hallucinate after only twenty minutes. Scale unto this along the magical spectrum and maintenance of time, which is forever, and you begin to see the Lunar God's failure as Greatest Gift. As above, "This is the love of God."

-Loveletter From the Fifth Era

What follows is a semi-intelligible summation of pseudo-psychedelic thoughts influenced by Discordianism, Gnosticism, Elder Scrolls Lore, Solipsism, Jung, Thelema, long hikes in the woods, five tons of flax, and the brain of a super-egotist with an id-feriority complex, rife with contradictions, and wholly as serious as you want it to be.

I began my foray into philosophy at the age of-- well, I'm not quite sure, actually-- I suppose it was a natural consequence of a young mind with a curiosity in the sciences that I'd try and find a way to make sense of the world in a personal manner, as well as a mechanical one. I was born to a Christian mother and an atheistic father, but was taken to a southern Baptist church for much of my youth and believed in what I was being told. However, as I read more of prehistory, physics, astronomy, and so-on, I became turned off to Christianity, and moralistic ideas as a whole, and as the young scientific mind often does in its psychopathic state of empathy undeveloped, I fell into a cold Utilitarian Scientism that lasted until, uh..

I began my foray into philosophy at the age of 16, after a depressed and self-destructive decision to take a particularly large and poorly understood dose of pure acid that scrambled my perception of the world so finely that I've spent the rest of my years since attempting to marry the things I've experienced to a rational understanding of the world. And that's what this story, article, essay, whatever you wanna call it hinges on, as well as this entire forum, and perhaps the whole of philosophy and life itself hinges on: Perception.

Now, to get something out of way, this all hinges on a certain supposition of Solipsism. Something important that I think needs to be said, which causes many people to dismiss this as an elementary philosophy, is that this doesn't mean that other people are any less real than yourself. Perhaps they are figments of your imagination, sure, but a true solipsistic worldview must also take into account that yourself is a figment of your imagination, as well. Existence, to you, will always be centered from you, and that same applies to everyone else. Imagine, almost, if you will, everyone's perception creates spheres of their own creation. Most of the time, these spheres intersect and an agreed-upon reality is met through the collision of psycho-quantum godhead-waves. Sometimes, a person can be left in a sphere that intersects with none others for so long, that their perceptions truly become the creators of their reality. Uncontrolled, we call this "insanity." Control it, understand it to the point that your sphere will even overpower those that intersect, and voila, we call that "enlightenment," go do some miracles like Jesus or sit under a tree for a really long time like Buddha and enjoy world fame for years after death and an afterlife of your own construct. To help illustrate my point, the Discordian view of the inherent chaos of existence, (t)ruth vs. (T)ruth:

With our concept making apparatus called "mind" we look at reality through the ideas-about-reality which our cultures give us. The ideas-about- reality are mistakenly labeled "reality" and unenlightened people are forever perplexed by the fact that other people, especially other cultures, see "reality" differently. It is only the ideas-about-reality which differ. Real (capital-T True) reality is a level deeper that is the level of concept.

We look at the world through windows on which have been drawn grids (concepts). Different philosophies use different grids. A culture is a group of people with rather similar grids. Through a window we view chaos, and relate it to the points on our grid, and thereby understand it. The ORDER is in the GRID. That is the Aneristic Principle. [...]

DISORDER is simply unrelated information viewed through some particular grid. But, like "relation", no-relation is a concept. Male, like female, is an idea about sex. To say that male-ness is "absence of female-ness", or vice versa, is a matter of definition and metaphysically arbitrary. The artificial concept of no-relation is the ERISTIC PRINCIPLE. [...]

The point is that (little-t) truth is a matter of definition relative to the grid one is using at the moment, and that (capital-T) Truth, metaphysical reality, is irrelevant to grids entirely. Pick a grid, and through it some chaos appears ordered and some appears disordered. Pick another grid, and the same chaos will appear differently ordered and disordered. (Principia Discordia pg. 50)

Consider, now, if you will, the concept of EVERYTHING. The entire universe, and all of its complexities and unknowable Truths, all the things it encompasses, all the planets and stars and black holes and nebulae, and you. Consider the fact that if you are excluded, we are no longer talking about everything. In that sense, there is no such relation as "a part" of everything, as the part is necessary for the whole to be Whole, everything is everything. You are an integral part of existence.

This is a realization that most Hindu or Buddhist children probably have by age 6, but it's one that I had a couple months after my fateful acid drop, while I was vibing on some shrooms and smoking a bowl on my porch and looking at the countryside stars. What comes from this is a whole spiel of "You are the universe experiencing itself" type hippie hoopla, which I'll spare both the reader and myself the strain of the details, but the key point is this: If there is any God, you are as powerful as they might be.

This can be most noted in dreams. Dreams, and specifically lucid dreams, of which I've had very few. Your perception entirely shapes the universe around you, and allows you to experience total freedom from the mouth of the world, and instead to eat it.

Individuation is a concept that resonates heavily with me, described by Jung as "an expression of that biological process-- simple or complicated as the ease might be-- by which every living thing becomes what it was destined to be from the very beginning." I would describe it more succinctly, and perhaps mildly bastardizingly, as "doing what feels right without being a hedonist." And this accounts for perception, but not for free will, and the entropic nature of life ensures that no prediction can ever be fully correct, even on the cosmological scales of destiny.

Jung was also a Gnostic, who believed that by attaining enough Gnosis (knowledge), we could unlock the divinity within us and escape the prison of the material realm.

What I seek is the upending of the concept that divinity must come from an outside source-- sometimes, the right thing to do isn't what feels right, it's what is right. You have the power to decide which Archetypes shape your character and your fate. One must stand against the universe itself, recognize the chaos inherent in it and reflected in yourself, and realize the reflection back is what creates your universe. Realize all your scale, and then to compress it back into yourself, to understand that you are all the universe, but to also reject the rejection of individuality. This is my understanding of a path to enlightenment of some sort. Maybe attainable, maybe not, I dunno, but otherwise I am also waking every morning before dawn, rubbing my head with sandalwood paste, and bashing my head into the ground to decalcify my pineal gland and open my third eye. I'll keep you updated as to what works first.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoy the philosophistic rambles of a bored dude who reads a lotta bullshit.

"Love is the law, love under will."