What's new

I love early history

Deepwaterjew

Young prophet
Awards
there's just something to them, the village-cities of the cucutani trypillia, the mastery of the balearic slingers, the journey of the agricultural men towards europe, the fashion of the minoans and the brutality of the assyrians, and all of the may other peoples of the neolithic-bronze age just get my noggin joggin. Do you have some early civilization that you loved? how were the people of your region were at the time? pic related is the thinker of cernavoda, an artpiece that I find fascinating

Attachments

• 3c445653ac486f1e0fa2cd3eebf82b01.jpg
    3c445653ac486f1e0fa2cd3eebf82b01.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 48
Virtual Cafe Awards

eco

allergy king
Awards
This is a bizarre concept to me, but those sculptures and a few others remind me of sculptures from my childhood that I associate with places like malls and hospitals, and other places that have a pristine feel and make me really nostalgic for some reason

Virtual Cafe Awards

soren

who cares
Awards
I never really got into early history outside of a brief understanding of the Minoans as part of studying classics. Any place you recommend to start?

Deepwaterjew

Young prophet
Awards
I never really got into early history outside of a brief understanding of the Minoans as part of studying classics. Any place you recommend to start?
well for starters, I would recommend checking Epimetheus on youtube for all your bronze age needs, Dan davis if you want to get nearer to the neolithic. I checked out History time if I want to get an hour out of my day about some specific culture, and to end Stefan milo for the earliest of the earliest. Any videos of them will do! but I suggest keeping to the levant

Virtual Cafe Awards

soren

who cares
Awards
well for starters, I would recommend checking Epimetheus on youtube for all your bronze age needs, Dan davis if you want to get nearer to the neolithic. I checked out History time if I want to get an hour out of my day about some specific culture, and to end Stefan milo for the earliest of the earliest. Any videos of them will do! but I suggest keeping to the levant
I'll give them a chance when I have time. To be honest, I don't really watch that many videos. I mostly just read things. If you have any books that are good, that would be appreciated too.

Deepwaterjew

Young prophet
Awards
I'll give them a chance when I have time. To be honest, I don't really watch that many videos. I mostly just read things. If you have any books that are good, that would be appreciated too.
maybe it's a bit long, but sapiens( by Noah harari) kind of explains it, but it's mostly just the whole history of the world I guess. I also found some papers on academia.edu about some findings, but that's mostly archeology

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kommando

Buibol 99
Awards
there's just something to them, the village-cities of the cucutani trypillia, the mastery of the balearic slingers, the journey of the agricultural men towards europe, the fashion of the minoans and the brutality of the assyrians, and all of the may other peoples of the neolithic-bronze age just get my noggin joggin. Do you have some early civilization that you loved? how were the people of your region were at the time? pic related is the thinker of cernavoda, an artpiece that I find fascinating
It's before detailed records of history that fill in the blanks but after obscura and speculation so we know it happened, and cultures that while still similar to what would come a hundred years after it ended were more "down-to-earth" and relatively began.

Virtual Cafe Awards

soren

who cares
Awards
maybe it's a bit long, but sapiens( by Noah harari) kind of explains it, but it's mostly just the whole history of the world I guess. I also found some papers on academia.edu about some findings, but that's mostly archeology
Sounds good, both Sapiens and Homo Deus have been on my reading list for a while. After grad school no book is too long haha

Bioluminescence

Endangered Flora & Fauna Task Force
Awards
I find it absolutely fascinating learning about early history through the fragmentary lens of myths and old religious beliefs. Near East and Egyptian mythology fascinate me endlessly. Plus, I love your quote from Paradise Lost! It's among my favorite epic poems.

Pandemonium.JPG

Virtual Cafe Awards