What's new

I miss the early 2000's!

Luvjojo

New Traveler
There's something about the early 2000's that makes me feel wonderful inside! Anyone miss the times? Mandy Moore, bubblegum pop music, bold neon colors on a white background, weird shapes....love it! Here is an example of what I mean. Also, what is this aesthetic called???? Us Against The World

AnanaSUPREME

La Senda Piña
Awards
Well, there are elements of Y2K aesthetic with the blobjects and clear plastic but the fashion isn't quite there for that style. Some of the fonts look very McBling too.

Virtual Cafe Awards

naa

family mart fried chicken
Awards
I really love the aesthetics of this time period, I don't know what aesthetic I'd call that video, it kinda feels like a blend of stuff. There's a group called The Y2K Aesthetic Institute that catalogues a bunch of content from the '90s-2000s. It's an offshoot of the Consumer Aesthetics Research Institute, which catalogues various aesthetics used to market consumer products. Here's a nice article about Y2K aesthetics from one of the founders

Virtual Cafe Awards

Luvjojo

New Traveler
I really love the aesthetics of this time period, I don't know what aesthetic I'd call that video, it kinda feels like a blend of stuff. There's a group called The Y2K Aesthetic Institute that catalogues a bunch of content from the '90s-2000s. It's an offshoot of the Consumer Aesthetics Research Institute, which catalogues various aesthetics used to market consumer products. Here's a nice article about Y2K aesthetics from one of the founders
Thank you so much for this! <3

Merzcat

Active Traveler
Awards
I miss the mid 00s
Technology ans gaming seemed so much more interesting back then with unique games coming out all the time and entirely new gsme types being explored, as well as very unique Japanese games being ported to the west.
The world of music was much better back then as streaming didn't exist and piracy was a somewhat niche thing.
The most advanced mobile devices of the time in use by the general public were things like the PSP and those cellphones with the physical keyboards, with smartphones and Web 2.0 not being pushed the internet remained a unique and interesting place.
As some people on the net have said, it was a time of perfect balance between the internet and fleshnet.

View: https://youtu.be/r_pDTtSCUR0

View: https://youtu.be/2mRp3QNkhrc

View: https://youtu.be/v-rtMps9HOM

View: https://youtu.be/hBb8Itha3mY

Virtual Cafe Awards

Shi_dawg

Vaporwave's #1 Dumb Fuck
Awards
The early 2000s was a stupid and fun time, the cheesy music videos, the over the top punk fashion. hell, the pop culture wasn't even that bad. It was all a product of it's time, and man do I miss it, the friends, the dumb jokes, the stupid daredevil shit me and my friends would try to do, those chunky ass skate shoes. those were good times.

black-sparta.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

webodan

Traveler
Awards
It's an extension of the 90's in a way. I think the optimism of the era is what makes it feel special. Not just nostalgia, it was the pre-2008 crash of the economy and there was still hope for the future and a feeling of stability and certainty. Things we just don't have anymore.

Virtual Cafe Awards

naa

family mart fried chicken
Awards
The early 2000s was a stupid and fun time, the cheesy music videos, the over the top punk fashion. hell, the pop culture wasn't even that bad. It was all a product of it's time, and man do I miss it, the friends, the dumb jokes, the stupid daredevil shit me and my friends would try to do, those chunky ass skate shoes. those were good times.

View attachment 4320
thinkin' about these things
osiris shoes.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards