I recently built my first decent PC, what should I play?

EzzyCrafts

Specimen 1.0-C
Reaction score
Awards
Thank you! Added it to my wish list, it looks really fun!

For anyone else still following this thread, thank you for all of the awesome recommendations. Between sales and recommendations here, this is what I currently have:

View attachment 42019
Are you using small-mode or did you restore the good old library up?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Ahnis_T

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Are you using small-mode or did you restore the good old library up?
This is actually a snip from "Playnite", a universal launcher. It was recommended to me by a friend, and I like it because it's lightweight, and it auto-syncs all of my launchers/services with new titles as they're added and autopopulates the metadata and such. And it's got a bunch of themes, I've got it styled like classic Steam currently.
Get Disillusion, it is made by one of us. Officially endorsed by Agora.
Awesome, instantly bought. Looks like an experience for sure :KongDance:

Virtual Cafe Awards

Natalia Simp

My Queen!
Reaction score
Awards
Thank you! Added it to my wish list, it looks really fun!

For anyone else still following this thread, thank you for all of the awesome recommendations. Between sales and recommendations here, this is what I currently have:

View attachment 42019
Old 90's gamers will love the Stalker series, Knights of the Old Republic I & II, and Disco Elysium. Overwatch is the best arena shooter out right now, even with their blatant greed almost ruining the game. That says more about the arena shooter genre than Overwatch, though. XCOM 2 will be a difficult challenge, if you're into it.

Here's a list of games I'd recommend, all from GOG, and most are on sale now:

Virtual Cafe Awards

Solara16

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Ruiner is a short and pretty decent beat'em up in dystopian setting with amazing ost.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Theologian-kun

Pimp Shrimping M.D.
Reaction score
Awards
Hi all,

I've been out of the PC world for at least 10 years, so needless to say it's essentially an entirely new experience for me right now. I've had various consoles over the years, so I'm mainly interested in PC exclusives, or games that are really only worth playing on PC, especially as someone who last gamed on a laptop with 2gb RAM lol. I play all types of games so I'm not looking for anything specific, genre wise.

Any recommendations would be appreciated!
Hard to think of PC exclusives in the past ten years, but I'd recommend modding some games like the elder scroll series or witcher. While the games are not exclusive a lot of the mods are.
Yume Nikki, Helltaker, and The Looker are great free games, and DUSK and VA-11 Hall-A are great games as well.

Pink Fluffy Cat

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Gothic 1 & 2

Edit: for something considered modern : Dishonored games, prey 2017, deathloop, alien isolation (my favorite one) are the only games that feel worth it nowadays, anything else feels "meh" to me including indie titles like undertale and cuphead.

Last edited:

Ahnis_T

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Thank you again everyone! My library is quickly growing thanks to all of the great deals lately:

1669275676496.png
1669275704447.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

NeoTokyo Tempo

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Hi all,

I've been out of the PC world for at least 10 years, so needless to say it's essentially an entirely new experience for me right now. I've had various consoles over the years, so I'm mainly interested in PC exclusives, or games that are really only worth playing on PC, especially as someone who last gamed on a laptop with 2gb RAM lol. I play all types of games so I'm not looking for anything specific, genre wise.

Any recommendations would be appreciated!
Doom

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I have three recommendation, idk if these were already recommended cuz they're classics, but:

1. Bullet Witch
2. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
3. Alice Madness
4. Pathologic (do a little research on this one before jumping in because it's a very specific type of game LMAO)

Have fun with ur new PC! :D: