I'm looking to produce a death's dynamic shroud.wmv/Avalanches/Boards of Canada-inspired vaporwave/techno/trip hop project.

CAMSE

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Lately, I've been listening to a lot of electronic music, and the ones that have caught my attention are Australian plunderphonics duo The Avalanches, Scottish electronic music duo Boards of Canada and the Philadelphia vaporwave group death's dynamic shroud.wmv. I desire to create a mixtape or studio album blending the influences of these artists while throwing in acid techno and trip hop influences. I plan on using Abode Audition, Ableton or FL Studio to produce the album. I may be looking for assistants to help me, those also interested in producing vaporwave but also trip hop and techno tracks. We could form a group to produce that record. I have compiled a list of samples with more coming along the way:

View: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLX19YdRIOqTpWDOsBef-lZbgzndDV88fw

I plan on publishing the album on Bandcamp or SoundCloud. The samples might need to be cleared for physical release.

If I have to work in a group, I can send the samples via e-mail to another member for processing. If anyone joins me, I might need their e-mail, race, the language they know/speak and the country they reside in. We might work on the record in our own remote areas. I myself even plan on getting Ableton.

Requirements:
1. Members must know English, Japanese, Spanish, Danish or French.
2. Members must want to produce a vaporwave, trip hop or techno track or combination thereof.
3. Members must have listened to The Avalanches and been inspired by them.
4. Members should be into American cartoons, Japanese anime/manga/TV dramas/pop music, science fiction, fantasy, horror, top 40 songs from the last 2-4 decades (the years 1980-2020 to be exact), movies (mostly independent productions shown at Berlin, Cannes, Sundance, Venice, Toronto and Karlovy Vary as well as documentaries), movie/TV soundtracks, African music and Internet culture, or combination thereof.
5. Members must have an Amazon Music or Spotify subscription.
6. Members should be either black, Asian, Latino, indigenous or queer (gay, bisexual, trans and/or nonbinary). This is to ensure diversity in my dream production group for the project. I can allow white straight cisgender members in, but BIPOC and LGBTQ+ members must outmember them in this group.
7. Members must be residing/based in the one of the 20 countries: United States, Canada, Colombia, Chile, Paraguay, Europe (countries in question: the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Denmark, Sweden, Spain, Finland, Belgium and Poland), Japan, Taiwan, New Zealand or South Africa.
8. Members must have either Ableton, FL Studio or Adobe Audition and know how to produce world-class techno and/or trip-hop.
9. Members must also have a Disney+/Hulu (or Disney+/Star if you live outside the United States), Paramount+/Showtime, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video/IMDb TV or HBO/Cinemax/HBO Max subscription.

Here is the cover for the dream record, which I myself made with Photoshop: (If anything, I can make another one to replace it.)
View: https://www.flickr.com/photos/191450117@N05/51470545006/in/dateposted-public/

Attachments

• finally!!!!.png
    finally!!!!.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,702
Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

CAMSE

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
do you have any previous works or projects
By the way, what is your race or your location? You should be black, indigenous, Latino or Asian and must be based in one of the 17 required countries:
1. United States
2. Canada
3. France
4. United Kingdom
5. Germany
6. Spain
7. Sweden
8. Denmark
9. Italy
10. Ireland
11. Finland
12. Belgium
13. Poland
14. Taiwan
15. Japan
16. New Zealand
17. South Africa

Virtual Cafe Awards

elia925-6

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
By the way, what is your race or your location? You should be black, indigenous, Latino or Asian and must be based in one of the 17 required countries:
1. United States
2. Canada
3. France
4. United Kingdom
5. Germany
6. Spain
7. Sweden
8. Denmark
9. Italy
10. Ireland
11. Finland
12. Belgium
13. Poland
14. Taiwan
15. Japan
16. New Zealand
17. South Africa
Why not Greece?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sweet n' Comfy

Lovely Comfy Days
Reaction score
Awards
Your troll was pretty good OP, you deserve a troll award!

1. United States
2. Canada
3. France
4. United Kingdom
5. Germany
6. Spain
7. Sweden
8. Denmark
9. Italy
10. Ireland
11. Finland
12. Belgium
13. Poland
14. Taiwan
15. Japan
16. New Zealand
17. South Africa
What a shame man, I'm from Colombia and based in it because I don't want to get away from the land of my people into some foreign country for no reason. I thought about telling a Brazilian friend from Amazonas that likes making that kind of stuff but Portuguese wasn't on the list and he doesn't have disney+ because he doesn't have the money to buy the suscription.

Maybe you should try >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk instead to find black latino lesbian gender queer artists based in Japan for your project.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I'm an indigenous and latin america, but to be honest, this requirements are oddly specific, like, i'm not even part of those 17 countries (by the way, you are excluding Korea and korean language, koreans are one of the most important influence to the vaporwave movement and you are ignoring them), and the fact that must users doesn't go with requirements tells a lot, with respect i say you, you should try looking anywhere else, like twitter or reddit.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sweet n' Comfy

Lovely Comfy Days
Reaction score
Awards
No, this might be my debut, possibly my breakthrough into the scene.
So you haven't done any music before and have absolutely no experience? What do you offer us exactly? Why should we join you when we already have projects of our own on the making?

Virtual Cafe Awards

CAMSE

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
So you haven't done any music before and have absolutely no experience? What do you offer us exactly? Why should we join you when we already have projects of our own on the making?
If anything, I could send all of the samples to you via e-mail and make you do something with them using Ableton or FL Studio. What is your e-mail BTW? And have you listened to The Avalanches or Boards of Canada? Yes, I know I haven't done any music before and plan on doing so in the immediate future.

Virtual Cafe Awards

CAMSE

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Your troll was pretty good OP, you deserve a troll award!

What a shame man, I'm from Colombia and based in it because I don't want to get away from the land of my people into some foreign country for no reason. I thought about telling a Brazilian friend from Amazonas that likes making that kind of stuff but Portuguese wasn't on the list and he doesn't have disney+ because he doesn't have the money to buy the suscription.

Maybe you should try >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk instead to find black latino lesbian gender queer artists based in Japan for your project.
Oh, I get it now! Maybe I should add Latin America too!

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Why the hell would you require someone to have both Netflix and Disney plus+ subscription? Why is this a requirement? monkahhm

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sweet n' Comfy

Lovely Comfy Days
Reaction score
Awards
If anything, I could send all of the samples to you via e-mail and make you do something with them using Ableton or FL Studio. What is your e-mail BTW? And have you listened to The Avalanches or Boards of Canada? Yes, I know I haven't done any music before and plan on doing so in the immediate future.
I don't know, you having no proof of being good yourself while asking me to be great myself. Are you going to use us to make your music for free meanwhile you just sit there like our boss or something? That sounds like a lame plan for me. You first gotta give if you want to receive. Or just try >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk or twitter instead I'm sure it'll be easier there to find people on your same wave.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sweet n' Comfy

Lovely Comfy Days
Reaction score
Awards
Oh, I get it now! Maybe I should add Latin America too!
Maybe you should drop the race requirements along with the location one too. Just let in whoever wants to work on your project. I think that not letting people in just because of their race or location is pretty disgusting. It's not like you can be that picky when it's about asking for people to help you for free though.

The netflix subscription requirement thingy is also kinda strange. If you want people to watch a movie because of inspiration just tell them the name and they'll find it themselves; some people don't like paying for such subscription services due to various reasons and letting them out because of that is kinda silly.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Maybe you should drop the race requirements along with the location one too. Just let in whoever wants to work on your project. I think that not letting people in just because of their race or location is pretty disgusting. It's not like you can be that picky when it's about asking for people to help you for free though.

The netflix subscription requirement thingy is also kinda strange. If you want people to watch a movie because of inspiration just tell them the name and they'll find it themselves; some people don't like paying for such subscription services due to various reasons and letting them out because of that is kinda silly.
mans is probably tryna pull the old," Yo bro can i get in on your netflix account bro?"

Virtual Cafe Awards
Don't get me wrong, I genuinely hope you make this project and will be supporting you, but these requirements are just way too specific.

I'm all for more diversity in the internet music scene as I am a black person myself, but this is just a level of woke I cannot handle lol

Virtual Cafe Awards

CAMSE

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
We might be sampling some Netflix and Disney+ original series on the way.
Why the hell would you require someone to have both Netflix and Disney plus+ subscription? Why is this a requirement? monkahhm a

Virtual Cafe Awards

CAMSE

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Don't get me wrong, I genuinely hope you make this project and will be supporting you, but these requirements are just way too specific.

I'm all for more diversity in the internet music scene as I am a black person myself, but this is just a level of woke I cannot handle lol
I'm black too!

Virtual Cafe Awards