i'm not a metalhead, i'm a metal enjoyer

レオタルドのフェティッシュ

Existence is but a diabolic deception
Reaction score
Awards
Website
mrwillhorlen.me
"metalheads" are often shallow and close-minded. they only listen to metal and nothing else because to them other music is "garbage" and looks down on those who do. on the other hand, a metal enjoyer also likes metal, but they are still critical of it and leave room to appreciate other music. I myself absolutely love metal and listens to a lot of it, but I do like other genres as well, indeed I enjoy all music as long as they are good to me. however I wouldn't affiliate myself with the metalhead community because of the bad stuff they are associated with.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Screen.Thief

Agora Road Beachcomber
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtube.com
"metalheads" are often shallow and close-minded. they only listen to metal and nothing else because to them other music is "garbage" and looks down on those who do. on the other hand, a metal enjoyer also likes metal, but they are still critical of it and leave room to appreciate other music. I myself absolutely love metal and listens to a lot of it, but I do like other genres as well, indeed I enjoy all music as long as they are good to me. however I wouldn't affiliate myself with the metalhead community because of the bad stuff they are associated with.
Yeah I feel that man, I consider myself a metal enthusiast and listener. But not a metal head. I'm mostly in love with Metal Guitar. The solos, the power chords, the filthy breakdowns. A lot of great metal guitarist will tell you they have their roots in jazz and blues, which I think is cool asf. The negative stereotype of metal heads has been wrong for some time. It's almost as main stream as pop & rock; but people can't let go of the stigma surrounding the genre.

Virtual Cafe Awards

xdsoftware

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah I feel that man, I consider myself a metal enthusiast and listener. But not a metal head. I'm mostly in love with Metal Guitar. The solos, the power chords, the filthy breakdowns. A lot of great metal guitarist will tell you they have their roots in jazz and blues, which I think is cool asf. The negative stereotype of metal heads has been wrong for some time. It's almost as main stream as pop & rock; but people can't let go of the stigma surrounding the genre.
god I hate some metal stereotypes, it really shows the lack of any literacy or even understanding

Virtual Cafe Awards

alix

Empress of the Transburg Dinasty
Reaction score
Awards
Website
alixxd.neocities.org
Same, lordofthekinks, same :(

Virtual Cafe Awards

napata

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Serf

Existential Nightmare Enjoyer
Reaction score
Awards
Music, and indeed all art without its structure is indistinguishable from the incoherent babbling and screaming of your local homeless man. The point of it is to lend structure to help express that which cannot be expressed. Which leads me to today's hot take: metal and bluegrass are the same thing.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vitnira

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Metal core fan here, tho the metalhead will call it non-metal. Subgenre of metal is really funny sometime, here's some dwarf metal, pirate metal, and folk metal (I think)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34CZjsEI1yU&ab_channel=NapalmRecords

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f55CqLc6IR0&ab_channel=NapalmRecords

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7kJRGPgvRQ&ab_channel=NuclearBlastRecords

That all falls under power metal and that's why I love power metal, because it makes metalheads salty af

Love me my cheese metal. Really tired of metalheads jacking each other off over who can screech the worst over technical guitar work.

Virtual Cafe Awards

. . . ...

Dārio Valyrio Valyriat
Reaction score
Awards
I listen to metal, but I don't really go out of my way to look for metal communities, so I don't really know much about the metal community. I do listen to other kinds of music though, and some mainstream stuff as well, I guess I would be a metal enjoyer

Ross_Я

Slacker
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Last time I've saw someone with that attitude was in the year 2008 or something...
When I grew up kids and teens used to stick to one genre only, and in 2000's the gap was, like, huge, especially between metal dudes and rap dudes. They basically hated each other.
But then it just... went up in a smoke. As I've said, haven't seen any hardcore characters from either side for a while.

Edit: from my current experience, I can add that it was quite fun discovering some 80's metal bands that did an ocassional rap track, or guys like Run DMC who went for a collab with a Aerosmith... Man, the age before the widespread web was something else. Thing like Monster Magnet's video would've blown minds of people living around my place back then:

But maybe those... narrow tastes were part of people's personality, and now as it is imposed by internet, it is just as grey and omniconsuming without the slightest reason behind this rampant consumption.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards