In Office by Home&Office (me) ... officesoft? You tell me!

Andy Peterson

Home&Office to achieve maximum success
Reaction score
Awards
Website
open.spotify.com
I recently put out a new album for my project Home&Office, and here's the first track from it if you feel like checking it out! I don't know exactly which vaporwave subgenre to stick this into, but it's all office-themed and tends to bounce between some funky/jazz-fusion sounding stuff and more atmospheric sounding stuff. If you like it, I have more stuff on my Bandcamp (link under my avatar). Anyways, let me know what you think!

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/andy-peterson-330988174/private-memo[/soundcloud]

Virtual Cafe Awards

ABSTRACT-TRAGEDY

どこにいても、あなたが私について考えていることを願っています。
Reaction score
Awards
Website
rateyourmusic.com
good shit go౦ԁ sHit thats ✔ some goodshit rightthere right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self i say so thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ

if you wanted to show someone that vaporwave is more than slowing down old smooth jazz than this would honestly be the premier kosher choice for doing so because it gets by the nostalgia or hauntology (whatever word you gotta use) without (or atleast without sounding like) being ripped from other sources, and even if it was, it sounds like it's actually an artifact of the 80s & early 90s. I feel like most vaporwave is distortion of the past (Floral Shoppe, Haircuts for Men, The Computer Trilogy), this is just that

I think this sort of "cyberjazz" also has more of an appeal when it comes to "hauntology" than shit like future funk bc u can probably create a lot more feelings than "oh look it's anime girls and stuff, we're on the beach, don't you wish you were here" (impo atleast)

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Peterson

Home&Office to achieve maximum success
Reaction score
Awards
Website
open.spotify.com
Glad you like it, thanks! You bring up some good points too. The mutation aspect of vaporwave is definitely valuable and there are many artists that do it well, but I found that straying from the standard "formats" allowed me to express a much wider range of feelings and tell a more personal story.

Virtual Cafe Awards