Introduce yourself!

What cancelled sitcom best describes your life?
Fraggle Rock

What does Vaporwave mean to you?
I'm not sure how to answer this without sound like some pretentious art critic lol
I think it's an aesthetic native to online, there aren't many of them & they need to be cultivated

What subgenres are you most into?
things that are more ambient sounding. that's how i got into the genre. §E▲ ▓F D▓G§ & death's dynamic shroud.wmv are my most listened to.

How did you find out about this place?
the dead internet theory post

What do you do for fun?
explore virtual & offline worlds, read

Virtual Cafe Awards

EURYSES

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
The "Best Kept Secret of the Internet" was, fortunately for me, not so well hidden: I stumbled upon this site while looking for something mentioned in a YouTube video about an entity in the Baikal lake.

To my surprise, there is also an entry about the Dead Internet theory here... which leads to why I'm writing this; this place feels different... like an oasis... or a mirage...

I wonder if my search for an agora has ended.

20210717_203827.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Seswynn

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I enjoy reading, writing, philosophy, music, esoteric Erisianism, original content, radio production, MS Paint, mowing the lawn, and the world wide web. Let's discuss something exciting.
What's esoteric Erisianism? Is it related to Eris? Are you a discordian of some kind?

Virtual Cafe Awards

bees

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Introduce yourself: here are some prompts:

What do you do for fun?
  1. I can't think of a good answer for that
  2. I never dug very deep into vaporwave in particular, I love beautiful music and ethereal music like vaporwave is full of it. I love the dreamy hypnagogic character of it and the feeling it brings.
  3. I only have the vaguest idea about vaporwave sub-genres. I like pretty much anything but anything along the lines of shoegaze/dream pop/ambient type stuff is my favorite.
  4. An internet friend showed it to me.
  5. Mainly playing strategy games and hanging out with friends, my favorite thing is art; drawing and some occasional music making in particular.
I'm really happy I found this place. It's a dream come true to find a decent active forum that also has such a nice layout in the age of shitty websites with downright probably even deliberately bad design, but thats a rant for another post.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ala_bluh

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
hi my names MK,
ive been lurking on this forum for a while but came back to actually post some stuff and not just be a total wimp so hello (for real this time:marioStyle:)

ok anyways:

im not really the type to watch sitcoms, ive watched some but i aint really that invested ykno, just kinda see them as like a nice way to past the time with my family. that aside i guess modern family was pretty good and i could see myself in a few of the characters

literally no idea. i find it pretty cool i guess
i wasnt there to experience a majority of the staples of vaporwave but im fascinated by it a ton
im more of an outsider looking in type when it comes to this then but i still like it

the whole aesthetic is pretty damn appealing too, musics sick, what else can i say -
i cant really wax poetic about this, my love for it is pretty simple

vaportrap - gimme that good fast paced stuff too

i have very crap memory so i literally dont know, i think i fell into a pretty deep obsession with vaporwave back then and i was looking around for all sortsa stuff and got led to here. im back now cus i was cleaning out the bookmarks on my laptop and rediscovered this old gem, hooray

What do you do for fun?
i like drawing a ton, painting, sculpting, all that. i also like to play around with my bass whenever, learn some songs, though its tough sometimes (always considered myself to lean more on the artsy side of things, music really isnt my strong suit) but whatev i enjoy it

i dabble in some other stuff here and there too like knitting, skating, snail keeping, etc and i also got some stuff that i just like researching about; psych's a big one, followed by whatever the flavour of the month is in terms of hyperfixations

ok au revoir
FASTER.gif

Virtual Cafe Awards

naa

hi my names MK,
ive been lurking on this forum for a while but came back to actually post some stuff and not just be a total wimp so hello (for real this time:marioStyle:)

ok anyways:

im not really the type to watch sitcoms, ive watched some but i aint really that invested ykno, just kinda see them as like a nice way to past the time with my family. that aside i guess modern family was pretty good and i could see myself in a few of the characters

literally no idea. i find it pretty cool i guess
i wasnt there to experience a majority of the staples of vaporwave but im fascinated by it a ton
im more of an outsider looking in type when it comes to this then but i still like it

the whole aesthetic is pretty damn appealing too, musics sick, what else can i say -
i cant really wax poetic about this, my love for it is pretty simple

vaportrap - gimme that good fast paced stuff too

i have very crap memory so i literally dont know, i think i fell into a pretty deep obsession with vaporwave back then and i was looking around for all sortsa stuff and got led to here. im back now cus i was cleaning out the bookmarks on my laptop and rediscovered this old gem, hooray

What do you do for fun?
i like drawing a ton, painting, sculpting, all that. i also like to play around with my bass whenever, learn some songs, though its tough sometimes (always considered myself to lean more on the artsy side of things, music really isnt my strong suit) but whatev i enjoy it

i dabble in some other stuff here and there too like knitting, skating, snail keeping, etc and i also got some stuff that i just like researching about; psych's a big one, followed by whatever the flavour of the month is in terms of hyperfixations

ok au revoir
View attachment 5684
do your snails have names?

james32123

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
palindromic.neocities.org

Tbh, Idk, I watched the office once though and I liked it I guess.

I go with the funny color palette, and sort of like a slow esoteric-vibey genre of music

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh idk I'm not interesting enough to answer this one

hmm I was searching something on the internet and I ended up hear somehow, like I think it was through image search? and one of the links lead me here and I'm here now I guess

What do you do for fun?

I play steam games, talk to people using discord (you can friend me if you want, I'm james32123#0173) and I like to watch cartoons and anime and shit

also I just noticed I can include pepsi mans in my posts nice :pepsimaN::pepsimaN::pepsimaN::pepsimaN:

Virtual Cafe Awards

ala_bluh

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
do your snails have names?
yep! i got 3 snails named pokito, despacito, and suavecito
pokito and despacito are about the same age but suavecito is quite young - i'd say 6 months maybe?
theyre pretty cool if i do say so myself :JahySmug:
Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 9.15.09 AM.png

^^ heres them in their sick ass terrarium (the angle makes it look pretty small but it's big enough for them dw)
(from top to bottom that's suavecito, pokito, & despacito)

Virtual Cafe Awards

naa

yep! i got 3 snails named pokito, despacito, and suavecito
pokito and despacito are about the same age but suavecito is quite young - i'd say 6 months maybe?
theyre pretty cool if i do say so myself :JahySmug:
View attachment 5694
^^ heres them in their sick ass terrarium (the angle makes it look pretty small but it's big enough for them dw)
(from top to bottom that's suavecito, pokito, & despacito)
wow their terrarium is so cool! really great snails!

jzx81

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards

Home Improvement. I like cars and I drift and have a bunch of 80s and 90s vehicles.

Being lost in the mall as a child, scary but I would go back.

I make dreampop / surfer rock / chill / synth emowave stuff so I like that alot. Not sure if thats a vaporwave subgenre.

Dead internet theory and then I came back to admire the theme design

What do you do for fun?

I am a programmer, I work on cars and I am also a family man. I guess I do music too but that feels like a job sometimes. Fun is fleeting when you are almost 30

Virtual Cafe Awards

The Long Serpent

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Hm...the Munsters? I have a strange family.
I usually listen to Vaporwave when I need to put on something relaxing and fun while I browse the internet or write. I enjoy a lot of other types of music, but Vaporwave is the only one that is soothing to me.
Mallsoft and VHSpop. They tend to be jazzier and more upbeat than a lot of other vaporwave subgenres.
Pinterest, strangely enough.
What do you do for fun?
I draw, write, and browse online. I talk to friends on discord or other sites.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Shrug

Hipster Doofus
Reaction score
Awards
Hey friends, you can call me Shrug if you want.

Seinfeld, I guess. Lately my life has really felt like "a show about nothing."

It's a nostalgic return to a simpler time in my life and a dream that I don't think really exists anymore.

I really dig more ambient Mallsoft type stuff.

I found a link to it on reddit.

What do you do for fun?
I like to play video games, ride and work on fixed gear bicycles, cook, and play bass guitar.

Virtual Cafe Awards

kamui

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hey, I'm kamui.

Tbh I can't give a good answer about that.

I like the nostalgia it gaves, and the beauty and chill it also gaves to me.

Synth and ambient stuff

4chan

What do you do for fun?
Usually I draw, play videogames (I like old ones, but I'm fine with new ones too), watch anime and read/study history books (I like history a lot). Also I spent time with my family and maybe one of my favorite hobbies are cleaning PCs

Virtual Cafe Awards

Idoria

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
What's esoteric Erisianism? Is it related to Eris? Are you a discordian of some kind?
Yes, it's the kind of Erisianism that is even rejected by the most majestic of Discordians, mostly because we eat hot dogs on Friday from time to time.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ResidentRemilia

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I wouldn't know, I never really grew up on sitcoms.

To me, the genre represents people remembering and yearning for a time long since passed, and passing on the tale to the newer generations, who gain a love for a time they never experienced. Kind of like a modern version of oral tradition.

Darksynth, future funk, tropical house. That's mostly it.

I decided to turn off my adblocker on a site for elite hackers and got teleported here.

What do you do for fun?
Travel the Internet in search of lost relics from a time I briefly experienced

Virtual Cafe Awards

Xergi

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
What do you do for fun?
I really like Japanese Jazz, reading, outdoors stuff, and political theory. I read stuff from all different genres, but recently I've been really into religious stuff (christian, pagan, Islam, etc, I jump around a lot) and the original fairy tales from the Grimm brothers and Hans Anderson. I like simple outdoors stuff like bonfires, hiking, and walking on the boardwalk (not really much to talk about there tho). As far as political theory goes, I'm obsessed and I love learning about and keeping up to date with the people on the fringes. I spent a lot of time reading everything from Marx, Lenin, Trotsky, all the way to Chomsky and Zizek. Aced a radical politics course and two sociology courses in college that gave me even more perspective on radical leftism. I also went just as deep into radical right-wing politics reading works all over the spectrum, traditional conservatives like Reagan and Pat Buchanan, the newer guys like Ben Shapiro and Tucker Carlson all the way to ultra-wackos like Murray, Evola, Rockwell, and Kaczynski. I even watched the entire "free to choose" video series and read some libertarian stuff. Since I burnt myself out with reading about politics, but I still try and keep up with everything as best as I can. One night a week I sit down and watch Don Lemon on CNN, then I go on >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk and read what people have to say on the communist/anarchist/neolib subreddits. Then the night after I watch Tucker Carlson and Hannity on Fox, then I go on /pol/ and the conservative/libertarian subreddits. Might even hop on infowars if I'm feelin a little spicy. I know all that sounds draining, but I love that kinda stuff honestly it's really interesting to learn about and there's a lot of laughs. If you're tryna joke around and play some PC games, send a private message and I'll add you on steam.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Blasphemy

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
-Truth be told i don't really watch that much growing up, i do remember watching malcolm in the middle a few times, i never understood what the show was about growing up (english isnt our first language), but honestly the opening song for the show really stuck with me. Sometimes i open the theme song on youtube just to hear how it's like again.
-I've also watched the office but only the first season if i recall correctly.

What does Vaporwave mean to you, and what subgenres are you most into?
-I know that vaporwave is a music genre, but for me it's not really about the music, it's more about the whole art and aesthetic. I've actually never seen someone in my real life friends who are into vaporwave like i do, of course im far from an expert when it comes to vaporwave, but it's still something that is really my kind of thing. I don't really have a favourite subgenre, i like vaporwave and outrun just as much.

-Someone posted about this site from >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk

What do you do for fun?
-Im a college student now, for the most part i spend my time either working out, gaming, or just vibing to music.

Nice to meet y'all!

Virtual Cafe Awards

SaddamH2006

chairman of the party
Reaction score
Awards
Hello my friends!

Seinfeld, he's' literally me :Soyfact:

A state of diffuse schizophrenia. Dissociation. If you have ever hit rock bottom, I like 2 imagine vaporwave 2 be that feeling, but less depressing. Like when u stay in ur apartment for 2 weeks watching scarface on VHS and smoking cigs, it feels great, your sipping pepsi, sometimes even a girl is there, but u know its not real, its all gonna crash down. thats vaporwave, because vaporwave is a critique of society, and it is the belief of many that society is gona crash down like that, the good days end, and our head is in the sand. But its a fun feeling, so I like the vaporwave.

Future funk, syntwave, sadboys (yuuuuung leeaann) and of course saddamwave :KrillinThug:

was linked on a 4chan post

What do you do for fun?

make edits, play guitar, cultivate my inner world, read and write on political theory/current events

I will probably be seen in the current evetns board, peace

Virtual Cafe Awards

BoxedIn

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Introduce yourself: here are some prompts:

Dunno. I'm a pretty boring person.
It's very nostalgic and gives me memories of when I was younger.
chillwave
Purely by chance. I'm in a discord music server and we accidently found this forum.
What do you do for fun?
Internet stuff, videogames, a bit of programming here and there, swimming, etc.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Ribsgoon

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hey everyone, just chiming in here

I never really watched too many sitcoms, but I liked Boy Meets World growing up if that counts.

Vaporwave is very cathartic to me, and I feel like nostalga makes people act and feel weird things that can't be explained. I like experiencing those feelings and seeing how others do too.

Future funk, dreampunk, I like DnB if that counts too(?)

I don't remember.

What do you do for fun?
Look for obscure things I the internet that I experienced for a very short time like others said. Listen to music, and miscellaneous things related to right-to-repair, free speech, and (F)OSS stuff.

Be seeing you all around! PepSiDawgwitcan

Virtual Cafe Awards