Introduce yourself!

ABSTRACT-TRAGEDY

どこにいても、あなたが私について考えていることを願っています。
Reaction score
Awards
Website
rateyourmusic.com
i wanna take all seat belts off of cars

hi. my name's abstract-tragedy. I make vaporhop.

What cancelled sitcom best describes your life?

peewee's playhouse

What does Vaporwave mean to you?

sad bart reposts on r/

What subgenres are you most into?

vaporhop, broken transmission, ocean grunge, skramz, kidcore

How did you find out about this place?

private suite

What do you do for fun?

tax fraud and trying to find a way to put cannabis in flintstones 1-a-day vitamins

Virtual Cafe Awards

キラヨシ

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Introduce yourself

My name is Derek Power and I make music as キラヨシ.

Not sure as 1) I haven't cared for sitcoms since I was a kid and 2) I don't think my life fits into one.

Too Many Cooks, maybe? =]

It's an art movement/scene where you make things built on mood. It's made with a DIY and a DGAF attitude.

I like pretty much anything under the vapour umbrella.

I believe it was through the Private Suite Magazine directly. Otherwise, it might have been some Twitter or >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk or Facebook thing.

What do you do for fun?
When I'm not doing the day job thing, I do try to work on my music. But right now, my free time is most occupied by either working on an MBA (Smart.ly) or preparing for forthcoming apprenticeship at a recording studio in Boston (Plaid Dog Recording). Otherwise, I am also into films and trying to satiate my intellectual curiosity.

Virtual Cafe Awards

water bearer

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hello world... :)

' , '

, , , .

Not really anything particular. Many good things in many different genres. I just sniff it out.

ℝ, ...

What do you do for fun?

' , ...

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Peterson

Home&Office to achieve maximum success
Reaction score
Awards
Website
open.spotify.com
Hi I'm Andy and I think this website is really cool. I have a project called Home&Office that I would love for you all to check out!

Spin City, News Radio, The Mary Tyler Moore Show - all the top tier office sitcoms

To me it's a tangible manifestation of nostalgia, whether intentional or not. Though it's rooted in media and styles of the past, it's transformed into something brand new and unique to this time. It's weird, wonderful, stupid and intelligent all at once.

Anything ambient (a la Palm Mall) and anything super synthetic yet organic-sounding like PrismCorp. As long as it's got some good vibes and comes from the heart, it really hits me.

Found it on an Agora Road YouTube video of an album I made. (One year later)

What do you do for fun?
Make music, drink coffee, listen to video game music, take walks, play video games, build Gundam models, record other people's music

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vapyd

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Website
vapyd.bandcamp.com
Hi! I am Vapyd and I've been producing vaporwave since 2016 but been making my own tunes since 1995.

George Costanza in Seinfeld (the seasons where he's unemployed).

Vaporwave is love, Vaporwave is life.

Definitely classic-style and vaporfunk, though I am warming to signalwave (if it's not too screachy) and mallsoft can be nice, but is not something I actively listen to.

I think, I found it on Twitter?

What do you do for fun?
Watch YouTube, browse Twitter and make Vaporwave.

Check out my discography at vapyd.bandcamp.com and, if you like, follow the Assorted Vaporwave podcast on Soundcloud at bit.ly/AssVPR

Now for some coffee...

William

Too tired for school
Reaction score
Not really sure if I had to be honest, probably none right now lol ::)

For some it means everything, for me its a cool relaxation genre where I can be calm and still enjoy the music

Lo-Fi, Mallsoft & Chillwave are my favorites, Mallsoft is pretty underrated :/

Through some vaporwave magazine

What do you do for fun?
I play Retro Video Games, Do Video Editing, iPhone Jailbreaking, PC Games, etc.

bedtimebunnage

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Introduce yourself: here are some prompts:

seinfeld

art

no preference

>redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk

What do you do for fun?
make fires

Virtual Cafe Awards

Orlando Smooth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Hello internet dwellers, Orlando Smooth checking in 8)

...does Big Lez count?

It's a glimpse back at many of the things I was vaguely aware of as a young child, that when filtered through this artistic from, doesn't have the same corporate cheese that the raw source material does.

Probably naturewave, I love Eco Virtual, but don't have any particularly strong ties to a single genre.

Private Suite Magazine - I honestly wasn't sure if this was a real place or if the ad there was just a visual art piece. I was very happy when I googled it and stumbled upon this forum.

What do you do for fun?
Study the nervous system :D . Read sci-fi, fantasy, and non-fiction. Listen to, and occasionally play music.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
LuxuryBland said:
Hi. My name is Molly, and I like to program useless crap.

I dont really have a favorite CANCELLED sitcom, but I really do like to watch old episodes of the simpsons sometimes. Some day, it is going to be a cancelled sitcom, we will see.

Vaporwave means alot to me. It makes me kind of relaxed when stressed and I feel comfort.

Vaporwave is a cool genre that I like, but I also like smooth jazz sometimes, or even future funk to practise dance moves.

I found it on >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk somewhere, thought I might give it a try.

What do you do for fun?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Chiefahleaf

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Introduce yourself: here are some prompts:

The sitcom that relates to me in terms of weirdness and comedy is Undeclared.
Vaporwave is definitely an artistic movement that has capitalized the nostalgic tones of past memories to when I hear about the past decades with the music giving the tones to visualize the feeling.
Mallsoft,Vaportrap, Future Funk, VHS Pop, Broken Transmission, and Ambient
A couple of my members in my association has reference this place and I was curious to check it out.
What do you do for fun?
Usually I loved to edit music videos for the vaporwave genre and surrounding subgenre to give visual voices to many artist. I used play video games on any system. I'm very open to play any game and try it out.

Virtual Cafe Awards

LooseBolt

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards

Becker

It's pretty multilayered to me, it would take a novel to explain. But the core reasons for my interest in the genre are that it sounds like nothing else out there - most of the rest of the world of music seems so artificial by comparison (ironic?) - and also I really dig the neoliberal capitalist critique. Oh, and the unironic nostalgia for video games and '90s stuff is cool too.

Oh, mallsoft without a second thought. I also have a bit of a soft spot for naturewave.

Honestly, I forgot. Probably through the VW subreddit.

What do you do for fun?

Well, I like writing. But mostly I just dick around on the internet and watch Game Grumps and shit.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ric.o._ ライアン

Internet Refugee
Reaction score

•Jericho

• before VW I produced trance and other dance genres, however one night a few years back on a mescaline trip that all changed, VW opened my mind to so many musical possibilities that would never have crossed my mind in the scene I was in. It means everything to me, without out it I don't know where I'd currently be.

• future funk, vaportrap, mall soft and ambient

• I was invited to join the other day

What do you do for fun?

• produce and dj music, watch anime and play video games

Peace out my peeps! Hopefully speak soon

MasonS

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Hi everyone! First off, I'd really like to praise the choice in simplemachines. By far the best freeware forum software in my opinion. I'm happy I found this forum while it's alive. Usually communities like this are a thing of the past, so when I saw there's activity here I immediately signed up!

I'm in my early 20s and my childhood mostly consisted of Pokémon, drawing, and adventuring outdoors. I appreciate vaporwave because it allows me to experience a time and place that I was born a little too late to experience. My favorite vaporwave "producer" (because it's mainly sampled based, with his own flavors added) is Contact Lens. I have his entire discography on my computer and phone, which I'll happily share when I get home!

Currently finishing up my last year in college but Ive been producing electronic music using FL for a number of years. I love all genres of music, my favorites being trance, prog house, ambient probably. But my tastes are everywhere.

sandbryc

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
That's a tough one. Seinfeld I guess, just like that show, my life is about nothing xD

Honestly the more I learn and listen to it, I really feel like it's my generation's music. As a person growing up on the internet and moving so fast culturally I feel like vaporwave is the only true personification of this hypermeta, hyperindividualistic state we've found ourselves in.

I really dig mallsoft, vaportrap, classic vaporwave and whatever it is you would call what b e g o t t e n 自杀 and G A M E S H A R KTM do.

Admin posted a link to the November Producer's thread in the FB Group: Vaporwave Break Room.

What do you do for fun?
Bowling, Movies, TV Shows, Board Games, DnD, and Dad Rock!

Shann

, '
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.rotwangstudio.com
Hi everyone! I'm Paola and I got to know about VW only 4-5 years ago.
Music has always been a fundamental part of my life - I can't fathom a world without it. I've drifted through many genres through the years, I'm not ashamed to admit I've been a punk-rock/post-punk poser during my teenage years XD This forum is a pleasant surprise, given that many facebook pages/groups about vaporwave don't give me that nostalgia feel. This is a very nice place, reminds me of the online communities before proper social networks were a thing :)

I didn't watch any sitcom when growing up, maybe just some Fresh Prince when I was at my friends house.

It's my current favourite music genre, I also like the visuals and the overall "distorted nostalgia" feel.

vaportrap, hypnagogic drift, eccojams.

I don't remember exactly, several months ago probably, I was surfing the net looking for a nice vaporwave forum and here I am!

What do you do for fun?
I create illustrations and play videogames/watch old movies.

Virtual Cafe Awards

crybabytif

~sleepy~
Reaction score
Awards
hi, i'm eir and i've been sort-of making vaporwave since 2016, as well as messing around in various other electronic genres, including drone, downtempo, and noise, to name a couple. ;D i also run three labels: http://circular-archive.bandcamp.com (mostly a personal label, but i do accept submissions), http://nobodyhome.bandcamp.com (an open-source label that's part of the 7form-verse), and http://anathema-collective.bandcamp.com (what i affectionately call "a generic vprwv label").
my personal favorite vaporwave subgenres are nuwrld, fishwave (when that was a thing; i'm not even sure if that's what it was called), broken transmission, and the more ambient vaporwave stuff.

my personal favorite vaporwave artists are vektroid, vektroid, vektroid, vektroid, and vektroid. :p

i first got into vaporwave b/c one of my brothers showed me the one track everyone knows about and whose name i will not utter, as well as cherry pepsi by saint pepsi (i fell in love with the former).

i first found out about this place when the official twitter (i think it's the official twitter, anyways) followed me for whatever reason.

this place seems pretty neat, yes ;D

Virtual Cafe Awards

sandbryc

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
I LOVE 家族. 劳动. 쇼핑.! That was one of the first mallsoft albums I ever listened to, or at least when I realized that that sound was mallsoft anyway. I was bummed I missed out on the VHS release.

Vapormax0 said:
:)
* Hello, I am vapormax. Here is my introduction.*
:(
The essence of vaporwave for me would be core 80's in general, elements and aesthetics to music & arts then undertones of the subculture that surrounds it. Neon light, drum machines, synthesizers, fast cars, drugs, women, lifestyles & etc.

The genre that is 猫 シ Corp.'s - 家族. 劳动. 쇼핑.

Via email from my bandcamp.

What do you do for fun?
I make vaporwave music & other styles.
https://vvvv.bandcamp.com/album/vapormax

β ε τ Δ P V N K

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hey, I'm BetaPunk, I make weird music and enjoy 80's horror

Perfect Strangers

Nostalgia personified and perfected in audio form. Everything I loved about old malls and stores from my childhood and realizing others appreciated them as well. I'm not alone.

Synthwave, Darkwave, Mallsoft and V A P O R W A V E

Google machine

What do you do for fun?
Make music.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ROMBREAKER

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Website
rombreaker.bandcamp.com
Heyo! I'm rombreaker aka Stivi.
I've been making vaporwave since early 2017 and am aiming to gain a bigger audience for them to hear my beautiful sound.

I don't watch sitcoms neither do i really watch TV.

Probably nostalgia for a time that never was.

Classic Vapor, mostly italo disco based vapor. I also LOVE haircuts for men's style.

Got an invite via Gmail.

What do you do for fun?
I make Vaporwave and i also make Super Mario World ROM Hacks. Currently developing my new big Hack with a friend and aiming to release a demo on January.

pixel_star_ghost

friendly ghost lost on the wired
Reaction score
Awards
hi hi ^_^

name's pixel*ghost and i just released an album last year.
i'm planning on keeping on, and hopefully make a continuation of that album to make a saga.
i've been a while here but i decided to start posting, so... let's go ^^

no TVs on spirit plane, sorry :(

remembering the past, the lost ones and how great was life before then. well... also the music is quite relaxing to play games while listen to.

i'm a big fan of vgm-like Equip, DDS and R23X, but i also love broken transmissions, "midiwave", mallsoft and ghost tech.

through vapor memory's discord ^^

What do you do for fun?

playing games (mostly rpgs from the sfc/snes), walking outside (especially while raining), finding obscure albums and making mixtapes for personal use.

Virtual Cafe Awards