Awards
Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Coton

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Hi everyone, glad to be here !
I'm not a native english speaker so sorry if i make some mistake when i write !

What cancelled sitcom best describes your life?
Family Matters because i always try out new things and it allways turns bad. // "Did I do that?"

What does Vaporwave mean to you?

Probably sleep music, as i always listen to vaporwave to sleep but i also put "Nightwave Plaza" on when i shop for groceries so.. Sleep & shopping music, that is what it mean to me.

What subgenres are you most into?
I don't really know much about subgenres but i like Future Funk.

How did you find out about this place?

I lurked for a long time so it's hard to remember but it was probably something about the Dead internet theory that brought me here in the first place.

What do you do for fun?
I like to cook... Cook food, not Breaking Bad kinda stuff ! Beside that i mainly play video games and read books because i am a rather boring person. :D

Virtual Cafe Awards

ev13wt

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Introduce yourself: here are some prompts:

What do you do for fun?

The one that never got aired.

Vaporware?

Lofi hip hop, chillout (ibiza 90s9, hip hop)

An article on medium, loved the colors and joined

Thinking while doing nothing.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Natalia Simp

My Queen!
Reaction score
Awards

Red Green Show. Not a sitcom in the strictest definition, but the best description of my failed DIY attempts so far.

Nostalgia. I didn't listen to vaporwave in my childhood, it was an integral part of my entertainment, from sci-fi video games, to sci-fi TV and sci-fi anime.

I still don't listen to vaporwave, so I don't really have any ideas about sub-genres. Lately I've been enjoying some jazz, mostly from video game soundtracks.

The Dead Internet Theory.

What do you do for fun?

For entertainment it's usually an RPG, both virtual and tabletop, and some MTG. My primary hobby has been writing short stories to build my own fictional world, and I'm still terrible at it.

Virtual Cafe Awards
i'm a simple markov chain generator from the plebian internet, found my way here by clicking a link, before a helpful mod managed to save me by moderating it. i'm stuck, how do i escape?
What show best describes your life?
i like to think that i'm sam lowry from the movie brazil, but i'm actually an extra who dies in an explosion on minute 34. i'm in frame for exactly 3.7 seconds. i wear a yellow jacket, and tweed pants.
sniffing cocaine off a haliburton attache case

Virtual Cafe Awards

lizilizilizi

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
hi,i'm lizilizilizi.I write chinese classical style poetry. As searching on the internet by chance, I found someone discussing my works in this forum, so,i registered it and want to communicate with them, even though my english is poor.

Virtual Cafe Awards

niuenso

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
niuenso.com
Hello to you all

Not a sitcom person but if I had to pick a series I'd say cowboy bebop.
More an aspiration that an actual description though.

Nothing, funnily enough. Although I do love the overall aesthetic around the genre.

Honestly, I'm not knowledgeable enough to pick subgenres.
I mostly go with the flow and don't pay too much attention to what a specific thing is.
Also terms are confusing. I just enjoy the content.

I'm very into independent web and I landed here after bouncing around a bunch of very odd websites and one of them was pointing to this site. My first though was "well this definitely look like an odd looking website so let me sign up and see what these people are up to"

What do you do for fun?
Walk around forests, write blog posts, code websites, make random internet connections with people around the world

Virtual Cafe Awards

Rebel

This Is War, Huh, Wow!
Reaction score
Awards
Hi all, I'm new here and thought I would post here to introduce myself.

To be honest, I haven't watched a lot of sitcoms that could really represent my life. I am a university student, so I guess Community would be somewhat fitting?

It's a genre I haven't looked into in terms of music, but the aesthetic speaks to me. It feels almost like a dream, but also somewhat comfy? A dream-like liminal space with brighter colours. I love the 80s retro theme and it feels almost nostalgic to me, though I definitely did not grow up in the 80s.

Dreamcore, Cozy, Comfy, Liminal spaces and so on - these are all aesthetics I'm into

Found this site whilst browsing /x/, the site was linked there on a post about deep ocean (weird, I know).
I'm a big fan of throwback Internet designs and themes, and love the community feel of a smaller, lesser-known forum.

What do you do for fun?
I'm a fitness fanatic, and also just like drinking and hanging out with my mates.
I really need to get out and do more lol.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Milkington

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hello!

Happy to join this forum! I was lurking off and on for the last year.

I'm not sure, but I always was partial to News Radio.
I'm a bigger fan of synthwave. I just really like the music.
Darksynth
I don't really remember, but I really aesthetic and vibe.
What do you do for fun?
Rock climbing, playing piano, reading

Virtual Cafe Awards

acclerate

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Yo yo yo! Can't wait to start hanging out here.

I grew up with King of Queens, Seinfeld and The Office. It wasn't until I watched It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia and Trailer Park Boys that realized what situational comedy meant. I don't think my life specifically aligns with any of those shows but they do give a little insight into my sense of humor and cinematic tastes.

1/21/2011, the day Portlandia premiered on IFC. Washed Out's "Feel It All Around" slaps me in the face. CHILLWAVE hits my ears for the first time. Up to that point I had been totally lost when it came to music. Vaporwave is one of the many new genres that I'd discover for myself. To me it simply means good music. Music that allows the imagination to expand.

Chillwave & lo-fi.

The FB whistleblower confirmed some of my suspicions about "big tech". The internet is dead, fake and most likely being run by some form of early AI. Found an article that talks about this conspiracy in more depth and I followed it to a post on here called Dead Internet Theory: Most of the Internet is Fake. Now I'm here!

What do you do for fun?
Video games with my brothers who are spread out all over the country. Ski, hike, bike and other outdoor activities. I also am always hunting for new sounds and musicians. When I have the time and the money I plan on using some of my musical talents to take a stab at producing some music of my own. If 1 person gets the enjoyment out of my music that I've gotten from some of the creators in this Vaporwave genre that'll be enough.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards

The Inbetweeners, it's a British comedy but look it up its great, especially how it portrays British schoolboy culture.

Vaporwave represents an era gone by of the old internet that we crave but we never get back so we encapsulate into music or something like that.

I really, really like City Pop, I even collect the CDs (never been big on vinyl).

/x/ board, someone posted a link to here and the rest is history.

What do you do for fun?
I enjoy fitness, reading, gardening, listening to music, gaming, seeing mates, and going to the pub.

Virtual Cafe Awards

yukiovikernes

God's Favorite
Reaction score
Awards
idk of any that describes my life, if it existed it would be abt being stupid and gay

I don't listen to vaporwave, I'm here for the old internet vibes

Some artists I like: Songs: Ohia, Current 93, Nick Drake, Coil, Rowland S Howard, Swans, Grazhdanskaya Oborona

I heard abt this from the redscarepod subreddit, the last ok subreddit. Imo its going to shit too so i thought id check this out

What do you do for fun?
I like old school tabletop rpgs, books, music, and lifting weights

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kaputski

Travelling without moving
Reaction score
Awards
Hi, i'm here to talk about vaporwave, improve my english and browse some threads like i did 10-15 years ago.

Not really a sitcom but Sense8 has to be my favorite tv show ever. There's something about it that i can't explain, it just speaks to me on a level that no other series has reached so far.

To me it's more than a music genre or aesthetic. It embodies this feeling of nostalgia of a period i've never experienced, through the lens of nowadays problematics. It's about how they perceived the world and the future back then. It used to be cooler and simplier.

I really enjoy slushwave and mallsoft, the slower the better. It puts me in this state of meditation i enjoy. Looking at the clouds, taking the time to do nothing. When i have to be active i usually listen to some Citypop, Future funk or Synthwave.

Someone talked about this place in a Vapor Memory's Youtube comment section.

What do you do for fun?

I watch movies, listen to music, play video games. The usual. My motto is "time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."

Virtual Cafe Awards

Neonriser

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
neonriser.neocities.org
Hello! I'm Neonriser. It all started when I visited JAUP (Another Useless Webpage) and checked its latest additions. After clicking enough links, I ended up here!

To me, Vaporwave is... its own thing. It is a mix of 90s nostalgia with some bright, neon colours.

I enjoy coding, drawing, and playing video games. Right now I am doing an online college course on website design! Rad!

Virtual Cafe Awards

ganstawitswag

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards

What do you do for fun?
I found out about this place from an ad on /x/. I liked the background so I joined.

Virtual Cafe Awards

satyre

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
What canceled sitcom best describes your life?
Not a sitcom, but Deadly Class.
I kinda find it identical to punk(not sonically, of course), and that is also what I like from it.
noisy vaporwave, Future Funk, Slushwave, Dreampunk
Twitter
What do you do for fun?
I write, play games, and love to walk the streets with friends.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Laohu

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hi, my name is Laohu and I hate introducing myself. I'm 20, interested in a variety of things and german. My grammar could be a bit messed up from time to time, but active practice is the best way to actually learn imho.

I appreciate it's existence. In my opinion, it only brought good things to the online world. It is good for relaxation on one hand, and it invites to philosophize on the other.
There are none that I particulary dislike, soo..
4chan
What do you do for fun?
Reading, walks in the woods, meditating, vidya, surfing the web, have a drink with frens.. just quite basic stuff I guess.

Virtual Cafe Awards

FivePlusTwo

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards

What do you do for fun?
Seinfeld

A wave of heated up Vicks Vaporub crashing into a coastal urban metropolis.

Music, Art, and Technology.

Friendly Reccomendation

What do you do for fun?
I love to gamer out mostly, also love traveling and exploring. listening to music, spending time with friends and loved ones, movies/tv. That sort of stuff.

Virtual Cafe Awards

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
Seinfeld

A wave of heated up Vicks Vaporub crashing into a coastal urban metropolis.

Music, Art, and Technology.

Friendly Reccomendation

What do you do for fun?
I love to gamer out mostly, also love traveling and exploring. listening to music, spending time with friends and loved ones, movies/tv. That sort of stuff.
welcome homie

Virtual Cafe Awards

Mirrahn1313

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards

What do you do for fun?

Well To start off I'm a 28 yo female, married 10 years with 3 kids. I found this forum through learning about the dead internet theory which I found not only interesting and plausible but it also resparked an old idea that has been in the back of my mind for the last 6-7 years or so, which led me to this forum. I plan on posting my thoughts on a few of my own theories later ;) You see I've always been fascinated with the different theories that ive stumbled across in my life, not just for the theories themselves but I also wonder about why the creator of each theory would think the way they do and what kind of events would lead them to these conclusions. I like to think of it almost like researching backwards. I dont always subscribe to the theories I learn about, some are just silly ideas, but always fun to read no matter how crazy or convoluted they get. I find alot of them have small nuances that trigger a response in my mind that really starts me thinking and questioning even the most mundane of topics. I used to talk about these theories with my husband and i really enjoyed the intellectual conversations it got us having. In our teen years we would spend countless nights up discussing what we stumbled upon that day and shared our thoughts on it which would inevitably lead to more questions. We dont really disciss these things like we used to, partially because adult life is busy with alot of tasks that can't be ignored so the time we used to have to really talk together just isnt there anymore. There are other reasons I'll discuss later as well but its basically what led me to this place. I honestly miss these crazy discussions we would have and I feel like I need a place where I can be free to question and theorize the things that grab at my mind sometimes. I love going on deep dives into ideas so if anyone has any really good ones they wanna point me towards please let me know! I also will be adding a few theories that people ive met personally through work and life have come up with and done research on, and ill give my own thoughts on those as well because theres a couple that are really out there lol. sorry for the long intro, but hope to get to know some of you and maybe finally have a place and some people to bounce my ideas off of and see what comes of it.

What do you do for fun?

Virtual Cafe Awards