Introduce yourself!

vaporsqwerl

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I've been hanging around here for a while but never managed to introduce myself!

What cancelled sitcom best describes your life?

Perfect Strangers. I'm a Gemini, and some days I feel like Larry - neurotic and overly serious, while other days my inner Balki comes out - spontaneous, fun-loving, but a bit bewildered. No matter what though, I'm always standing tall on the wings of my dreams.

What does Vaporwave mean to you?

A completely unique art form that somehow manages to evoke subconscious and barely conscious old, old memories. Unsettling but comforting at the same time. Ironically but also unironically enjoyable.

What subgenres are you most into?

Broken transmission/signalwave and Mallsoft.

How did you find out about this place?

Through vapor-twitter.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jared

יָרֶד
Reaction score
Awards
Website
xertech.neocities.org
Introduce yourself: here are some prompts:

What do you do for fun?
A good portion of my childhood was playing video games with vaporwave in the background. For me it always brings back memories of when I was more naive and wonderous .The genre is very close to home for me.
Probably around the time the "Dead Internet Theory" thread was posted .I didn't initially sign up ,but later I found a post about Blockland. Blockland is the game that my profile picture is from. Blockland is an early 2000's game that does have some vaporwave type shit, so its no wonder there was a thread dedicated to the game here.
What do you do for fun?
That depends on the situation. I mostly play vidya games with my pals , but occasionally ill browse the internet for some schizo tier shit. Who doesn't love schizophrenics?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Lukeas1111

My dad owns Microsoft >:(
Reaction score
Awards
What canceled sitcom best describes your life?
I dont really like to watch sitcoms, but I guess big band theory, sue me.

It mean a lot, the music just makes me feel a mix of melancholy and nostalgia not really recreated by many other genres.

UK dubstep, future funk, indie rock, digital hardcore, boom-bap.

I stumbled upon it while looking for something else and though it was cool.

What do you do for fun?
I enjoy modding source engine games, making music, skateboarding, biking, programming.

Virtual Cafe Awards

DAyy

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
hi peopel

Don't really watch anything. A few years ago I might have said Seinfeld, but I want that to really be the opposite of my life now. It's not, though, so I'll say Seinfeld and do my best to change it.

Not a lot. Neat aesthetic though.

I don't know what anything's called, I'd embarrass myself if I tried naming things. But I usually prefer slow "lo-fi study" kind of stuff.

@VHSMARONITE told me about it. It's been a gorillion years since I've been on any forums. I think Facebook,etc. made me too full of myself. I got rid of it last year. But talking to no-one on the Internet was probably making me too schizo.

What do you do for fun?
Writing and lifting. Trying to limit the vidya, and especially never buying new games. Right now I'm almost exclusively playing ps2 games I've never played before. Fatal Frame right now.

Hope everyone's having a good one :chikaYo:

Virtual Cafe Awards

mycologist

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards

Is there any cancelled sitcoms about an autist who went undiagnosed throughout their entire childhood and is only now coming to terms with who they are at 21? If so, that one

Idk, I have a vaporwave aesthetic photo as my phone background. I like some songs. I'm more here for the old school internet community than Vaporwave. its alright

hyperpop lol

/x/, they were talking about the dead internet theory

What do you do for fun?

smoke a lot of weed and binge drink. research conspiracy theories and pick and choose bits to make sense of the world around us. go on imageboards and fourms. play teamfight tactics

Virtual Cafe Awards

PenisManJerry

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards

dunno i don't really watch sitcoms

mostly a genre with really cool stuff, 90s stuff is generally really cool

What subgenres are you mostly into?

i'd say future funk, it really gets you going.

some video on youtube showed this forum for a split second and i was immediately hooked

What do you do for fun?

compose music, mostly all genres, i sometimes also program (terrible at it), but i've very recently gotten into reverse engineering and it's really fun :)

Virtual Cafe Awards

//vokz

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hey guys, I'm FluxRadz, a 22 year old male repping for the coastal elites.
//
Sitcom: Toss up between Freaks and Geeks and Arrested Development, maybe a bit of the IT Crowd too with a pinch of IASIP.
Vaporwave: Honestly, I don't listen to Vaporwave as much as I do other genres, but I like the feelings it can be capable of evoking in me and the aesthetic.
Sub-genres: Future Funk, Mallsoft, Lofi, and Broken Transmission.
Reference: Unironically 4chan.
Fun: I used to play bass, guitar, and drums from ages 13 to 20. Bass was my fave and I was in a couple bands. Nowadays I like to do some coding and pretty much anything tech related. I like spending time with my family and cooking too. Gusic, kino, animu, and vidya as well obviously.
//
I look forward to getting to know all of you on the forum!
:ripwindowsxp:

Virtual Cafe Awards

Parappa

Whatchu gonna do? You gotta believe!
Reaction score
Awards
I don't remember the last time I watched a sitcom.

Vaporwave might not be the single genre I listen to the most, but I still definitely enjoy it!

Vaporwave is vaporwave, regardless of subgenre.

I first heard about it on a Discord server and liked the site, but I didn't create an account until hearing about Dead Internet Theory

What do you do for fun?
Drawing, reading, retro vidya and of course talking to others on the internet.

Virtual Cafe Awards

H3lixir

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Introduce yourself:

The ability to enjoy electronic art and music before there was a concept of what was "correct" in that space

not really sure to be honest. whatever poolside.fm has going on, that's my jam

twitter

What do you do for fun?

infosec stuff

Virtual Cafe Awards

PunchCardPoet

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hey party people.

My childhood was pretty much Roseanne, just with 3 brothers and a smaller house. My adulthood, I don't really know. I haven't seen any sitcoms that I relate to at this moment. I'll just cop out and say my favorite sitcom is Spaced.

Interesting music and visuals and nostalgia for the past, but almost like a past that never really happened, just one that we wish did. I've never been deep into vaporwave, but have always found it extremely intriguing for those reasons.

Oh jeez with vaporwave isn't there like a million of them? The two that come to mind for me in my limited scope are Mallsoft and Broken Transmission.

/x/, visited while bored at work to see what the schizos there were up to and saw the "The Best Kept Secret on the Internet" ad. I clicked it and lurked around for a couple days and here we are. Been looking for an old school forum to join for months now, so I'm glad I did.

What do you do for fun?
What most people do, honestly. Read, watch movies/tv, play video games, and write. I work so much these days that I barely get to do any of them though. I've got more books, movies, shows, and writing projects on a "need to get to" list than you can imagine.

Virtual Cafe Awards

14-27

Really? This is what you are going with?
Reaction score
Awards
Hello friends, it's been awhile! How's the weather there in good old Punxsutawney?

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency.

At the time, I thought they just scanned my mind, and released it to the public. Metaphorically speaking, of course. That would be crazy if I literally thought something like that, so I most definately meant metaphorically.

A gateway drug perhaps.

Evidence that one is never too old to try new things. Genuinely surprised I like some of it.

Does Retro-SynthWave count?

The dizzying sense of vertigo-wave I periodically feel, because, turns out there is in fact "no spoon".

A super Advanced AI led me here, I just followed the signs.

What do you do for fun?

What is this "Fun" you speak of? No getz fun anymore. No getz any fun at all.
All play and no work, make Jack a very dull boy...

PS: This place, seems like a bit of a chill zone, and I hope to talk with some chill people, even if we agree on nothing at all.
I would appreciate discussing thoughts on reality itself, in a much more serious and considered fashione d.
Still, it is good to larf though!

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

GeorgeOrr

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards

Supernatural

Had I known this were a vaperwave forum.... but yea very magnetic, nostalgic genre. Likeitalot

Looking for proof of dead internet

What do you do for fun?

classified

Virtual Cafe Awards

MossTako

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hey everyone, I stumbled across this forum and it gave me the nostalgic feeling from when I was young. I grew up in the 90s being a 80s baby and all that.

Saved by bell, the style and feel just fit so well

To me it feels like a home I won't return to, a life in a neon amber that I can only look back at.

I like it all tbh, been on a future funk stint

Someone posted a link about something in a discord for FFXIV I'm in

What do you do for fun?
Play video games, listen to music. I have a wife and 2 kids so I spend lots of time with them too

Virtual Cafe Awards

Wanderer

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

Twin Peaks

nostalgia for a future past that never was

for books/games/movies sci-fi horror and/or time loops, for music Im so inconsistent i couldn't pin it down

written on the bathroom wall of the internet

What do you do for fun?

play and mod games, read, wander the wilds irl and online, taking up nature photography, chemistry, mycology, botany, theorize research and experiment all sorts of stuff from the normal to wildly abstract or fringe...

never actually written down a list of things i do before....

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Inverse

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Wow, going to the old stuff. not sure if it was canceled but probably Home Improvement.
Making things, DIY, breaking stuff, Caveman Noises. and having the occasional philosophical discussion with a friend from behind the fence.

Vapor wave is pretty cool, kinda reminds of stylized retro anime. Better days mostly.

Don't quite have one I guess, not cool enough I suppose.

Youtube theory channel with abuncha cool mysteries. Kinda joined on a whim after lurking abunch.

What do you do for fun?
Leather work, Anime garage kits, Sewing, reading Light novels, Watching anime, airbrushing, talking with friends on the net about the state of things such as retro gaming, anime, and cultured forms of art. :)

Happy to be of service.

Virtual Cafe Awards

the80srobot

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards

Frasier comes to mind. A few out of touch people insulated from the real world talking about other people's problems on late night radio. Also: dog. I even live in a city by a lake next to some mountains.

Sampling other music isn't new: Vaporwave is the hip-hop of the internet subculture.

Not sure I know enough to tell where the lines are between subgenres.

Someone on this site posted a tongue-in-cheek conspiracy theory about the internet being made up of bots messaging each other, which I found a link to.

What do you do for fun?

Coding, reading, hiking, playing music.

Virtual Cafe Awards

2bitDeparture

cnNzIGx1cmtlcgo=
Reaction score
Awards
Originally through a link I found to the dead internet theory post, since then I've been lurking off and on mostly through rss feeds.

What do you do for fun?
Write scripts for useless things and tinkering with config files.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

JuiceMM

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Something you will learn from me, Is that I'm not sure how to interpret certain questions, so I'll answer how I feel I should

From my perspective, Vaporwave gives me a feeling of nostalgia, for a time I have never experienced

I wanted to find people whole liked music, aesthetics, and lifestyle similar to me, so I searched on Google, and a random >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk thread lead me here

What do you do for fun?
I play videogames, listen to music, and paint. I also collect, anything and everything ;)

Virtual Cafe Awards

XxBallerFanxX

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Good music...

I don't really remember

What do you do for fun?
I explore abandoned places

;)

Virtual Cafe Awards

Neon Wave

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Whaddups I'm Neon Wave and here to introduce myself.

I don't think any sitcom accurately describes my life, but I like Seinfeld.

A source of comfort and relaxation. Not only the music but the art. A longing for my childhood and a place and state of mind I am trying to create now.

Vaportrap, lofi hip hop. Favorite kind of music is trip hop.

An article about the dead internet theory.

What do you do for fun?
Ultra marathons, running in general, aimless walks in the woods, working out, woodburning, chillin'

Virtual Cafe Awards