Introduce yourself!

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
Hi there lol wazzup !!! Im a pretty boring guy who soends there spare time either watching anime and/or getting drunk.:kannaSippyn:

What cancelled sitcom best describes your life?

Honetly not sure, dont really watch or have watch sitcoms so its hard to say. Ives watched friends and i have friends so there is that

What does Vaporwave mean to you?

Vaporwave for me is music to clear my head, it reminds me of stars above, dreaming about traveling thru space, memories to cherish and to always move forward in life. Sounds cheesey i know but those are the things that come in mind.

What subgenres are you most into?

Hmmm i guess its a music question. So right now I have been listeining to lots of the orb (chill/electronica) and random hardcore edm/electronic) but my go to classics would be breakcore, grunge (not just Nirvana!), whatever genre Beach Bunny is in and happy hardcore (cringe, I know)
But for vaporwave, definitely future funk.

How did you find out about this place?

I think it was from /hap/ about dead internet.

What do you do for fun?

Drive around and go on dates :D
Oi oi tell us about the date stories lad. Scored any nice birds as of late?

Virtual Cafe Awards

sadness

webmistress
Reaction score
Awards
Website
sadgrl.online
hello! i'm sadness, an internet nomad. i run a website over at https://sadgrl.online/ and am trying to help make the internet suck a little less.

What does Vaporwave mean to you? - It makes me feel warm and comfy and nostalgic, that deadmall vibe.

How did you find out about this place? - I've seen it around on various links pages but I decided to stop in and see what it's like. I'm usually more of the lurker type.

What do you do for fun? - Build websites, write, and serve the people.

Virtual Cafe Awards

0ur0b0r0s

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I don't/haven't really watched a lot of sitcoms, especially any that I relate to. I do like some of the funnier mainstream ones like IT Crowd, the Office, and Parks and Rec.

Good, largely out-of-the-mainstream music/aesthetic. I enjoy the surrealist aspect; I try not to give in too much to the sway of nostalgia, but I have the opinion that certain time periods that vaporwave...enshrines (?) were indeed much better times to be on the web than currently. It was a bit before my time, but things such as current web bloat, globohomo artstyles, and social media updoot mentality inform my opinion here as well as the more unique, varied, personal, and colorful websites that I've seen when searching for old-web type websites.....crap I'm on a tangent. That happens a lot with me.
My favorite type of music has always been classical music; I was unable to find a lot of vaporwave online when I was getting into it about a year or two ago (inexperienced, I guess). Vaporwave and classical music are both relaxing to me; classical music is very beautiful to me & vaporwave has a more "dreamy" appeal.

From my little exposure to it (it's hard to find copious amounts of vaporwave on Youtube without knowing where/how to look), I like mallsoft and synth stuff, but also have had good experience with slush wave.

4chan. I escaped (>inb4 you can never leave) but go back once a month or so, usually to /g/. I was asking a question, and perused around for a couple minutes. Someone suggested this in a thread about old-web type forums, something I like but that is very hard to find. Social media is gar-baggio and 4chan can get a little too.. chaotic, but these types of forums are nice. I'm also trying to dip my toes into IRC, at the moment.

What do you do for fun?
Big movie enjoyer, but try not to watch too much. I have started a homeserver recently and I really like working with Linux, so that usually keeps me more occupied than I have time for.

Virtual Cafe Awards

mukewarrah

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards

I was never a TV guy.

Some type of indescribable nostalgia where I miss a period of time, or something, that I was never able to truly experience.

Future funk, if that counts.

a link sent to a group of people.

What do you do for fun?

Many things. Mostly of which are computer related.

Virtual Cafe Awards

mukewarrah

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I also host a website over at http://www.sitzkrieg.xyz/ (sorry, it is HTTP not HTTPS. I do not have the amount of control I would like to have from the hosting aspect of things. )

Virtual Cafe Awards

fammy_lammy

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
hmm

reminds me of how liberating old things felt

can't answer that

Found it in an odysee video description. It looks like a cozy forum uncontacted by modern man and I like to keep those bookmarked even if I'm not going to be a frequent poster.

What do you do for fun?
internet

Virtual Cafe Awards

rosydolly

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
rosydolly.neocities.org
What canceled sitcom best describes your life?
Wish I watched enough sitcoms to answer this! But my favorite one was always Home Improvement.

Nostalgia. A lot of it is for times I never even experienced, but I don't know another word to describe it.

I love futurefunk!

A guestbook signature! (Thank you to whoever linked back to me :`) I did the same a while back! I'm only just now posting tho)

What do you do for fun?
I watch a lot of anime/read manga/listen to music.(lame lol) but I also like to draw and browse the web! My favorite sites are forums and personal sites or blogs like on neocities.
I don't leave the house a lot but I like to go to thrift stores and buy vhs tapes and bootleg anime. Lately I've been finding a lot of joseph lai stuff and it's hilarious <3

Virtual Cafe Awards

Goose

Just a brain with a body - a quasi stellar object.
Reaction score
Awards
Party Down - I adore Lizzy Caplin and Ken Merino. Plus I used to be a bartender for many years, so it feels super familiar to me.

For me, it's an aesthetic - haven't gotten into the music yet.

Hardcore punk, lo-fi, new wave, deep house + more.

I read that Atlantic article on the dead internet and knew I had to check out this forum.

What do you do for fun?
Watch horror movies, surf the web, reading, writing, making playlists, hiking, etc.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
Party Down - I adore Lizzy Caplin and Ken Merino. Plus I used to be a bartender for many years, so it feels super familiar to me.

For me, it's an aesthetic - haven't gotten into the music yet.

Hardcore punk, lo-fi, new wave, deep house + more.

I read that Atlantic article on the dead internet and knew I had to check out this forum.

What do you do for fun?
Watch horror movies, surf the web, reading, writing, making playlists, hiking, etc.
Haha goose epic

Virtual Cafe Awards

dullkedo

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Scrubs used to be literally all I watched on DVD when I was 15 and I think it subconsciously defined my entire life.

Remembering something that I used to have and now I have lost (or it was stolen, idk)

Vaporwave, cyberpunk

Bookmarked it during one of my random walks on the net, I don't remember from where but prolly some random anon's website on Lainchan

What do you do for fun?
I write pottery on my website (under a different alias), cook, go to the range, hike in the mountains.

Attachments

• Antonio-Canova-Amore-e-Psiche-marmo-158-x-68-x-55-cm-Possagno-Gipsoteca-Antonio-Canova-Courtesy.jpg
    Antonio-Canova-Amore-e-Psiche-marmo-158-x-68-x-55-cm-Possagno-Gipsoteca-Antonio-Canova-Courtesy.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 49
Virtual Cafe Awards

xandra

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
xandra.cc
hi everyone! i'm alexandra. nice to meet all of you. :)

what does Vaporwave mean to you? to me, it's an ironic take on consumer capitalism that builds on nostalgia to create something new. i'm a casual fan of vaporwave as an aesthetic and music genre, but i'm moreso living it through creating "web 1.0" websites focusing on personal interests and self-expression, encouraging unplugging from corporate media (including social media), and decentralizing the internet.

how did you find out about this place? the yesterweb ring!

what do you do for fun? code, travel, learn about history, metaphysics and practical ethics, write essays

Virtual Cafe Awards

Dubyadee

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
What canceled sitcom best describes your life?

I consider most types of cartoons to be sitcoms, so probably Chowder.

I think that it is a kind of icon how most media and content is in the post-internet world. Referential permutations without shame.

All about my cloudrap and pop punk/easycore.

I unironically can't remember and it was just today lol. I think a thread showed up while I was looking for a CSS guide.

What do you do for fun?

I'm in a kind of migration period from being a stagnant vidyagamer and general consumer. I've been fiddling around with digital art and making video stuff. It's not very good yet but it is fun. Building my own domain has been part of these endeavors.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 3373

Cancelled sitcom: I wish I could say the Simpsons

Vaporwave: A fun and experimental genre that reminds me of old PC games (then again I guess that's the point)

Subgenres: I don't really do subgenres. I tend to just go for broad genres like rock and funk (mainly rock)

Found this place: I found out about it through the dead internet theory.

Fun: I mostly just read and string together long and often times contradicting social theories

outis

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I don't think it's possible for a sitcom to describe one's life because a show, unlike real life, is inherently designed to be a narrative for the benefit of a viewer. That said, the final season of Samurai Jack (not a sitcom I guess) was an excellent reflection on the loss of purpose that many of us feel once we're beyond the childhood/adolescent years during which we watch the earlier seasons.

What does Vaporwave mean to you? What subgenres are you most into?
Nothing, I've only stumbled across it once or twice on youtube. That wasn't what brought me here and I hope I'm not diluting your forum by being here.

The dead internet theory thread was posted on hackernews. I've been interested in that for a while and when I was reading the thread I noticed the level of conversation here was a breath of fresh air, so I did some browsing and I'd like to stick around.

What do you do for fun?
I like climbing, mathematics, and I spend a lot of time shitposting but I'm not sure I'd say I enjoy it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

sanketpatrikar

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
The "dead internet theory" thread was posted on HackerNews. I followed that back to here.

What do you do for fun?
  • Read longform articles, books, online Q&As, or anything that interests me.
  • Research things.
  • Look for interesting links online.
  • Programming.
  • Walking and Running.
  • Solo travelling.

Virtual Cafe Awards

rémineur

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Good morrow to you all fair fellow travelers ! My name is Saint-John Smythe.

To introduce myself, I have chosen to answer only one question, not because I enjoy not complying to the rules but because the answer to this question is the only one which tells something about me.

What does vaporwave mean to you ?

To me, vaporwave is an escape to a reality that will never be real. It is a memory of a time that I have never known. It is a mirage, a vision of the world that is distorted by our dreams and our unconscious. Vaporwave, to summarize, is a universe of fakeness.
However, as fake as this universe may be, it is a true remedy for the decadent souls such as me. And I will never thank enough all the geniuses of the community who have produced the best kind of music and created the best artworks for a decade.

Virtual Cafe Awards

rémineur

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
From my little exposure to it (it's hard to find copious amounts of vaporwave on Youtube without knowing where/how to look), I like mallsoft and synth stuff, but also have had good experience with slush wave.
Hello, If you want to discover more vaporwave songs, I highly recommend you to check the YouTube channel Vapor memory which contains thousands of very interesting albums. There are also some good channels that post songs individually like Soundstation or Artzie music.

Virtual Cafe Awards